Big screen with good colours
    Attractive design
    Good battery life

Bad
    Poorly stocked app store
    Screen isn't very bright
    Doesn't offer anything over Android rivals
    BB10 software still has some annoying quirks

With its big, bold screen, the BlackBerry Z30 is the smart phone for you if you like watching movies, but refuse to leave BlackBerry. Its abysmally stocked app store, however, means you'd have a more pleasant experience overall looking at similarly sized Android phones.

My opinion:
    The review is realistic. The developers in Blackberry should listen to the reviewers. They should learn to incorporate their comments. If they want to gain market share, they need to show why they should recommended over the Android players. It would be enough to take a stab at Samsung in terms of technology to gain market share.
    10-14-13 07:11 PM
    Thanks for posting...I agree with you though it seems that BlackBerry have made their choice and sticking with enterprise. Don't think it's ever going to compete with the mass market phones..ie APPs
    kevinnugent likes this.
    10-14-13 09:04 PM
    Thanks for posting...I agree with you though it seems that BlackBerry have made their choice and sticking with enterprise. Don't think it's ever going to compete with the mass market phones..ie APPs
    I agree with you but what I don't get is how can focusing on enterprise and ignoring consumer be such a strategic mistake just 2 months ago and now be described as BBRY's salvation. What has changed? All throughout 2011, 2012 and the first half of 2013, BBRY's mantra was "consumer, consumer, consumer" and "Z10, Z10, Z10". The reason given was that BBRY's future would be severely impacted if it focused solely on enterprise. So what gives?

The think the CNET review is well written and I agree with the OP that BBRY needs to take these comments seriously IF they want Z30 to actually catch on.

My favorite line from the review: The Z30 is "not terrible either." Now that's an endorsement if I ever heard one!
    kevinnugent and Elite1 like this.
    10-14-13 09:09 PM
    I'm sorry but this was such a vague unprofessional, poor excuse of a review. I agree with the lack of apps, but in reality they mean: IG, Vine and candy crush ( banking apps as well ofcourse). The 5 inch amoled screen alone constitutes 3 stars!!!!. No mention of the amazing keyboard on the bigger screen, no mention of 10.2 functionality, no mention of the 1.7ghz and the overall speed of the phone. No mention of wireless charging or paratek technology,they mentioned battery life but they made it seem like it really wasn't a big deal, but if it's a DROID max then of course it's amazing battery life! I'm sorry but this is a complete CRAP review. 3 stars???? I call BS. No way did it deserve that score.

BBM channels: c00121c99 for some knowledge and c00123fca for some real hip hop
    Elite1 and fanisk like this.
    10-14-13 09:24 PM
    " Doesn't offer anything over Android rivals"
    What a vague and silly thing to put in as a "con". Doesn't offer anything over Android rivals? lol. Please.
    anon(5624621) likes this.
    10-14-13 09:34 PM
    Most Android phones have HD resolution screens.
    10-14-13 09:34 PM
    What a vague and silly thing to put in as a "con". Doesn't offer anything over Android rivals? lol. Please.
    Exactly.

10-14-13 09:38 PM
    I'm sorry but this was such a vague unprofessional, poor excuse of a review. I agree with the lack of apps, but in reality they mean: IG, Vine and candy crush ( banking apps as well ofcourse). The 5 inch amoled screen alone constitutes 3 stars!!!!. No mention of the amazing keyboard on the bigger screen, no mention of 10.2 functionality, no mention of the 1.7ghz and the overall speed of the phone. No mention of wireless charging or paratek technology,they mentioned battery life but they made it seem like it really wasn't a big deal, but if it's a DROID max then of course it's amazing battery life! I'm sorry but this is a complete CRAP review. 3 stars???? I call BS. No way did it deserve that score.

I actually think they were a little generous with the 3 stars. But then again I think this device will fall between the cracks. It's an industrial device designed to be a workhorse that's aimed at the "enterprise and pro-sumer" market and yet you never see business people carrying large screened phones. I think they actually missed both targets with this phone.
    10-14-13 09:39 PM
    BlackBerry Z30 Review | Mobile Phones | CNET UK

Good
    Big screen with good colours
    Attractive design
    Good battery life

Bad
    Poorly stocked app store
    Screen isn't very bright
    Doesn't offer anything over Android rivals
    BB10 software still has some annoying quirks

With its big, bold screen, the BlackBerry Z30 is the smart phone for you if you like watching movies, but refuse to leave BlackBerry. Its abysmally stocked app store, however, means you'd have a more pleasant experience overall looking at similarly sized Android phones.

My opinion:
    The review is realistic. The developers in Blackberry should listen to the reviewers. They should learn to incorporate their comments. If they want to gain market share, they need to show why they should recommended over the Android players. It would be enough to take a stab at Samsung in terms of technology to gain market share.
    What!!! Big screen with good colours but the screen is not bright!!! Is he not saying opposite things?

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 09:45 PM
    What!!! Big screen with good colours but the screen is not bright!!! Is he not saying opposite things?

Posted via CB10
    The other phones are.
    10-14-13 09:52 PM
    I actually think they were a little generous with the 3 stars. But then again I think this device will fall between the cracks. It's an industrial device designed to be a workhorse that's aimed at the "enterprise and pro-sumer" market and yet you never see business people carrying large screened phones. I think they actually missed both targets with this phone.
    Some like phablets
    10-14-13 09:53 PM
    Marketing should help them realize it.
    10-14-13 09:54 PM

Posted via CB10
    It can have good colors but not be bright...
    10-14-13 09:57 PM
    There were a few factual errors in the review. Such as stating that you can't mark all messages as read. Another stating that nothing had changed in the interface between the z30 and previous bb10 devices. I'm pretty sure there are a few changes with 10.2. None of which were mentioned. He also said that messages aren't marked as read if you look at them from a different device.

And that was just in the operating system section...

Posted via CB10
    10-14-13 11:28 PM
    You can see all the ones that own it have put 4 or 5 stars, and the ones that say 'Not For Me' don't own it.

That's disgusting and something a 4 year old would do.

'I hate it!!'
    'Why?'
    'I just hate it!!'

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    Elite1 likes this.
    10-14-13 11:37 PM
    You can see all the ones that own it have put 4 or 5 stars, and the ones that say 'Not For Me' don't own it.

That's disgusting and something a 4 year old would do.

'I hate it!!'
    'Why?'
    'I just hate it!!'

BlackBerry Bold 9900; Q10; Z10 [BBM#6]
    You are right! those people bashing it doesn't even seem to have touched the phone itself and they are just. Trying to promote other brands.. -_-

Posted via CB10
    10-15-13 01:06 AM
    Most Android phones have HD resolution screens.
    Splitting hairs, but 720p is HD. Obviously you meant "Full HD" i.e. 1080p.

Most Android flagships this year have 1080x1920 displays (S4, Note 3, Experia Z, HTC One, LG G2), but there are notable Android releases that sport a 720x1280 res like the Z30 & Z10, such as Moto X and Samsung Mega.

Do I wish the Z30 had a 1080 display? Yes. Dealbreaker? No.
    That's my #2 wish, after higher device storage (like 32GB!) being included or available. With lots of games in the 300-500MB range and even several weighing in at 1GB or more, I would have paid $50 more for a 32GB variant.
    10-15-13 03:13 AM
    CNET once was a great site but not anymore too much personal opinion about products rather than a general overview.

Posted from the most powerful smartphone,z10
    10-15-13 04:40 AM