Sorry, but where did you get it from, that 4.2 inches is most commonly used form factor? This confuses me a bit...

Posted via CB10
    all sizes from 4 to 4,5 is pretty common...
    So far.
    That's what I also think.

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 06:36 AM
    Z10 size with 4.8 inches would be perfect.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    11-17-13 07:24 AM
    I will buy z50 if wind mobile carries the phone.
    11-17-13 07:54 AM
    This is too long of a wait. BlackBerry needs to bring products to the market fast and furious so people know they are still alive. Q1 for the Q30 and Q2 for Z50. Specs will be fine. But has to come out then.
    This

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:23 AM
    Q30 I hope is a slider or has a much larger screen. And has full hd

Z30, Q10, iP5
    You do know that a qwerty BB will have a square screen. So it cannot using that fact be a full HD. Just like now with the Q10, it can't even be HD.
    11-17-13 08:31 AM
    Other 0.00001% of the geek population no one on this cares about processing after you get buy a basic dual core, old snapdragon.

The octo core crap, just marketing for the niche geeks.

Blackberry is smart using older cores, no one cares.

Posted via CB10
    You are so out of touch!

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-17-13 08:35 AM
    For me the z10 screen size is good. They should make the phone slightly smaller though - cut 10mm off the reach required to top of screen. These 5in screens are too big for me and I won't buy one.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Z10
    Breezygirl8 likes this.
    11-17-13 08:40 AM
    You do know that a qwerty BB will have a square screen. So it cannot using that fact be a full HD. Just like now with the Q10, it can't even be HD.
    Just like BlackBerry saying that every future non-qwerty device, will have a resolution of 720p, even though they are experimenting with a 1080p display for the Z30's successor?

Posted via CB10
    11-17-13 08:49 AM
    Specs shouldn't be important, and if it weren't for tech geeks reviewing products, they wouldn't be. Reality is that those that review the products, specs matter, and effects the final paragraph in a review. Thus for those that read the reviews, they then think specs are import. This is why specs are important, not because they are needed.

I believe this is called, keeping up with the Jones's

CB10'n it via da Z
    bungaboy and phoenix55 like this.
    11-17-13 08:52 AM
    Case in point, the new Air uses the most modern thing you can use in the mobile space right now:
    A 64 bit processor.

Posted via CB10
    pretty much, until they have a plethora of useful 64 bit software, I.E not synthetic benchmarks, but actual software you can use... 64 bit architecture in a phone is worthless. Just like it was for PC's for the first year or two.
    11-17-13 08:55 AM
    Specs shouldn't be important, and if it weren't for tech geeks reviewing products, they wouldn't be. Reality is that those that review the products, specs matter, and effects the final paragraph in a review. Thus for those that read the reviews, they then think specs are import. This is why specs are important, not because they are needed.

I believe this is called, keeping up with the Jones's

CB10'n it via da Z
    It's about value for the money.

Why should I buy a BlackBerry Z30 with specs from last year for 600-700$, whilst Samsung and other manufacturers offer the newest specs for either less or the same price?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 11-17-13 at 12:34 PM.
    11-17-13 09:10 AM
    pretty much, until they have a plethora of useful 64 bit software, I.E not synthetic benchmarks, but actual software you can use... 64 bit architecture in a phone is worthless. Just like it was for PC's for the first year or two.
    So what?
    While other manufacturers still use 32bit and therefore drag out the continuous use of 32 bit software, Apple has yet another first to market advantage.
    And their 1st party apps are already optimised for the new architecture.

Talking about Apple, Windows and 64 bit:
    Take a guess if the implementation of 64bit programs happened faster on Windows or MacOs.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 and redantz like this.
    11-17-13 09:14 AM
    "Thanks Anonymous Tipster"

Ah, so now we have a source that is working closely at both Huawei and BlackBerry. Must be quite the job.
    Berry_Pink likes this.
    11-17-13 10:12 AM
    When news like this comes out I am always curious if they are talking about calendar quarters, or BB fiscal quarters. They are different. Anyone willing to settle this for me?
    11-17-13 10:24 AM
    So they are trying to future proof their phones somewhat and are ready for when those things do matter. So I'd say they are ahead of the game and not behind like bbry. I like that.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    11-17-13 10:26 AM
    So that would be between Q1 2015 and never for USA?

