wow just took at a look at that forum post and specs on that are unreal.....hopefully its real
    11-18-13 07:44 AM
    Exactly this is the Point.

But only the "0,00001% geek population " knows that BB10 don't need Quad core to run smoothly. The Major Population think the more Cores the better. I know BB10 don't need Quad core but if BlackBerry use the newest CPU the Media will write about BlackBerry that they release A High End Smartphone with best Hardware. This is Marketing.

Why ppl buy an Porsche if there is Tempo limit?
    ( ok except we Germans :-))

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    I'll add another point:
    If BlackBerry10 doesn't need quadcores and high-end GPUs, why the hell aren't they selling their devices cheaper than what Samsung or HTC demands for "an equally performing device"?

If BB10 is so ressource friendly, why not undercut the competition significantly, instead of sitting on 1 billion $ of unsold Z10 inventory?
    (I know that BlackBerry lowered the price after the write-down, but it shows just how much they wrongly anticipated the demand for their products and the Z10 is by far not cheap enough right now)

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 07:48 AM
    I agree.
    But with everything going on in BBRY that would be a stretch.
    I however think it can be done. The OS is now more well ahead and will only need tweaks from here on (as opposed to new builds) plus they do seem to be on top of that these days. So more focus on hardware is possible to bring them to market sooner.
    My advice would be to make them more premium in build to further differentiate. If they can avoid making them in large amounts to avoid write downs they will be fine.
    11-18-13 07:51 AM
    So that would be between Q1 2015 and never for USA?

If true, this is becoming an absolute joke. BB, You want me to believe that it took you 1 year to put in a bigger screen and different processor? How else would you like to prove your incompetence?
    Apple does this every year, a year between a "retnal"display and case color.

BlackBerry forever, haters never!
    11-18-13 07:51 AM
    Everybody is shooting down the qnx software by saying so what if it works fine on dual core or 2 GB of ram, but what they are all missing is the fact it is running a os plus another os runtime on top of that with those specs and it runs smooth and fine. Samsung or apple is not doing that, either they are able to or not. When another company is able to make the equivilant of two os run on their hardware and not stutter then you can boast all you like, until then nothing else compares.

And yes, qnx was also able to have a apple runtime work as well, just not able to use it over licensing.

Food for thought.

11-18-13 07:57 AM
    Other 0.00001% of the geek population no one on this cares about processing after you get buy a basic dual core, old snapdragon.

The octo core crap, just marketing for the niche geeks.

Blackberry is smart using older cores, no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    Mikey people are actually buying into the hardware race. Are you surprised that BlackBerry is rumoured to go quad-core in 2014?

Posted via the Super BlackBerry Z10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-18-13 08:33 AM
    I'll add another point:
    If BlackBerry10 doesn't need quadcores and high-end GPUs, why the hell aren't they selling their devices cheaper than what Samsung or HTC demands for "an equally performing device"?

If BB10 is so ressource friendly, why not undercut the competition significantly, instead of sitting on 1 billion $ of unsold Z10 inventory?
    (I know that BlackBerry lowered the price after the write-down, but it shows just how much they wrongly anticipated the demand for their products and the Z10 is by far not cheap enough right now)

Posted via CB10
    They can't sell the phone cheaper because BlackBerry have a Hardware Division which make the Manufacturing of BlackBerry Smartphone expensive. The Z10 was designed in Germany Bochum. The salaries are very high here. Apple and Co Manufacturing the Hardware in China etc and they can save Money. The Manufacturing of iPhone 5 was cheaper than Z10 but the Build quality is far better than Z10.

LWKING likes this.
    11-18-13 08:38 AM
    Oh, awesome, love to see them both in action and in my hands hehe Now that is what I call some serious Action taken by the CEO.
    11-18-13 08:49 AM
    They can't sell the phone cheaper because BlackBerry have a Hardware Division which make the Manufacturing of BlackBerry Smartphone expensive. The Z10 was designed in Germany Bochum.
    And Apple "designs" their hardware in California.
    I doubt that the salaries are that much worse there...

Apple and Co Manufacturing the Hardware in China etc and they can save Money. The Manufacturing of iPhone 5 was cheaper than Z10 but the Build quality is far better than Z10.

Now this is another point all together, but then a very simple question arises:
    Isn't BlackBerry uncompetitive then?
    If they aren't able to provide what other manufacturers provide for the same price, while not selling enough units to even break even with their operating costs even though they laid off more than half of their workforce...
    What does that tell us?

