no offense to the op but i think this is complete bull. Vzw management isnt that dumb. With all the backlash theyve already received when the phones were ready jan 30th i dont think thye would wait until april that absurd.
    02-20-13 07:51 PM
    no offense to the op but i think this is complete bull. Vzw management isnt that dumb. With all the backlash theyve already received when the phones were ready jan 30th i dont think thye would wait until april that absurd.
    The OP did not write the article so he can't take offense. Lol.
    SixStringMadness likes this.
    02-20-13 08:25 PM
    I've still yet to hear anything new about Verizon BlackBerry 10 devices from their pr people. So to me, I know to add at least 2 to 3 weeks on to the current date. Once I do hear something, I'll be embargoed anyway so I wont be sharing. I'm just kind of getting anxious right now, because we're getting close to that point where pr should be starting to give out more details and review units if a release inside the month of March is going to happen.
    02-21-13 07:45 AM
    Lol I beat you to it. I called earlier and asked. Same story you got. As if their email notices would break the news before this site. Lol.

I asked the lady to look up how long I have been with VZW. Since 2007 it turns out, not 10 years as I had thought. Anyway, six years. Before that I was with Sprint (blech). Anyway, I politely told her TMO was shooting at getting the Z10 in mid March and that I will leave and take all my lines if Verizon delays the availability. She was nice enough. I figure it is worth complaining if enough do it. They obviously log the calls since right after calling I got some promotional emails from them.

The way I see it, they give us an avenue to communicate with them, I will use those paths to communicate my discontent. They either listen, or they don't. If they don't, maybe I join the T-Mo nation, and hope their future plans pan out.....
    02-21-13 08:37 AM
    I'm getting really p!ssed off with Verizon and the US carriers.. I have had a dev alpha for more than a month now, and I completely sold the Z10 to about 10 people or so.. Some switching from iPhone 5, some from Android, and others just due for an upgrade... They are getting annoyed as ****, as am I, that it's taking so long to launch. Some have jumped ship already, people who would have NEVER converted to BlackBerry, but after seeing BB10, were ready to bug the Z10 that day, but have now lost total interest.. I'm sick to my stomach because I want the phone, but more importantly, the carriers are f*cking BlackBerry over in the states.. and to be honest.. if the device was coming out in a month on some of these US carriers, we would be hearing much more about it now, but all is still in complete silence. Been waiting for this phone since the release of the PlayBook, and quite frankly, I'm sick of waiting while every day, a new country releases the phone.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-13 09:07 AM
    I've still yet to hear anything new about Verizon BlackBerry 10 devices from their pr people. So to me, I know to add at least 2 to 3 weeks on to the current date.
    Yup, at least. Verizon also tends to put the "next big thing" up for preorders a few weeks in advance, and it's still crickets chirping over there.
    02-21-13 09:16 AM
    Given that CDMA is nearly non existent outside the states, it shouldn't be a surprise that Blackberry, who needs to tread carefully with finances right now, would prioritize GSM models first and leave CDMA variants as an afterthought.

Even Android and WP devices tend to come late to CDMA carriers, or simply not at all. The first few iPhones never came to CDMA carriers either. You have to equip the phone with a completely different radio chip that only a minority of the world population uses.
    02-21-13 12:41 PM
    I received an email from Verizon today, offering me a chance to upgrade early to a new smart phone. Their options were the LG Lumia, the Droid Razr M, and the Samsung Galaxy S III. The offer to upgrade to a new smartphone ends on April 7. This has me wondering if they are just trying to move old "new" smartphones to make room for the new "new" smartphones that will launch April 8 (or later?) such as the Z10. If so, to me, this confirms there is no way the Z10 will launch prior to April 8, and could be later...
    02-21-13 03:05 PM
    Just stopped by my verizon store. Not as bad of a experience as my last few times going in there. Maybe because my wife was buying a Note 2. But i did talk to the sales rep and he was someone familiar and excited about what BlackBerry is offering.

He did state they were (about) to release BlackBerry 10. I informed him BlackBerry 10 is already launched and around the world. We are just waiting for the states. He said as of right now he believes its going to launch in the beginning of april

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-24-13 02:15 PM
    He said as of right now he believes its going to launch in the beginning of april
    I think the store clerks are guessing as much as we are. Store managers I've asked have been telling me that no training is even scheduled yet, meaning it's still probably at least 4 weeks away.
    02-24-13 02:23 PM
    There is no figuring how Verizon decides what is released when.... they definately march to their own drummer.....
    02-24-13 03:26 PM
    I just hung up with VZ,I asked about the Z10. First I was told to hold on while the rep check the system as she believed the release was mid march; she then comes back on the phone and says that she believes the mid March was a "rumor". Then she says her system wasn't showing anything on the phone and that more than likely it would be April before it came to the states. I then proceeded to tell her to let her higher ups know that if the phone was pushed back they would lose a customer. For some reason she became belligerent and said they can't control when BB releases their phones. I then said the rumor is that T-Mobile will release in the next few weeks and are you telling me tmobile has a better relationship with BB then Vz.....she then says I don't know because I can't speak for Tmobile.....I said okay and she then said she would make a note on my account. Maybe if enough people voice their opinions the ball will get rolling faster.
    02-24-13 05:03 PM
    no I will wait until September 2013-my birthday- for a Q10 to replace my 9800 or a Z10 Slider. if neither of those turn up by then, that's it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    02-24-13 05:45 PM
38 12