So b!tch about specs all you want, it doesn't change the fact that the BB10 L-series will be a premium device with a polished, fluid, and UNIQUE experience
    You are basing all of this off of what? Have you ever used BlackBerry 10?

PlayBook seemed really polished and fluid before it launched also. Remember all of the hype that surrounded the PlayBook back then? Every single video we saw made it look better and better. Then it launched and it wasn't really all that fluid or polished. Who knows what BlackBerry 10 will be like when it launches? Getting your hopes too far up is an invitation for disappointment.

Your other claim that BlackBerry 10 will some how be a "UNIQUE" experience is only applicable if you have never used MeeGo. If you haven't heard about MeeGo or its successor that is being called Jolla, I suggest you do some research. RIM borrowed heavily from MeeGo. So much so that it makes the "PlayBook copied WebOS" claims seem minor in comparison. A lawsuit wouldn't be surprising at all based on how much they borrowed. But maybe you mean unique in other ways besides user interface.

EDIT

Here I'll save you a trip to Google.

http://www.nok4us.com/2012/09/rim-sh...-inspired.html
    12-14-12 11:31 AM
    And yet they do. That's my point! I personally have never once said that the experience on BlackBerry 10 wouldn't be good. NOT ONCE. I've also never said you have to have the best specs for a device to run good. All I have said is that the specs are outdated and they are. Reviewers, sales reps, tech savvy consumers will all see that the hardware is old and that will influence people's buying decisions. Right or wrong, specs do matter to people. Everything else equal, isn't better hardware always a good thing?
    Ten bucks says you walk up to the average cell phone user with the latest quad core phone and 4 GB of RAM and ask them how many bytes a giga byte is and they wont know. Ask them what the advantages of a quad core are versus a single core and they'll have no idea. Thats even if they have any idea what is in their phone.

Crazy spec's dont guarantee a good user experience any more than sub par spec's guarantee a poor user experience.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-14-12 11:59 AM
    That is laughable actually. The same people who couldnt tell the difference between the screen of BB10 from Meego are the same people who mistake an iphone for a GSIII. IMO they look nothing alike.

And Nokia owns "how you can easily set your alarm by just moving the hands on the clock" ? ROFL

Horrible examples.
    12-14-12 12:05 PM
    So you don't see the resemblance?
    12-14-12 12:17 PM
    RIM shows off its MeeGo inspired BlackBerry10 OS ~ Nokia For Us[/url]

Ah my mistake, how could I have possibly forgotten, given how many Meego smartphones I see on a daily basis. They're practically ubiquitous.

Uneducated is one thing I am not, my friend. I've followed Jolla's sailfish OS fairly extensively. BB10 is unique, in that no one gives a $hit about Meego when you're talking about the 3-4 major Mobile OS players.
    12-14-12 12:21 PM
    The comparison is weaker than the resemblance between iOS and Android in that it's an application grid, with some of the logos looking similar. You might as well say every multitouch interface smartphone is a rip off of 2007's iOS.
    12-14-12 12:23 PM
    BB10 is unique, in that no one gives a $hit about Meego when you're talking about the 3-4 major Mobile OS players.
    So using your logic, BlackBerry 10 would still be unique if RIM had copied any other failed product instead of MeeGo. Ah got it.
    12-14-12 12:28 PM
    The Astonishing Tribe, aka TAT, had a lot of input into the making of Meego, an open source OS project, prior to being purchased by RIM. So how is Nokia going to sue over Meego?
    12-14-12 12:59 PM
    So using your logic, BlackBerry 10 would still be unique if RIM had copied any other failed product instead of MeeGo. Ah got it.
    Your vague inference that BB10 is "a copy of Meego" is absurd in more ways than one.
    12-14-12 01:02 PM
    The Astonishing Tribe, aka TAT, had a lot of input into the making of Meego, an open source OS project, prior to being purchased by RIM. So how is Nokia going to sue over Meego?
    This is also a lucrative point on this topic.
    12-14-12 01:03 PM
    Meego resembles BB10 in the same way a Ford truck resembles a Chevy.
    12-14-12 01:22 PM
    I actually agree with u Saiga in that I do believe it's easy to see that a good amount was borrowed from Meego and used in BB10. I wouldn't say they are in danger of being sued or anything but it's noticeable. I will though I can't necessarily agree with your earlier statement that the L series is a low end device though. U are correct that using a S4 dual core isn't exactly cutting edge anymore but even though I do think specs matter, I think it's safe to say that the experience is definitely more important, and Apple has proved this as it's arguably the smoothest OS out there.

