After BlackBerry announced the return of the 'Belt', I got to thinking; why not adopt software keys for all the buttons, but the trackpad? In essence, as fingerprint scanners become a thing & BlackBerry's focus is on security, the trackpad could double up as a fingerprint reader.

This is my idea for the BlackBerry Z33, a Z30 with some software tweaks, the logo moved up, the screen moved down and the addition of a trackpad down low:

BlackBerry Z33: Teaching a new dog, old tricks-bbz30z35.png
    03-01-14 08:10 AM
    That reminds me of an old HTC phone that I can't remember it's name :/ Edit: HTC Legend
    But love it! BlackBerry should put this into consideration!

Posted Via CB10 Running On Z10STL100-2 Using OS Version 10.2.1.2141
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-01-14 08:13 AM
    The "band" could be introduced as a OS update only, - Just to scale everything else on the screen and put a permanent band on the bottom, user-selectable on/off, -

no need for the trackpad... which also would be far to low down in the mockup...
    03-01-14 09:42 AM
    After BlackBerry announced the return of the 'Belt', I got to thinking; why not adopt software keys for all the buttons, but the trackpad? In essence, as fingerprint scanners become a thing & BlackBerry's focus is on security, the trackpad could double up as a fingerprint reader.

This is my idea for the BlackBerry Z33, a Z30 with some software tweaks, the logo moved up, the screen moved down and the addition of a trackpad down low:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBZ30Z35.png 
Views:	1271 
Size:	212.6 KB 
ID:	251845
    Great effort on the rendering. Reminds me of the 9850/60 with the Track pad on the bottom.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-02-14 12:19 AM
    The trackpad could be put under the screen where the blackberry logo currently is. Make it software as well and the good appearance is maintaned
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-02-14 04:54 PM
    If you take the Z30, get rid of the BB logo at the bottom, put the trackpad there and then put keys to the left and right of it, that would be a bit better. Right now the trackpad is way too low, you would be holding the device on your fingers and not in your palm.
    03-02-14 05:03 PM
    If you take the Z30, get rid of the BB logo at the bottom, put the trackpad there and then put keys to the left and right of it, that would be a bit better. Right now the trackpad is way too low, you would be holding the device on your fingers and not in your palm.
    True, but it's still higher than the iPhone's home button and more size importantly the similar-sized Galaxy S4, neither of which people are complaining about. But your point is valid.
    03-03-14 03:18 PM