02-12-13 12:17 AM
54 123
tools
    Ok axiom and Etisalat officially tweeted that z10 is available. Axiom is available now whole Etisalat is as of 10pm. Happy shopping

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    LOL What time are the stores open till there? 24hours?
    02-10-13 08:09 AM
    Ok axiom and Etisalat officially tweeted that z10 is available. Axiom is available now whole Etisalat is as of 10pm. Happy shopping

Yuuup! Axiom just called me to pick up my phone!! Soo excited! On my way noow
    02-10-13 08:10 AM
    Excellent news. Please post observations, pics of line ups, level of reception. I'm getting addicted to the launch parties.
    Dapper37 and MoolahMitch like this.
    02-10-13 09:05 AM
    LOL What time are the stores open till there? 24hours?
    Usually all stores in malls stay open to around 10pm. however when there are launches like the Z10 they obviously will extend so I would say 1am for today on most stores launching the Z10.
    neteng1000 likes this.
    02-10-13 09:20 AM
    LOL! Uh....I won't even address the absurd "the only explanation" line. :-)

If that is the reason, it certainly would show why BB can't launch in the US. If modest (by all accounts) sales in the UK and Canada have depleted all supply, then BB has some incredibly serious issues. I don't think (???) that could be the case.....that would point to....incompetence on a level I can't even fathom! Given the delays in launching in the first place, only being able to supply small numbers to the UK and Canada would be nothing short of complete failure for a "global" launch.

I am uncertain about the abilities of Heins and co. - they have a lot to prove and so far it's been a pretty mixed bag, but I still think you are doing them a disservice with your allegation.
    obviously Blackberry has known that the US was not going to sell any time soon, and so only fools would make inventory based on US sales,
    clearly Blackberry is going to make inventory they think they can move.....
    02-10-13 09:28 AM
    The only explanation for this is that sales in UK and Canada is beyond even the top end of BB's own expectations, and they had to divert supply away from UAE.
    The units are carrier specific so you can't just send them somewhere else. I doubt they can turn production and shipping around that fast.
    02-10-13 09:32 AM
    obviously Blackberry has known that the US was not going to sell any time soon, and so only fools would make inventory based on US sales,
    clearly Blackberry is going to make inventory they think they can move.....
    Hugh???

A market that is 5 times larger than Europe and they should not consider it when estimating production?

Wow....

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    02-10-13 09:43 AM
    Hugh???

A market that is 5 times larger than Europe and they should not consider it when estimating production?

Wow....

Tim

Sent from my BlackBerry 9850
    Blackberry did consider the US and found it launches a few weeks later and obviously they will plan production accordingly....
    02-10-13 09:54 AM
    Hugh???

Wow....

Tim
    Okay Tim, you are talking about one of the most difficult aspects of manufacturing.
    They don't just take what they sold in one country and multiply it by five, they would go broke that way.
    Besides we are not BlackBerry's customers, the carriers are so if they order X then say they want an additional Y, that amount isn't just waiting in a warehouse typically.

02-10-13 10:11 AM
    Glad to see the phones are available, gives me more confidence for the US launch.
    02-10-13 11:47 AM
    There was no line up.. People who had pre ordered would walk in with their receipt and pick up their phones. I saw people get turned away because they had not pre ordered.
    At least 15 phones were sold during the time that I was in the store.
    The guy told me that the stock they received was less than the amount of pre orders that they have.
    All in all, I am very happy so far!

02-10-13 10:11 PM
    Did you get one?
    02-10-13 11:51 PM
    Yes I did. I had pre ordered mine the first day they opened up the pre ordering!
    Loving it so far.

02-10-13 11:56 PM
    I'd say this is strong evidence that the reason the phone isn't available in the US us because they haven't made enough. Poor execution. SMH
    02-11-13 01:01 AM
    or maybe its because the carriers havent finished testing yet.
    I have a feeling it is more likely from the carrier side as many of them have committed to a large amount of iphone 5 stock and probably would like to shift this.
    02-11-13 01:52 AM
    BlackBerry10 not available yet to UAE customers on launch day-img_00000095.jpg

Axiom Mall Of Emirates taken with my Z10. Was pretty packed and everyone was there for the Z10!
    W Hoa, illini2097 and q649 like this.
    02-11-13 05:47 AM
    thank you for
    02-11-13 06:23 AM
    I'd say this is strong evidence that the reason the phone isn't available in the US us because they haven't made enough. Poor execution. SMH
    Or you can say demand beat even Blackberries expectations to the point they can not even make the Z10 fast enough. This is a good problem to have. earning are going to surprise and the SP will rocket higher. Buy on any fake weakness. Use the shorts to buy cheap shares.
    02-11-13 06:51 AM
    Yes I did. I had pre ordered mine the first day they opened up the pre ordering!
    Loving it so far.

Congratulations. I hope it works great for you.
    02-11-13 07:07 AM

Please people. This is UAE's party. Let's not detract from that.
    02-11-13 07:11 AM
    This is great. I just hope when the earnings call come, we do see BB perform well. BB is surely trying to take things upward slowly eh?.
    02-11-13 07:19 AM
    My pre-ordered device arrived at Dad's workplace this morning. being in India I couldn't wait the extra week or so... Now I have the extra wait till this thursday before it arrives here... gonna be the most excruciating ever!

Congrats to all my fellow UAE (and international of course) Z10 owners! Let's rock and roll this!
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-11-13 07:24 AM
    ******. Is that a word?
    02-11-13 11:47 AM
    You guys also need to keep in mind that there are different variants of the Z10, so Canadian handsets cannot be diverted to the UAE or vice versa.I believe the principle is the same for the U.K. as well.
    02-11-13 01:07 PM
    This is why I bought a UK one on Dubbizle instead of waiting for Axiom, they kept making false promises.It started of on the 1st then pushed back to 4th then to 6th and then to the 10th and now still they are not selling it.I cancelled my Preorder and bought it online and have had the phone for 4 days now. I know most people wont want to pay the extra mark up people have priced it on Dubbizle but for me it was worth it.

For one I got the phone earlier and 2nd is I got it with LTE since its UK spec. that alone is worth it.

TBH I spoke with an axiom employee that I know and he confirmed to me that they do have the phones in stock but would not be able to sell them till the 10th.(this was like 4 days back) I have no idea why they haven't started today....
    how much did you pay for it?
    02-11-13 02:40 PM
54 123