No one uses geek bench except people who post on tech forums and fan sites.

Secondly the ram in the note 3 is also useful for having a video and webpage or power point, or anything else you want running at the same time. Not to mention the spen features can run simultaneously. The ram is an integral part of the design and build not just a gimmick.
    Until the iphone does that its not an accurate comparison. Only their prices are comparable and thats for an entry level iphone5s and and fully featured note 3 with more built in memory and the ability to expand.

I wish people would stop comparing the two as if theyre in the same category.

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love on crackberry than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-18-13 02:02 PM
    There will be better threads to make this observation. But apart from that, I already had the same thought.
    Sadly.....

Posted via CB10
    I for one am going to champion the Z50 and have always said while the 720p was fine it was the wrong move because better or not 1080p is what the market wants and that is what BlackBerry should be catering too.
    11-18-13 02:02 PM
    No more Z10 size?
    11-18-13 02:07 PM
    BlackBerry 10 Can Run iOS Apps Using iOS App Player | The Gadget Masters

Google does not mind because really don't think they can being a open source platform. The one glaring issue with a open source platform is that they can be many cooks in the kitchen and can't be locked down like apple.

Just find it interesting that they have these app players for both platforms and can only use one, but in doing so get black listed for having it. Would much rather use the blackberry native apps for sure but kinda neat to be able to run all of them.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    Do not confuse Android with the Android Open Source Project (AOSP). Google allows vendors to tweak and modify Android to their liking as far as I know, but, it is still controlled and maintained by Google for the most part at the core, which violates open-source policy. Also according to open-source liscening agreements, any vendor that modifies or adds to kernel must also make that code available on the open-source "market". And who does that? Besides, Google (Android) left the AOSP a few years ago and to my knowledge true AOSP OS cannot run on certain hardware such as Qualcomm processors and other proprietary property. For the most part, this is not really Google's fault as I honestly believe that Google would love for Android to be a true open source OS, but in reality it is not Google's call: it is really all of the patents in telephony that make it impossible to include necessary drivers for proprietary hardware, and thus be truly open-source. Ubuntu, Sailfish, and Firefox will face this, too.

I personally believe in open-source, been a long-time Linux "user", and really got into what Google had in mind with not only Android but also Nexus. They had big plans to shake-up the cellular business in the U.S., but major U.S. carriers-even though initially on board-put a stop that and forced Google's hand. I guess it is hard to Do No Evil when all most people see are dollar signs.

Besides, Google makes its money from collecting user data and selling it. Or using it for direct advertising. The more phones they can get their services on, the better for them.
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 11-18-13 at 03:12 PM. Reason: typos typos typos
    11-18-13 03:09 PM
    No more Z10 size?
    I personally won't miss it. I'd rather have the Z30's screen. the market just is not interested in smal screens anymore.
    11-18-13 03:37 PM
    Everybody is shooting down the qnx software by saying so what if it works fine on dual core or 2 GB of ram, but what they are all missing is the fact it is running a os plus another os runtime on top of that with those specs and it runs smooth and fine. Samsung or apple is not doing that, either they are able to or not. When another company is able to make the equivilant of two os run on their hardware and not stutter then you can boast all you like, until then nothing else compares.

And yes, qnx was also able to have a apple runtime work as well, just not able to use it over licensing.

Food for thought.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    That is not exactly correct. QNX works like a spoke and hub system that requires the spoke or action to run in a protected space outside the microkernel. It is a very compact and realtime time OS>
    axeman1000 likes this.
    11-18-13 04:29 PM
    We will definitely see new devices...
    The question is if it will be a Z50 or Q30 and the big big question is when/or will it be soon enough?

But it looks like we will see a C Series, maybe a Z5? That's more likely for now...
    Maybe priced below 300usd...I guess.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 04:38 PM
    Way too early in the new CEO's reign to believe any kind of rumor. Even their preferred toilet paper provider should not be believed. This new CEO is going to pour over this company from top to bottom, decide who & what stays or goes before anything underway apart from OS updates gets green lit.

Give him a month or so and then things will start to move and fairly quickly.

Device wise we are likely two - three months away from legitimate rumors IMHO.

Given Chen's approach he will not settle for being second best with anything. So the days of lagging specs/designs and missing ship deadlines are DOA. BB is not going to aim low and lag the market nor will they miss another date on anything if Chen gets his way. So while it may take some time to get the roadmap laid out expect a much more aggressive approach in any sector he decides to support.

If they do devices versus license BB10 it will be to beat the likes GS4, 5s, LG G2, Nexus 5 (some elements) etc not the Moto G or Lumina 520. It is unlikely he will race to the bottom of the mass market smartphone sector using older tech and cheap materials. That space is decidedly consumer only and they don't need most of what BB is about.

Enterprise and Prosumer, should that stick as a strategy, will be about being the Apple of Enterprise. End to end products and services that make no compromises on quality, technical leadership, performance and integration. $79 BBs made of plastic are likely not in the cards.

How many bond traders want a plastic BB with a low res screen and reduced specs? My guess is zero. Work phones do not equal tech laggard phones. A person who is getting $400-500K bonuses at year end wants a BB with best in class build and specs.

BB should take a page from T-Mobile's play book and try to disrupt the industry. Amazing tech at sane prices coupled with powerful & relentless marketing . TMO is proving a firm can change its fortunes with aggressive moves that many said could not be done.

To wit - BB new slogan should be

Blackberry - Make No Compromises
    I agree with you in reference to Chens analysis. I think he is examining everything. Although, I believe BB no longer has the talent, money, or time to make a handset that would exceed the competitors specs. IMO he will come to this conclusion. Hope I'm wrong.
    11-18-13 04:39 PM
    No more Z10 size?
    I'm with you. I love my Z10 and hope my next phone will be a Z10. Perfect size for me.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:42 PM
    Just taking too long to launch! What do we do in the mean time??

