Meet the BlackBerry Z20, a perfect successor to the BlackBerry Z10 and placed right between the BlackBerry Z10 and BlackBerry Z30 in terms of display size:

BlackBerry Z20: A True Successor-blackberryz20.jpg

The idea behind the device, a design that I have showcased before, is to look familiar compared to the Z10, but still feature minor design enhancements.

There is a side bezel, keeping the display protected if it falls at an angle, the bezel is also slightly raised over the display to protect it from face down falls. The display is 4.5" in size. Like the original London leak, the logo is not on the display piece itself, making it smaller. There are two front speakers now, enhancing audio capabilities. There is a shortcut button on the side, a single click launches whichever action you have assigned, a double click if the device is locked however. Triple click it and the torch goes on.

The entire body is covered in matte polycarbonate plastic and a removable battery door is still present for those who wish to exchange, replace or upgrade their batteries easily. The battery has been upped to 2,400mAh to ensure it lasts all day. The camera has also been enhanced with better low light capabilities as well as a 12MP sensor. There are five colour options. The colours follow the old Curve 8520 scheme of colourful, but not bright to make you stand out in a crowd, or the office elevator. There is maroon/red, dark purple, navy/blue, gold, white as well as a dark grey/black.

The idea is to be a suitable upgrade for Z10 users, older touch devices such as the Torch line as well as new users that want a noticeable upgrade over let's say the iPhone...

Feel free to make some recommendations, suggestions or even add some realistic features of your own...
    Nayan Das, matt0135, nt300 and 9 others like this.
    03-25-14 12:53 PM
    Well done, and I like the explanation you put into it. Having a programmable hot key would be even better, even if the user were able to determine what the clicks do.
    D_Gui, Elite1 and bigbadben10 like this.
    03-25-14 01:04 PM
    I like it! And I love the color choices!
    Sith_Apprentice likes this.
    03-25-14 01:05 PM
    Well done, and I like the explanation you put into it. Having a programmable hot key would be even better, even if the user were able to determine what the clicks do.
    I am to please good Sir...
    03-25-14 01:06 PM
    I like reduced bottom area of bezel & screen with logo on the chin. 4.5" would probably be a great size too, especially for the many people who still don't want 5.0"+ displays.
    03-25-14 01:08 PM
    I like it! And I love the color choices!
    Thank you. I find that most people would like some colour options, but not stand out. Locally crime is high so if you have a brightly coloured phone it's like saying "Hey! I have something you'd like to steal!" which sadly, lots of times, leads to people getting killed just for their devices, plus what business man wants to walk around with a bright red phone in his hand?
    03-25-14 01:08 PM
    I like reduced bottom area of bezel & screen with logo on the chin. 4.5" would probably be a great size too, especially for the many people who still don't want 5.0"+ displays.
    I thought about 4.7-inch, but my Huawei Ascend P6 has one and it's slightly uncomfortable to use, I also find shrinking bezels are the new fads for manufacturers, so why not join in on the fun.
    Elite1 and Sith_Apprentice like this.
    03-25-14 01:10 PM
    ... plus what business man wants to walk around with a bright red phone in his hand?
    Simple, clowns wearing red.

Don't understand why they would slap on a 13 MP camera on the Z20 leaving the Z30 (and current users) with only an 8 MP screen. Why produce this when the Jakarta is aiming to be 5" and $200. Am I missing something here... what does the company even need to produce a Z20? The Z10 is the stock that didn't sell (the figure is around $950 million). Don't see the strategic choice behind this device. You want to upgrade your Z10, get a Z30 (even that isn't a huge upgrade though).

The Q20 or Q30 on the other hand is needed. Come on Windermere!!
    jevinzac and D_Gui like this.
    03-25-14 02:06 PM
    You must remember that there are some people that feel uncomfortable about the Z30's size, but yes an upgrade would be useless unless it brings something significant to the table, like I mentioned here smaller bezels and better battery life, but in a compact body..
    03-25-14 02:11 PM
    This is awesome man, great job

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-25-14 11:45 PM
    With no rumors of a Z10 replacement I wonder when it will pop up. The color choices are a must going forward for BlackBerry. Awesome concept bro.

Posted via Z30 C0002FDEF
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-26-14 05:45 AM
    I realize that all candybar slab phones look similar, but at the same time my first thought when I saw it was that it screamed Samsung.

JB

Posted from my brain to your screen via CBQ10
    03-26-14 05:52 AM
    I appreciate the dual front facing speakers. A lot.

Make it the same colors as the iPhone 5C and you have a winner.
    03-26-14 06:34 AM
    Samsung

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 06:42 AM
    I LOVE IT!!!! This is my next BlackBerry! Please BlackBerry make this phone, and Sprint sell this phone.
    The only thing I would change is to use the same materials as the Q10 (steel body, glass weave back).

GREAT CONCEPT!

Posted via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-26-14 06:42 AM
    Wonderful concept, good work I would consider this for sure - I'm one of the people that considers the Z30 too large to comfortably use, so I appreciate the effort put into this!

Posted from my Z10 via CB10
    D_Gui likes this.
    03-26-14 10:23 AM
    I like this...great job! Especially liking the color selection.
    04-03-14 06:11 PM
    Another android phone, LG? Nexus? Samsung? HTC? Oh wait ah a Blackberry...