Good specs. Belt placement makes it unusable. How do you hold it and get your thumb on the trackpad? Nice try.
    Depending on when it's released. I like the specs right now and maybe next Christmas, one and half year would be stretching a little bit, two years would be an disappointment.

Agree with your comments on the location of the belt, the swipe-up gesture experience is compromised. What a bumpy way to peek or go into HUB?
    Track pad still has the best copy and paste in my mind. It's also handy for clicking on small things on the browser. I miss the track pad when I'm trying to click something and it keeps hitting above or below lol

Swordsmanship Channel C000C9AF6
    The copy and paste experience with the latest 10.2.1.x has been improved vastly comparing to 10.0.0.x. Most of the time when you touch the sentence you want to copy, it automatically selects what you want already and no need to fine tune the location of the two cursors. And in the rare scenarios when you do need to modify your selection or change the location of your cursor, it was very easy to do so with those enlarged circles.

Track pad works pretty good too until it breaks, or gets dirty. I would say that, maybe track pad is a step-up feature comparing to iOS and Android devices, but I don't miss it at all on BB10.

To each their own.
    Mecca EL and Blacklatino like this.
    03-01-14 10:12 AM
    Very nice concept design. I think it would draw people over to BlackBerry and get others to upgrade. Until there is solid information about releasing this phone its all speculation of course.

Posted from my Z10 via CB
    03-01-14 11:32 AM

Five heart rating
    03-01-14 12:27 PM
    Nice! Thanks for the effort.

Posted via CB10
    03-01-14 07:01 PM
    Depending on when it's released. I like the specs right now and maybe next Christmas, one and half year would be stretching a little bit, two years would be an disappointment.

Agree with your comments on the location of the belt, the swipe-up gesture experience is compromised. What a bumpy way to peek or go into HUB?

The copy and paste experience with the latest 10.2.1.x has been improved vastly comparing to 10.0.0.x. Most of the time when you touch the sentence you want to copy, it automatically selects what you want already and no need to fine tune the location of the two cursors. And in the rare scenarios when you do need to modify your selection or change the location of your cursor, it was very easy to do so with those enlarged circles.

Track pad works pretty good too until it breaks, or gets dirty. I would say that, maybe track pad is a step-up feature comparing to iOS and Android devices, but I don't miss it at all on BB10.

To each their own.
    Copy and paste is definitely better in 10.2.1, but I still find selecting text is difficult. Bigger tabs would make it easier.

Posted using my Z10 via CB10
    03-01-14 10:34 PM
    You should give credit to the original concepts you took apart to build this Franken concept. Hint Hint.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    03-02-14 12:10 AM
    Need 128 gb 32 is too less

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:17 AM
    Like your effort. Here is the problem. Sure it has the belt keys the problem is all these phone designs look basically the same. How do you differentiate a blackberry and still make it very useable and unique. I dont see the belt on a touch screen phone its a waste of space and electronics. The belt works for the keyboard because thats what people are use to. Something with different edging or different corners something unique. All these designs from different manufacturers look the same too. Someone have some vision and look forward a bit. I appreciate the effort just think we arent reaching far enough into the future.
    03-02-14 12:21 AM
    Would be difficult to use the track pad with the thumb as it's right at the bottom of the phone.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:03 AM
    Nicely designed. It's proof you can have trackpad at no cost to screen size. Well some people knew that. It's common sense!!

I don't understand why it's non removable battery.I know it charges wirelessly.what are we suppose to do with the phone when battery dies? Do not follow Apple practice! All BlackBerry should have removable battery.

Also It's common sense with bigger phone for some people to use gestures you may have to hold the phone in hand and use the other hand. Same goes for trackpad. Most people have no problem with it. Trend is bigger screens we are used to it. 5 inch is ideal.

Let's built this machine to BlackBerry standards for flawless experience. Improve every way on its predecessor. Do not take out features.

Recently the memory capacity of Micro Sd card has been bumped up to 128 GB. Let's make all new BlackBerry compatible with 128 GB micro Sd card. Update to all wireless technology and battery life & camera quality is step forward.

BlackBerry Lead

Do not Follow

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 05:57 AM
    Nice work, I would remove the trackpad since its a full touchscreen.
    03-02-14 09:54 AM
    Definitely very desirable specs.
    03-02-14 10:30 AM
    20MP camera!!!

You do realize that physics places limits on physical objects? You can only make a lens so small and then the image quality suffers if you try to take huge pictures with it, also on a tiny 20MP camera a speck of dust is like the size of a bus. Plus trying to take in enough light to make an image that large, you have to shoot under sunlight, evening and indoor pictures would be very grainy and of poor quality.

All you need is 8MP to make up to 12 inch prints and more than cover an HD screen. The color, contrast, dynamic range and lack of digital noise would be superior also.

Dynamic range is better if you have a smaller number of large pixels, than an enormous number of tiny pixels. With tiny pixels you get blown highlights (washed out bright areas that have turned to pure white). Also you get better shadow detail with larger pixels, instead of crushed dark areas that have turned to all black.
    03-02-14 12:05 PM
    Take my money
    03-02-14 01:54 PM
    exactly... the trackpad is good for QWERTY devices.
    03-02-14 03:55 PM
    That's all, I found it from N4BB site. N4BB does seem to have better news channel, and the comments on the page are pretty interesting too.
    You should give credit to the original concepts you took apart to build this Franken concept. Hint Hint.
    More credit than what s/he said above?
    Blacklatino likes this.
    03-02-14 05:04 PM
    LOVE IT!!!

Posted using my Z10
    03-02-14 05:33 PM
    Why do people keep saying the track pad/tool belt at the bottom renders it unusable?

The storms, torch 9850, etc. weren't *that* long ago... and they were 'usable'.

BlackBerry Z60c Concept Phone-img_20140302_183856.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, xBURK, mcolton73 and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 05:41 PM
    More credit than what s/he said above?
    No Source links provided by OP. As well as no credit given to the original Concept designers, or concepts that were taken apart to make that render.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:08 PM
    No Source links provided by OP. As well as no credit given to the original Concept designers, or concepts that were taken apart to make that render.

Posted via CB10
    The guy is just trying to bring us a concept. I don't think jumping on him like that is necessary. He stated he got it from N4BB.

Blacklatino and xBURK like this.
    03-02-14 06:56 PM
    The guy is just trying to bring us a concept. I don't think jumping on him like that is necessary. He stated he got it from N4BB.

My apologies if my statements were misinterpreted. My intentions are purely for sources, and since none have been given, it was simply requested.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 07:49 PM
    concepts are stupid. Let the leaks come from BlackBerry and I'd like to things kept official.
    03-02-14 08:20 PM
    I'd like to things kept official.
    I have no idea what that means.

Blacklatino likes this.
    03-02-14 09:34 PM
    That's sexy!

Keep The Faith ? BlackBerry Q10 ?
    03-02-14 09:49 PM
    I think the belt is a good idea to get the people who think BB10 devices are too much of a departure from BB7.
    The Q10 coming back in record numbers shows that people don't have patience to learn. Sad, but this is what BlackBerry is up against.
    Keep the belt for a few years and then revisit the idea down the road. If they don't, there will be no road.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 09:49 PM
60 123