My personal opinion, I believe the S4 is still a great processor and even though there are low end devices using it, that shouldn't take away from the L series because there are still many recent devices still coming out with that processor. I'd say it's definitely mid tier and I'm hoping they price it accordingly. It's up to RIM to make sure RIM can provide that experience with BB10 now and I think even though they're not using the latest and greatest processor in their first devices, I think if they can get it just as smooth as IOS or even close to it, imagine with they'll be able to do on that new S4 quad core processor
    12-14-12 02:19 PM
    do people here honestly think the average consumer doesnt use blackberry because of the low end specs?
    that is fantasy. ask people and i guarantee the popular answer will involve user experience.
    bb10 is an improvement and the only way to show that to the majority of consumers is to tempt them to try it with cheaper devices. that means lower specs.
    honestly it would have been a disaster if rim launched the aristo first instead of the london. it could still be a disaster if rim decides that their prices for the london should match the s3.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9810 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 01:08 AM
    Now how exactly would a quad-core processor and 2GB of ram hurt sales? It wouldn't, the user experience would only be improved with current hardware and people would be able to say "great hardware and great software". People keep proclaiming optimization is key, well why can't an OS be optimized using better hardware? One less reason for people not to buy a BlackBerry 10 device is a always a good thing in my opinion.
    The crucial points are that it does not need a quad-core, those quad-cores are also in short supply as seen by the n4 debacle, Rim need to maxmise their profits so have to balance costs with specs and holding off on a quad-core would also minimise the tendency of their coders to get lazy which is important when the next batch of devices after the l and n-series are likely to be lower end models.

On the other hand, going for 2GB on the launch devices would actually be a good move on their part, it would not suffer from the same supply issues and would immediately improve the bb10 experience, especially since they make a big deal about how good it is at multitasking and would also give them a bit more breathing space when it came to optimised apps, which not all 3rd party apps might be right from the outset.

Rim stayed well away from the Android market precisely because they could not compete purely on specs and the idea that their only hope with bb10 is to do just that is totally wrong and going down that route would be a huge mistake for them. The important thing for them is to use the right specs, going higher in areas where it will make more difference to the overall experience such as that great screen and so on.
    12-18-12 05:17 AM
    Maybe a little insight to this argument.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...imilar-758314/
    12-18-12 05:42 AM
    Did you not read what Saiga wrote above?
    12-18-12 12:19 PM
    Are you joking that on 4.2 you have to open individual email apps and messages to read all your notifications? Theres not even an option for universal inbox?
    My 4.0 HTC One V has all the emails together, or separate at the touch of the screen, however you want it. You definitely do not need to open multiple apps. Yes, multitasking is better but hardly way better on my PB.I can keep more recently opened apps just a button away, compared with fumbling for icons on my PB after it arbitrarily closes apps when I have too many open.
    12-18-12 05:54 PM
    For notifications no, to actually see those messages in one place yes you have to go to different apps. ... That's one thing I missed about BB. One inbox and notifications being rock solid. I would love to have a static message counter.
    Wrong. They are all available in one spot.
    12-18-12 05:57 PM
    for those of you saying android needs high end specs to run well, my motorola defy runs ICS perfectly well on a 1.2 ghz single core. no doubt when my nexus 4 arrives i will see a significant increase in power but hey specs aren't everything.

iphone 5 seems to cope perfectly well with a 1.3ghz processor in the high end so i dont see how bb10 wouldnt be able to as well.

now for the reason im actually on crackberry, i carry round a lowend curve on payg for messages, email and bbm. i want bb10 but lowend. i dont want a full touch bb cos i only use them for their awesome keyboard. so please rim release a bb10 lowend with keyboard

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    12-18-12 07:15 PM
69 123