If true, this is becoming an absolute joke. BB, You want me to believe that it took you 1 year to put in a bigger screen and different processor? How else would you like to prove your incompetence?
    11-17-13 10:27 AM
    Greatness awaits us! Unlike with ps4
    11-17-13 11:10 AM
    So they are trying to future proof their phones somewhat and are ready for when those things do matter. So I'd say they are ahead of the game and not behind like bbry. I like that.
    They are not trying to future proof their phones, they are doing what they always do, finding ways to avoid competing directly on specs while at the same time also picking features/specs that they can promote as being vitally important regardless of their real-world performance.
    11-17-13 11:15 AM
    When news like this comes out I am always curious if they are talking about calendar quarters, or BB fiscal quarters. They are different. Anyone willing to settle this for me?
    The person writing up the rumour won't know and will simply be happy for that ambiguity as it gives them two chances to be right about it.
    11-17-13 11:17 AM
    FQ3 2014 ends this month so if you just wait a few days you'll have your answer.
    Nharzhool likes this.
    11-17-13 11:22 AM
    Way too early in the new CEO's reign to believe any kind of rumor. Even their preferred toilet paper provider should not be believed. This new CEO is going to pour over this company from top to bottom, decide who & what stays or goes before anything underway apart from OS updates gets green lit.

Give him a month or so and then things will start to move and fairly quickly.

Device wise we are likely two - three months away from legitimate rumors IMHO.

Given Chen's approach he will not settle for being second best with anything. So the days of lagging specs/designs and missing ship deadlines are DOA. BB is not going to aim low and lag the market nor will they miss another date on anything if Chen gets his way. So while it may take some time to get the roadmap laid out expect a much more aggressive approach in any sector he decides to support.

If they do devices versus license BB10 it will be to beat the likes GS4, 5s, LG G2, Nexus 5 (some elements) etc not the Moto G or Lumina 520. It is unlikely he will race to the bottom of the mass market smartphone sector using older tech and cheap materials. That space is decidedly consumer only and they don't need most of what BB is about.

Enterprise and Prosumer, should that stick as a strategy, will be about being the Apple of Enterprise. End to end products and services that make no compromises on quality, technical leadership, performance and integration. $79 BBs made of plastic are likely not in the cards.

How many bond traders want a plastic BB with a low res screen and reduced specs? My guess is zero. Work phones do not equal tech laggard phones. A person who is getting $400-500K bonuses at year end wants a BB with best in class build and specs.

BB should take a page from T-Mobile's play book and try to disrupt the industry. Amazing tech at sane prices coupled with powerful & relentless marketing . TMO is proving a firm can change its fortunes with aggressive moves that many said could not be done.

To wit - BB new slogan should be

Blackberry - Make No Compromises
    redantz, oilgeo10, gebco and 2 others like this.
    11-17-13 11:46 AM
    BlackBerry should build a 'Moto G' likely phone and I don't talk specially about the specs more about the price.

We need a 150 usd BB10 phone or better a 99 usd! We need to win LatAmerica back.. BlackBerry was there number one and now number 3.

Do it like Google and Windows, cheap phones is the answer!

With cheap phones you will get more costumers and with more costumers you will get more (and better?) apps and because of that you will get another more costumers because of a better ecosystem.

We actually lost the fight against Windows, hope it's not too late :/

Posted via CB10
    yuvaraki likes this.
    11-17-13 12:06 PM
    Z50 will release Q3 2014?? BlackBerry is alway behind the competition. Samsung will release an Octa Core with Rounded Display.

Posted via BlackBerry Z810
    they already have an octa core, although its just two quadcores, on for high demand one for efficiency, both do not operate in conjunction with eachother
    11-17-13 12:14 PM
    I disagree at least during Chen's first 200 days as CEO unless he is going to back pedal on the Prosumer/Enterprise strategy.

There is little margin in those 100% consumer budget phones and people who buy them (anywhere in the world) are not high impact/high influence business people.

So a Moto G like BB means they are going to slug it out on the consumer side which is what got them in this mess in the first place.

Look at what happen in the PC space when the big firms raced to the bottom of the price band. It was a blood bath and in the end Dell went private and HP was beaten up. IBM bailed entirely. The market is pretty fractured and with a laundry list of challenges. Competing on price for a enterprise focused firm like BB is tough.

Mass market phones means competing with firms that will continually under cut on price and can do that globally & indefinitely. BB cannot afford that fight right now.

One could argue Apple has a giant niche and android is a collection of mass market and specialty vendors. Windows being somewhere in the middle. BB must redefine its niche and then expand it.

BTW - Cheap Android phones sell bc of the ecosystem and the price not just the price. A $79 BB with the current ecosystem has no more chance of success IMHO than a $299 flag ship. Consumers who buy cheap phones want a thousands apps & key apps. Business people who buy phones what the right apps and true flag ship capabilities.

Maybe a cheap BB is in the cards for 2015 but right now they need to go back to their core and be the best versus the cheapest. They also need to get the "right" apps on BB10 and leverage Android to shore up things on the app side until they do. Walk then run.

Now having said all that they could pull a Google and offer a Nexus 5 spec'd BB10 device (albeit with a better camera and a few other tweaks) priced at $349 off contract WW. That is a T-Mobile like move. Sell a true flag ship world phone at $350. They would sell out repeatedly.
    11-17-13 12:33 PM
    precisely what I was about to post! Couldnt agree more with what you said!! Though the target audience are different and only a niche market, I believe enticing all sorts of buyers is the key to their revival!
    11-17-13 01:24 PM
156 1234 ...