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-18-13 09:05 AM
    Now, play close attention to the people who are praising the Z50.

Almost certainly, these are the same people who were saying that 1080p is unnecessary ("you can't see the difference") and drains resources and that quad-core processor is for the "laggy" Android and not needed at all on BB10.
    Stephen Cooper and lennyvolvo like this.
    11-18-13 09:09 AM
    Honestly, I think I am going to stick to the BlackBerry Q10

The design is much better that the Q30! Can you imagine pushing all the buttons at the top with your thumb on that tall screen? Yes it is a rumor but I think the Q10 looks wise looks much better

The Problem with blackberry is they don't advertise! I think yesterday was the first time I saw an advert done by blackberry for the q10 and z10 on TV! The other times it has been Vodacom or Cell C advertising them!

Everyone knows that you can't get all the basic apps that everyone uses on BlackBerry 10 (Pinterest and Instagram etc) I'm not talking about side loading because that's not the way it should be! We should just be able to open app world and all the apps what we want are there ready to download!

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 09:13 AM
    Now, play close attention to the people who are praising the Z50.

Almost certainly, these are the same people who were saying that 1080p is unnecessary ("you can't see the difference") and drains resources and that quad-core processor is for the "laggy" Android and not needed at all on BB10.
    There will be better threads to make this observation. But apart from that, I already had the same thought.
    Sadly.....

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    11-18-13 09:14 AM
    Here's hoping the Z50 has a removable battery option. Does anyone care to guess if it will be a AMOLED or IPS LCD screen.

Posted via a ZeDex
    11-18-13 09:33 AM
    Z50!?!? too big...make a Z15 instead

Supercharge the Z10 with quad processor, improved cameras, 32GB storage, Miracast, USB, FM Radio and a 3000mAH battery!!
    geenaxion likes this.
    11-18-13 10:02 AM

And yes, qnx was also able to have a apple runtime work as well, just not able to use it over licensing.

Food for thought.

If this is true, I would imagine someone is working on a hack. Or will be now very shortly.

Look at Apple; when Apple went Intel, very soon afterwards someone said Hmmm....Intel is "PC", so therefore you should be able to run Windows on a Mac. And they were right. Of course this was before "dual-booting" was "announced" (put into quotation marks because I do not recall Apple ever officially announcing this capability and Boot Camp was not released until after the first wave of Intel Macs were on the market and Windows-on-Mac was done before Boot Camp). Then, someone said Hmmm...Intel is "PC", so therefore OSX must now be written for x86 architecture and no longer the (Power)RISC architecture. You should be able to run OSX on any PC. And they were right, well, for the most part as Hackintosh's require certain hardware.

Believe me; if you can run Apple apps on a BlackBerry, someone is doing it somewhere. I mean, hackers gonna hack, yo.

To be honest, I'd rather run a side-loaded iOS app than an Android app. But I imagine Apple would sue BlackBerry for even allowing the capability. Something tells me Google does not mind...
    Last edited by crucial bbq; 11-18-13 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Expanded on the Windows hack
    11-18-13 10:12 AM
    I think i'll hang on to my Z10, and wait for a Z50.

Keepin' it Chill Z10
    11-18-13 10:23 AM
    Pretty content with my z30...(this thing is awesome!) but the z50 sounds interesting...

Posted via my Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1055
    Likewise +1.. I can't believe just how good the Z30 is.
    I picked up a Nokia 1020 for my wife yesterday and the Z30 is much better overall. OK the camera isn't, but to be honest, I don't use my phone for a camera anyway.
    11-18-13 10:27 AM
    iOS is a close platform and Apple protects it and does not release runtimes like Android does.

Apple loves to sue.... and I'm pretty sure any "runtime" would need to be integrated into BB10 for it to really work.
    11-18-13 10:27 AM
    Quad core is plentiful already. Octa core is plain bull.

How many of the software writer will actually utilize all four cores? Chances are they write it mostly with the least cores required. However, they should have 2 separate cpu will be make more sense. For wifi blue tooth camera functions.. will make the phone more efficient and fast

Also I rather BlackBerry focus more on apps, especially native.

