BlackBerry Z10 Verizon release may coincide with Q10

The likes of the UK and Canada have had access to the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone for a few weeks now with owners giving the new platform the thumbs up, but consumers in the US are still waiting to have access to the OS, and there are now reports that the BlackBerry Z10
    Verizon Wireless release may coincide with the Q10.
    It is already known that the BlackBerry Z10 running the new OS will be launching in the US next month, with the likes of T-Mobile already confirmed to be stocking the handset once available. Now reports are suggesting Verizon customers will have to wait until April to get access to the BlackBerry Z10, which seems to be a growing trend with the carrier with other phones seemingly coming much later compared to rivals.

It is wondered though if Verizon is waiting to release the BlackBerry Z10 at the same time as the Q10 becomes available, which has already been pegged to be available during April. In a way it makes sense as BlackBerry fans would then have the choice between the touchscreen of the Z10, and the QWERTY keyboard of the BlackBerry Q10.
    Obviously this has to be taken with the usual pinch of salt until availability of the two handsets are officially confirmed by BlackBerry or Verizon, but there could be some customers of the carrier disappointed having to wait even longer to get access to the Z10.
    If you’re a customer of Verizon will you be getting a BlackBerry 10 handset?
    Last edited by SixStringMadness; 02-20-13 at 04:54 PM.
    02-20-13 01:13 PM
    I am waiting eagerly for the Z10 i like the idea of the Q10 but with the gestures i believe i will be staying with my choice of the Z10. I will be upset if it is launched in April. But this is out of my control and I will let it go. I know of alot of people on Verizon that are waiting but will probably jump ship with the release being pushed to April.

If other companies in the US push their devices first. I feel the lack of US consumers at least having the ability of handling the Z10 is a downfall.

These other phones can grab their attention and sway them away. Vs if they were at least able to handle the Z10 and get a feel for it. This could hold them out.

Alot of Americans are impulsive unless they are a BB fan and will hold out.

This is my opinion. I am an American and i work in a Sales environment i see these trends everyday. People do not like waiting when there is something new right in front of them.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 on Verizon Wireless.
    BlackBerry By Choice!
    02-20-13 01:22 PM
    VZW really irritates me
    02-20-13 01:27 PM
    VZW really irritates me
    Yeah. In another thread everyone poo pooed this as a mere rumor to be taken with a grain of salt. But here we go. Sam crap, different device. I'll be moving to TMO as I said over this. 3 lines.
    02-20-13 01:35 PM
    What gets me is the pattern where Blackberry claims the carriers are "excited" about the devices. But then the behavior from the US carriers indicates anything BUT excitement.
    02-20-13 01:41 PM
    Yeah. In another thread everyone poo pooed this as a mere rumor to be taken with a grain of salt.
    I've seen it pop up on a number of sites now, but I don't see a "leak" being told to multiple sources, just multiple sources reporting the same rumor so far. Verizon itself may not know for sure, it may be a matter of whenever they get through whatever issues they're working out.
    02-20-13 01:52 PM
    I've seen it pop up on a number of sites now, but I don't see a "leak" being told to multiple sources, just multiple sources reporting the same rumor so far. Verizon itself may not know for sure, it may be a matter of whenever they get through whatever issues they're working out.
    We'll see.
    02-20-13 02:11 PM
    I'll definitely switch to T-Mobile if they come out with the Z10 first. I've been paying VZ for years and years, this will give me a good reason to switch. My contract has been up since 10/12 and have been waiting for a new BB!
    02-20-13 02:23 PM
    I'll definitely switch to T-Mobile if they come out with the Z10 first. I've been paying VZ for years and years, this will give me a good reason to switch. My contract has been up since 10/12 and have been waiting for a new BB!
    Same here. No contract on any of my three VZW lines. TMO I know has worse coverage but not in the area I live. I'd need to replace all my phones but I can pick up a couple of used GSM BlackBerrys for two of the lines for very little and then I will get a Z10. Sounds good to me.

But we'll see where the rumors lead.
    02-20-13 03:35 PM
    There is a definite lack of interest when VZ is contacted. Their response is not responsible and any opportunities to move away from them as a provider will be explored. IMO there is a conspiracy afoot to bury BB as the providers are heavily invested in their current manipulation of the consumers ignorance which equals easy sales of knock off glitter phones.
    02-20-13 03:49 PM
    If Verizon takes a month longer than competitors to get the z10 in stores, they just lost two customers.
    DJM626 likes this.
    02-20-13 04:00 PM
    I will not wait until April for the Z10. If this is true, Blackberry is screwed..
    02-20-13 04:04 PM
    Isn't this burying the lede? The big news must certainly be the Q10 for actual by-God sale in April. Wasn't everyone saying June?
    02-20-13 04:23 PM
    [QUOTE=SixStringMadness;8011628]BlackBerry Z10 Verizon release may coincide with Q10

The likes of the UK and Canada have had access to the new BlackBerry Z10 smartphone for a few weeks now with owners giving the new platform the thumbs up, but consumers in the US are still waiting to have access to the OS, and there are now reports that the BlackBerry Z10 Verizon Wireless[FONT=Arial] release may coincide with the Q10.

