Cool. I plan on picking up both devices. It's a done deal upon release.
    11-17-13 01:51 PM
    They are not trying to future proof their phones, they are doing what they always do, finding ways to avoid competing directly on specs while at the same time also picking features/specs that they can promote as being vitally important regardless of their real-world performance.
    Possum
    11-17-13 02:39 PM
    Ok, cool, now I have a good excuse not to get the Z30, on account of I'm holding out for the Z50
    11-17-13 02:59 PM
    Hope the rumour turns out be true with some major surprises. All I can say is, bring it on BlackBerry!!
    11-17-13 03:04 PM
    So they are trying to future proof their phones somewhat and are ready for when those things do matter. So I'd say they are ahead of the game and not behind like bbry. I like that.
    Not exactly future proofing when you're usually upgrading every 2 years, and I doubt we will see 64 bit software for mobile devices really take off while only Apple has the hardware. I could be wrong, though.
    11-17-13 03:11 PM
    I say bring on the new devices and screw the naysayers! Who's with me? Lol

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:15 PM
    EVERY BLACKBERRY 10 smartphone with the exception of the Q5 has been heralded as the NEXT FLAGSHIP DEVICE.

BlackBerry management needs to start focusing on delivering instead of beating the farm on the next device. We have substantial proof that the strategy has been a failure. The company is still out of control, out of touch with reality, and stuck in the BlackBerry Culture mindset. John Chen needs to clean house at all levels of management immediately.
    epark88 likes this.
    11-17-13 03:17 PM
    Not exactly future proofing when you're usually upgrading every 2 years, and I doubt we will see 64 bit software for mobile devices really take off while only Apple has the hardware. I could be wrong, though.
    What use is 64-bit software on a smartphone? Absolutely none. If you want to flog your genitalia buy an Apple iPhone.
    11-17-13 03:19 PM
    Ok, cool, now I have a good excuse not to get the Z30, on account of I'm holding out for the Z50
    Just wait until the BlackBerry Z Infinity is released. It will be the flagship device of BlackBerry 10 taking users into a time warp. LOL
    11-17-13 03:22 PM
    Possum
    No, George Jones, aka the Possum, already wrote a song about BlackBerry... "He Stopped Loving Her Today".

11-17-13 03:26 PM
    I do not deal with these "what ifs" any longer. If I see a leaked pic/video of said wonderful device, that is a different story. However, an article like that does nothing for me. Seems like it would be awesome. But, I cannot get emotional over vaporware.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 03:39 PM
    Please Please Please Please Please bring back the charging contacts on the Q30.

Dropping it in the charging cradle when you get home is so suave and James Bond. That's one reason people like BlackBerry.
    strongo and Zidentia like this.
    11-17-13 03:52 PM
    Z50 will release Q3 2014?? BlackBerry is alway behind the competition. Samsung will release an Octa Core with Rounded Display.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    If they ended up using the quad core processor from the nexus 5, I think people should be quite satisfied as I'm pretty sure it is faster than the octacore in the s4. Sure the s5 should be faster than the s4 but bb10 had already proven that it can run pretty good with dual core (z10 ran faster than my quad core nexus 4).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using CB Forums mobile app
    11-17-13 06:13 PM
    Q30 I hope is a slider or has a much larger screen. And has full hd

Z30, Q10, iP5
    There is a God if they give us a landscape slider next year.
    11-17-13 07:04 PM
    This is too long of a wait. BlackBerry needs to bring products to the market fast and furious so people know they are still alive. Q1 for the Q30 and Q2 for Z50. Specs will be fine. But has to come out then.
    Just going to point out that this is fast what they are doing. In fact I think its too fast, but thats just my opinion. They have released a phone every quarter this year. How much faster should they release stuff?
    11-17-13 07:13 PM
    Just going to point out that this is fast what they are doing. In fact I think its too fast, but thats just my opinion. They have released a phone every quarter this year. How much faster should they release stuff?
    Until they release phones that consumers might want to buy.
    11-17-13 07:30 PM
    Cant wait to get this on tmobile!!!!!
    Oh.....wait the z30 isnt even available anywhere stateside except Verizon......