I got the best experience with native BlackBerry 10 apps.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:28 AM
    Z50 for me , would love to see a better camera maybe a 32-64GB phone i like the 5.2' screen idea with 1080x1920 looks like an amazing smartphone #TeamBB
    11-18-13 11:34 AM
    Guys Whtever anyone wants to say so be it the fact is n always will remain BlackBerry may be slow but soon v soon android is fading n Ya it's fading slowly.
    These ppl with galaxy a s4 and s5 and s6 r all gng to soon realize tht it's only packaging difference n the ingrdeints are all the same. If BlackBerry would market their products like samsung or iPhone did belive me even today there would be lines of awaiting to get hold of thier bb. Come Wht may BlackBerry is here to stay n stay it will.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 11:43 AM
    Here is excerpt from the article: Two rumored handsets are both BlackBerry models. The BlackBerry Z50 will allegedly become the new flagship model for the Canadian manufacturer sporting a 5.2 inch screen with resolution of 1080 x 1920, and a quad-core processor. This phone is rumored to be the first BlackBerry model out of the gate in Q3 of 2014. Lastly, the BlackBerry Q30 will be a flagship QWERTY equipped model for BlackBerry. The BlackBerry Q30 is expected to arrive in the second quarter of 2014. If all this is true, it sounds like new CEO John Chen is not going to let BlackBerry go down without a fight.

Source: Latest handset rumors: octa-core powered Huawei Glory 4, BlackBerry Z50 and Q30

9000 ----> 9800 ------> 9900----- > Z10
    BlackBerry Z50 and BlackBerry Q30 buzz.-pop.jpg
    11-18-13 11:56 AM
    cores don't matter...the iPhone 5S has blazing fast speeds on a 1.4Ghz dual-core.....if you check Geekbench scores on 5S vs Note III...you'll see the difference between them is just in the 200-300 point range.....1.4Ghz Dual-core versus 2.3Ghz Quadcore (didn't count the Octacore version in this example) and....also the iPhone has 1GB RAM vs the Note III's 3GB RAM.....you'd think there would be more than just a couple hundred points with almost 2x clock speed, 3x the RAM and 2x the cores....but, since the OS is optimized for the hardware on the iPhone, the specs on the Android devices just can't cut it....if Apple released an iPhone with these specs, it would blow away anything out there.....PERIOD....its just like when Apple was using PowerPC, the 1Ghz computers on 256MB RAM was smoking a 2Ghz P4 Windows PC....again, OS optimized for hardware...and yes, Blackberry has their OS optimized for hardware.......so a quad-core in a Blackberry Z50 will be VERY fast......also, cores matter as much as megapixels matter on a camera....the iphone 5S 8MP camera isn't much different than the 41MP camera on the Lumia 1020...
    11-18-13 12:15 PM
    I would dearly love to believe these rumors, though the Z50 would be as much as a year out and I was hoping to see that sooner.

These sound plausible. I guess I'm just happy to hear ANY rumors of upcoming new product...
    11-18-13 12:41 PM
    If this is true, I would imagine someone is working on a hack. Or will be now very shortly.

Look at Apple; when Apple went Intel, very soon afterwards someone said Hmmm....Intel is "PC", so therefore you should be able to run Windows on a Mac. And they were right. Of course this was before "dual-booting" was "announced" (put into quotation marks because I do not recall Apple ever officially announcing this capability and Boot Camp was not released until after the first wave of Intel Macs were on the market and Windows-on-Mac was done before Boot Camp). Then, someone said Hmmm...Intel is "PC", so therefore OSX must now be written for x86 architecture and no longer the (Power)RISC architecture. You should be able to run OSX on any PC. And they were right, well, for the most part as Hackintosh's require certain hardware.

Believe me; if you can run Apple apps on a BlackBerry, someone is doing it somewhere. I mean, hackers gonna hack, yo.

To be honest, I'd rather run a side-loaded iOS app than an Android app. But I imagine Apple would sue BlackBerry for even allowing the capability. Something tells me Google does not mind...
    http://www.thegadgetmasters.com/2013...os-app-player/

Google does not mind because really don't think they can being a open source platform. The one glaring issue with a open source platform is that they can be many cooks in the kitchen and can't be locked down like apple.

Just find it interesting that they have these app players for both platforms and can only use one, but in doing so get black listed for having it. Would much rather use the blackberry native apps for sure but kinda neat to be able to run all of them.

11-18-13 12:47 PM
156 ... 34567