I am in now way trying to diparage the OP but "There are now reports" is there a source or is this just around the forums. I want to see a source. the rumors all over the board in this very fourm. I will wait and see when it comes out. I am not leaving VZW and will wait until I can get my Z10). Period.
    02-20-13 04:26 PM
    I am in now way trying to diparage the OP but "There are now reports" is there a source or is this just around the forums. I want to see a source. the rumors all over the board in this very fourm. I will wait and see when it comes out. I am not leaving VZW and will wait until I can get my Z10). Period.

Well, I provided a link, I shared the story..... that's about the extent of my involvement with the rumor
    02-20-13 04:52 PM
    If I have to wait an extra month or two for the Z10, I will not be purchasing it. I'll either wait for the Aristo or I'll just buy one of the Android devices that have double the specs at that point.

This is sad if it's going to take this long.
    02-20-13 05:33 PM
    Why does Verizon hate us so much?
    02-20-13 06:07 PM
    It's going to be maybe June or July for the Z10 on Verizon... You heard it here folks!

The March rumors are starting to smell like April.... Might as well be July!
    02-20-13 06:09 PM
    If this is the case, as several others have stated, I might be jumping ship on Verizon as well and might go the AT&T route. I can not believe that this is all due to carrier testing. Maybe some of it in part, but I can almost guarantee that the day the next Android device is released, the truck load of them will be waiting at the loading dock at all of the phone stores, employees will already have received training on them and they will be out a day or two after the launch of them has been announced. I think it's a conspiracy against BB if they are to release around the same time that the next latest and greatest of phones are received into the system, just to be able to say "I told you so" "I told you the new BB would not be a hot seller" as everyone rushes in line to purchase the next Samsung or iphone
    hitnar likes this.
    02-20-13 06:16 PM
    Why does Verizon hate us so much?
    Not hate. Indifference. Which is worse right? Lol.
    02-20-13 06:27 PM
    Maybe Verizon did not want to carry the BB phones at all and they offered them the exclusive handling of the white one to get them to carry the phone. So they may feel it would be beneficial for them to offer both at the same time. This would enable them to run just one promotion instead of a promotion for the Z and then a month later another promotion for the Q. This is just a possible thinking on the part of Verizon. I am just suggesting a possible reasoning that could be behind this rumor
    02-20-13 06:28 PM
    I just finished an online chat with VZW, and they said April or May. She "reminded" me that I could sign up for email updates, and I informed her that none have been sent, I have been signed up for said updates since day one. They also said no pricing hasn't been released and blamed the delay on BlackBerry...... Called her on both points with little argument in return. I promptly (and politely) voiced my discontent and disconnected the chat.

I'm quite irritated with Verizon Wireless and I'm beyond tired of paying a premium for their services while being treated like a second rate customer because I won't buy one of their beloved Droid phones, or other Android or iOS devices.

I will be shopping other carriers as they release the Z10 while Verizon sits on their hands (or loads a bunch of useless bloatware on their versions of the Z10)

I've got to say, with T-Mo's plans for the future, could be a good time to switch.....
    DJM626 likes this.
    02-20-13 06:28 PM
    Not hate. Indifference. Which is worse right? Lol.

Indifference is worse. With hate, you know where you stand.
    02-20-13 06:33 PM
    Maybe Verizon did not want to carry the BB phones at all and they offered them the exclusive handling of the white one to get them to carry the phone. So they may feel it would be beneficial for them to offer both at the same time. This would enable them to run just one promotion instead of a promotion for the Z and then a month later another promotion for the Q. This is just a possible thinking on the part of Verizon. I am just suggesting a possible reasoning that could be behind this rumor
    So now if Verizon's logic is that it is better for both to launch, it says to me that they think the only sure good seller is the Q10. That is not what I'd call a vote of confidence. Remember that the Z10 is the "consumer" appealing device. It is kind of like Verizon saying (if true), that they only think BlackBerry can sell phones to the the same physical qwerty niche as always.
    02-20-13 07:19 PM
    I just finished an online chat with VZW, and they said April or May. She "reminded" me that I could sign up for email updates, and I informed her that none have been sent, I have been signed up for said updates since day one. They also said no pricing hasn't been released and blamed the delay on BlackBerry...... Called her on both points with little argument in return. I promptly (and politely) voiced my discontent and disconnected the chat.

I'm quite irritated with Verizon Wireless and I'm beyond tired of paying a premium for their services while being treated like a second rate customer because I won't buy one of their beloved Droid phones, or other Android or iOS devices.

I will be shopping other carriers as they release the Z10 while Verizon sits on their hands (or loads a bunch of useless bloatware on their versions of the Z10)

I've got to say, with T-Mo's plans for the future, could be a good time to switch.....
    Lol I beat you to it. I called earlier and asked. Same story you got. As if their email notices would break the news before this site. Lol.

I asked the lady to look up how long I have been with VZW. Since 2007 it turns out, not 10 years as I had thought. Anyway, six years. Before that I was with Sprint (blech). Anyway, I politely told her TMO was shooting at getting the Z10 in mid March and that I will leave and take all my lines if Verizon delays the availability. She was nice enough. I figure it is worth complaining if enough do it. They obviously log the calls since right after calling I got some promotional emails from them.
    02-20-13 07:24 PM
38 12