Theyll likely launch it in january and not have it ready till end of march if this is real.

You know whats really sad? Android and google play get more love here than BlackBerry and BlackBerry world
    11-17-13 07:38 PM
    Just like BlackBerry saying that every future non-qwerty device, will have a resolution of 720p, even though they are experimenting with a 1080p display for the Z30's successor?

Posted via CB10
    OK genius. Please show us all how you can get a HD or Full HD on a square screen?
    11-17-13 08:08 PM
    Until they release phones that consumers might want to buy.
    Have you guys ever thought that maybe thats the problem? It takes a lot of resources to launch a phone each quarter so they have been cutting corners. Look at Apple they do a new phone every two years with a major update each year. They aren't split on different screens and options. Their marketing focuses on one line. When they talk to businesses they sell it as their one product for everyone.

So to the guy that I responded too no, I don't hope they rush out a bunch of new phones at lightning speed, I want them to focus on a select set and make them really, REALLY good.
    11-17-13 08:25 PM
    OK genius. Please show us all how you can get a HD or Full HD on a square screen?
    Well technically he didn't say Full HD...he said 1080p which actually just gives us two pieces of information:

1: Latitudinally, one line will contain 1080 pixels in a straight line.

2: It is a progressive scan screen.

Full HD is 1920x1080 with progressive scan but it is generally shortened to 1080p since most new screens are 16:9 and would have 1920 pixels longitudinally if its latitudinal capacity was 1080 and kept in scale.

Sure, what he said was ambiguous; however, it wasn't incorrect.

It would just be 1080x1080 with Progressive Scan. :-)
    anon5814103 likes this.
    11-17-13 08:43 PM
    Have you guys ever thought that maybe thats the problem? It takes a lot of resources to launch a phone each quarter so they have been cutting corners. Look at Apple they do a new phone every two years with a major update each year. They aren't split on different screens and options. Their marketing focuses on one line. When they talk to businesses they sell it as their one product for everyone.

So to the guy that I responded too no, I don't hope they rush out a bunch of new phones at lightning speed, I want them to focus on a select set and make them really, REALLY good.
    Yes Apple, if Apple don't release a Smartphone next year they still would make Profit Because they sell iPad, IPod, Mac, Accessoires and Media on iTunes. And BlackBerry? So they need hurry up little bit, we don't want 1000 phones a year but 5-6 good quality Smartphone is perfect.

11-17-13 08:45 PM
    The problem with those two devices are, they are still almost a year away.
    DJM626 likes this.
    11-17-13 09:10 PM
    As long as it isn't even heavier than the z30...

Z30, and yes, it's a bit on the heavy side...
    I agree but heavy with respect to electronics usually means solid/quality components...so I'm down with a little bit of weight to my device.

Posted via the best Keyboard in Existence my Mo Fo Z10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    11-17-13 09:24 PM
    Yes Apple, if Apple don't release a Smartphone next year they still would make Profit Because they sell iPad, IPod, Mac, Accessoires and Media on iTunes. And BlackBerry? So they need hurry up little bit, we don't want 1000 phones a year but 5-6 good quality Smartphone is perfect.

But you're asking them to rush them out right one after another. Here is the problem with that. Z30 launched last month. It had no time to get traction(even if they had done marketing for it) and they are supposed to launch another follow up for it? The tooling wouldn't even be paid for yet. They would be no chance of marketing that phone either. What the hell would the point be? So that three people on an online forum could get a phone faster?

They are moving fast enough imo, in fact as I noted above they should cut some.

Also BlackBerry sell Device Management services. They may not have hardware diversity but they do have options for revenue.
    11-17-13 09:33 PM
    I work with some marketing... and I think he's half right...

Apple markets their not top notch specs with different names or not names them st all and only mentioned it's strengths

BlackBerry should take a cue from them

Samsung was only able to do good when they marketed way better specs than iphones....

So instead of saying they have 8mp cam, they can say what software name runs the cam...sounds "cool"..

Instead of saying duo core, they should saybhowbthe OS is lean and needs little cpu to run..etc

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 09:40 PM
156 12345 ...