Official distributor Axiom says they have not received stocks: BlackBerry10 not available yet to UAE customers on launch day - Emirates 24/7

�We have been receiving so many calls since morning from customers who had pre-booked the device by paying Dh200. But we have not received any stocks yet. We are still not sure when we would get supplies. We are only promising the customers to call back in a couple of days,� said one customer care executive.

'Emirates24|7' is awaiting official comment from BlackBerry officials in the UAE. The team is currently travelling to Kuwait for the launch of the BB10.

Slightly worrying about lack of execution here, will wait to see how this story develops but it doesn't make me feel confident for US launch as a shareholder.
    02-10-13 02:37 AM
    The only explanation for this is that sales in UK and Canada is beyond even the top end of BB's own expectations, and they had to divert supply away from UAE.
    02-10-13 02:44 AM
    I would expect them to ensure that the UAE would be a successful launch considering the love they have for BlackBerry devices and the disposable income they have. They even ramped up production earlier according to Misek but if its because they cannot meet demands, then that is not too bad but still a hindrance to sales. With Thorsten being the former COO, I was hoping he and Tear would ensure logistics for a global launch would be near perfect. The delay in the US has lowered my confidence and this would further dent it.

Will wait and see as this one develops
    02-10-13 03:02 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    Launch day in UAE was monday, no?
    02-10-13 03:13 AM
    I would expect them to ensure that the UAE would be a successful launch considering the love they have for BlackBerry devices and the disposable income they have. They even ramped up production earlier according to Misek but if its because they cannot meet demands, then that is not too bad but still a hindrance to sales. With Thorsten being the former COO, I was hoping he and Tear would ensure logistics for a global launch would be near perfect. The delay in the US has lowered my confidence and this would further dent it.

Will wait and see as this one develops
    Absolutely agree... I see this as a mixed news. It would be better if BB is able to ramp up the supply chain quick enough to meet this unexpected demand. The USA is not even live yet.

We will have to monitor this for the next few days. We already know demand is unprecedented in UK and Canada, but if they are able to supply UAE in a day or two, then credit should go to Tear and his team. If not, then they are executing no better than Nokia.
    02-10-13 03:15 AM
    Feb 10th by all accounts
    02-10-13 03:26 AM
    The only explanation for this is that sales in UK and Canada is beyond even the top end of BB's own expectations, and they had to divert supply away from UAE.
    LOL! Uh....I won't even address the absurd "the only explanation" line. :-)

If that is the reason, it certainly would show why BB can't launch in the US. If modest (by all accounts) sales in the UK and Canada have depleted all supply, then BB has some incredibly serious issues. I don't think (???) that could be the case.....that would point to....incompetence on a level I can't even fathom! Given the delays in launching in the first place, only being able to supply small numbers to the UK and Canada would be nothing short of complete failure for a "global" launch.

I am uncertain about the abilities of Heins and co. - they have a lot to prove and so far it's been a pretty mixed bag, but I still think you are doing them a disservice with your allegation.
    peter9477 likes this.
    02-10-13 03:52 AM
    I'm really disappointed!! I was planning on heading straight to the axiom store after work to pick up my Z10 (which I preordered the moment they opened up preordering). Guess I'll call them and try to get some more information about this
    02-10-13 04:17 AM
    Empathy for my friends in the UAE. I hope BBRY keeps their promise.
    02-10-13 04:22 AM
    Just got off the phone with the Axiom call center. He told me that the stock is available in their stores, they are just waiting for permission from BBRY to start selling them. He doesn't know why there is a delay. :s not very good news
    richardat and joe.miller like this.
    02-10-13 04:40 AM
    Did the shipment get robbed by pirates?
    02-10-13 05:24 AM
    This is why I bought a UK one on Dubbizle instead of waiting for Axiom, they kept making false promises.It started of on the 1st then pushed back to 4th then to 6th and then to the 10th and now still they are not selling it.I cancelled my Preorder and bought it online and have had the phone for 4 days now. I know most people wont want to pay the extra mark up people have priced it on Dubbizle but for me it was worth it.

For one I got the phone earlier and 2nd is I got it with LTE since its UK spec. that alone is worth it.