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 05:57 PM
    Other 0.00001% of the geek population no one on this cares about processing after you get buy a basic dual core, old snapdragon.

The octo core crap, just marketing for the niche geeks.

Blackberry is smart using older cores, no one cares.

Posted via CB10

* sarcasm mode- ON *

Yes yes!
    Ho damn yes !! You said it !
    Marketing baby!
    You know...that thing BlackBerry absolutely $ucks at and is 50% ( imo) the reason why bb10 is not selling like it should ?

Yes baby! Let's spit on Samsung's marketing team and call all their brilliant decisions we all secretly wish BlackBerry had done first, "just marketing ".

*sarcasm mode- OFF*

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 06:45 PM
    Sorry, but BB10 is not optimized for landscape viewing. How will apps work in landscape mode?

There is a God if they give us a landscape slider next year.
    11-18-13 08:51 PM
    Here is excerpt from the article: Two rumored handsets are both BlackBerry models. The BlackBerry Z50 will allegedly become the new flagship model for the Canadian manufacturer sporting a 5.2 inch screen with resolution of 1080 x 1920, and a quad-core processor. This phone is rumored to be the first BlackBerry model out of the gate in Q3 of 2014. Lastly, the BlackBerry Q30 will be a flagship QWERTY equipped model for BlackBerry. The BlackBerry Q30 is expected to arrive in the second quarter of 2014. If all this is true, it sounds like new CEO John Chen is not going to let BlackBerry go down without a fight.

Source: Latest handset rumors: octa-core powered Huawei Glory 4, BlackBerry Z50 and Q30

9000 ----> 9800 ------> 9900----- > Z10
    Kenneth Moore, BlackBerry’s territory sales manager for the Caribbean said in the Sunday, November 10, 2013 article about the Z30 coming to the Caribbeans; "There are more BlackBerry models to hit the market in the new year. “It is important that we have a strong brand identity; the BlackBerry is still the best tool to stay connected,” according to Moore. And despite the beating that BlackBerry gets from the American press at times, Moore said the launch of the Z30 has shown that the company continues to be innovative and is her to stay."

I like this talk of a The BlackBerry� Z50...!
    OP; Thanks for the post.
    11-18-13 09:54 PM
    i dont see how next bb10 devices will sell anymore than the first set of bb10 devices...i love bb but i think the reputation has taken too much of a hit...its too hard to recover.
    11-18-13 10:12 PM
    Come on BlackBerry. Keeps those Z50 leaks coming. Pics, vids, text. Whatever you got. You've convinced me to pass on the Z30 in anticipation of this Z50 beast of a device.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-21-13 12:41 AM
    The Q10 is so perfect for me, I can't even begin to imagine how great the Q30 will be. And the Z50 too.

It's been too long since we've heard some BlackBerry device rumors. It feels good. Leaked pictures sometime soon would be even better
    Bonnie Bonzai and BroncoVAL like this.
    11-21-13 01:10 AM
    this pisses me OFF. i was so hyped to get a Q10 next month. my 9930 is on its last leg and i need a new phone. No way in the world i get a Q10 knowing an even better version is on its way next year. Now i have even longer to wait. I know these are rumors but do they say when they are expected to be released. Q1, 2, 3, or 4?
    11-21-13 02:04 AM
    this pisses me OFF. i was so hyped to get a Q10 next month. my 9930 is on its last leg and i need a new phone. No way in the world i get a Q10 knowing an even better version is on its way next year. Now i have even longer to wait. I know these are rumors but do they say when they are expected to be released. Q1, 2, 3, or 4?
    OK so you did say your not getting a Q10 now. But you didn't say your not, not getting a Q5. It's a pretty sweet looking device and I prefer the typing experience over the Q5. Better spaced.

So get yourself one and get familiar with the BB10 OS goodness. So you'll know your way around when the Q30 hits.

I have had my Z10 for close to a year now and there's still so much for me to master with this beauty.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-21-13 02:37 AM
    Oh... I'm lovin' the Z30, but in the same breath... I'M GETTIN' THE Z50!!!
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    11-21-13 04:31 AM
    Yeah, a company releasing products just grinds my gears. Like why can't they make one thing when I need it and not make it obsolete a year later?

You don't have to wait if you don't want to. With your logic, you shouldn't get the Q30 cause your holding out for the Q100.

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    11-21-13 07:24 AM
    I was at Walmart and see 50 phones on display (40 of them just junk) not one BlackBerry. Go to verizon and ask for a BlackBerry they tell you that you don't want one. How the heck does BlackBerry pull out of a hole were their phone isn't even one (1) on a list if fifty displayed in America biggest retailers shelves.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 09:57 AM
    Q30 or Q50 or whatever that comes out ftw!
    11-24-13 10:56 AM
    The grapevine I was hanging out at yesterday indicates that "a" new device is in the works. Did not indicate multiples. Absolutely no other details were hinted at.

I get the feeling that no buzz yet because I figure the plug could be pulled any time

CB10'n it via da Z
    11-24-13 11:03 AM
    Q30 looks very interesting to me!

Posted via CB10
    11-24-13 01:16 PM
    I was at Walmart and see 50 phones on display (40 of them just junk) not one BlackBerry. Go to verizon and ask for a BlackBerry they tell you that you don't want one. How the heck does BlackBerry pull out of a hole were their phone isn't even one (1) on a list if fifty displayed in America biggest retailers shelves.

Posted via CB10
    Can BlackBerry prosper based on their markets in the UK, Europe, Middle East, Africa, India, Indonesia, Canada, Mexico and South America ? Maybe.
    11-27-13 07:11 PM
156 ... 4567