02-12-13 12:17 AM
54 123
tools
    Press about the UAE reception:

Slim BlackBerry pickings as demand for Z10 outstrips supply - The National

"The response has been great so far."

The Z10 is likely to do as well as Samsung's SIII and the iPhone 5, said Mr Khanzadah. "This is one of the biggest launches along the lines of the SIII and the iPhone 5. It will be a straight fight between all three."
    02-11-13 03:35 PM
    A market that is 5 times larger than Europe and they should not consider it when estimating production?
    Europe has 800 million people approximately. Not sure how you came to that conclusion.

No wonder Europeans get mad when North Americans act like we're the centre of the universe ...
    Tom689 likes this.
    02-11-13 03:42 PM
    how much did you pay for it?
    The Seller had it on Dubizzle for AED 3400, but I haggled with him to get it to AED3000.so I basically payed AED400 over retail price which is at AD2600. Again the Extra AED400 was well worth it for me since I got it on FEB 5th, it comes with LTE support and BBM Voice enabled. I'm not sure if the UAE phones come with BBM voice disabled or if it just done from the carriers perspective but at least I have the option.

Looking on Dubbizle right now I can see that there are still some UK spec phones on there.they are aournd AED100 more than the Axiom ones but if I had to do it all over again Id still buy the UK version unless they start bringing LTE supported phones here.
    02-12-13 12:12 AM
    You guys also need to keep in mind that there are different variants of the Z10, so Canadian handsets cannot be diverted to the UAE or vice versa.I believe the principle is the same for the U.K. as well.
    This. U.A.E. (unfortunately) and lots of international markets are not getting the LTE version. I believe we are the first people to get the non LTE version internationally.

also, thanks to the TRA and the telcos there was still last minute discussions regarding BBM Voice and Video Chat, which currently is still not available within the UAE. Telcos are saying it will be allowed soon... How soon and if it will actually pan out is left to be seen.
    02-12-13 12:17 AM
54 123