TBH I spoke with an axiom employee that I know and he confirmed to me that they do have the phones in stock but would not be able to sell them till the 10th.(this was like 4 days back) I have no idea why they haven't started today....
    02-10-13 05:44 AM
    Well I expect we'll have some answers soon, Kevin?
    02-10-13 05:52 AM
    Have you guys tried Du and Etisalat? They should be selling the phones as well right? Wouldn't hurt to give them a call to find out. If they are selling them then just cancel your axiom preorder and go get it from Du or Etisalat.
    sean0808 likes this.
    02-10-13 06:01 AM
    Axiom release the z10 on 4 Feb in Bahrain and on 5feb all our mobile company Zain,viva and batelco they offer z10 from axiom, so what is this means???? And I am the first one bought z10 from axiom store
    02-10-13 06:04 AM
    Have you guys tried Du and Etisalat? They should be selling the phones as well right? Wouldn't hurt to give them a call to find out. If they are selling them then just cancel your axiom preorder and go get it from Du or Etisalat.
    I'm going to try out etisalat. However, as far as I know Axiom is the official distributor of Blackberry in the UAE. So if they don't have it, no one does!
    I will check and report back later on in the day.
    02-10-13 06:37 AM
    Just received the following text: "Night launch of the BlackBerry Z10 at selected stores starting from 10 Feb at 10 pm onwards. Just visit Deira business center in Dubai, Abu Dhabi Main business center and Al Manakh business center in Sharjah and be the first to own the new BlackBerry Z10 Device with 50% discount on BlackBerry Unlimited for four months. Limited quantity available.To know more call 80077666.
    To stop receiving special promotions/offers from Etisalat through SMS, send "b etisalat" to 7726."
    02-10-13 06:45 AM
    . If modest (by all accounts) sales in the UK and Canada have depleted all supply,
    The accounts are all over the map
    02-10-13 06:49 AM
    Just received the following text: "Night launch of the BlackBerry Z10 at selected stores starting from 10 Feb at 10 pm onwards. Just visit Deira business center in Dubai, Abu Dhabi Main business center and Al Manakh business center in Sharjah and be the first to own the new BlackBerry Z10 Device with 50% discount on BlackBerry Unlimited for four months. Limited quantity available.To know more call 80077666.
    To stop receiving special promotions/offers from Etisalat through SMS, send "b etisalat" to 7726."
    There you go! so Etisalat should be selling them as of 10pm today.I would call or go to one of there outlets to confirm though.
    richardat and Superfly_FR like this.
    02-10-13 06:52 AM
    The accounts are all over the map
    Not really Rubber. All the accounts I heard, even the most optimistic, painted relatively small numbers available. I think I needn't tell you what kind of numbers you'd need to support even an expected- modest-numbers launch across the US. You can't actually be claiming that Canada and the UK could have sold through extra numbers that would have come close to depleting the stock a US launch would require to be reasonable!
    02-10-13 07:05 AM
    Not really Rubber. All the accounts I heard, even the most optimistic, painted relatively small numbers available.
    Here's a question for you: what does the typical store get of any phone line during a launch? I know the manufacturers scream ____ bagillion sold across our launch area and detractors will say, "they only got 3 in per store".

How many Samsungs, for example, would BEST BUY get per store typically at launch?

For example, the BEST BUY near me has had steady business of Z10s, with several dozen coming in every day and restocks happening throughout the day. The sales clerks said "it's been selling quite well".

I think I needn't tell you what kind of numbers you'd need to support even an expected- modest-numbers launch across the US. You can't actually be claiming that Canada and the UK could have sold through extra numbers that would have come close to depleting the stock a US launch would require to be reasonable!
    That wasn't what I was saying at all. I was simply stating that the 'accounts' are varying. Read these forums. Read the press articles. Some say "no one here". Others say, "brisk but not selling out." Some say, "hardly got any in". Others say, "got a good number in and they're moving". Others say, "sold out but replentished quickly". Others say "sold out".

Just didn't agree with the "modest by all accounts". The accounts are all over the map. I'll wait until March when they announce and then we'll know.
    Dapper37 likes this.
    02-10-13 07:13 AM
    LOL! Uh....I won't even address the absurd "the only explanation" line. :-)

If that is the reason, it certainly would show why BB can't launch in the US. If modest (by all accounts) sales in the UK and Canada have depleted all supply, then BB has some incredibly serious issues.
    Modest perhaps when compared to Apple or Samsung. Modest when compared to prior BlackBerry launches? Your misinformed. BlackBerry doesn't need to have Apple-like or Samsung-like launch numbers to be successful.
    KiLuMaNaTi likes this.
    02-10-13 07:16 AM
    Modest perhaps when compared to Apple or Samsung. Modest when compared to prior BlackBerry launches? Your misinformed. BlackBerry doesn't need to have Apple-like or Samsung-like launch numbers to be successful.
    Guess it comes down to people having different definitions. The guy I spoke to near Best Buy said that it was selling really well compared to other BlackBerrys, that it did much better than the Lumia's did at launch and that it was selling better than a lot of the Android models. It wasn't like iPhone mania, but they were getting stock in regularly and selling out stock regularly.
    Bbnivende likes this.
    02-10-13 07:28 AM
    I think BlackBerry even under estimated the sales. I can't blame them as how many years have they been sitting on PB stock and how much did they have to discount them to get rid of them. I'm sure they can pump up manufacturing of them but that takes a little time also.
    02-10-13 07:30 AM
    Ok axiom and Etisalat officially tweeted that z10 is available. Axiom is available now while Etisalat is open for sale as of 10pm. Happy shopping

Posted using CrackBerry App on BB10
    Last edited by Arthoris; 02-11-13 at 04:59 AM.
    02-10-13 08:03 AM
54 123