I have a number of Blackberry phones. I have mostly been using the 9800 and 9900 to tether to my Playbook.

Today, I received the Z10. This is a super delux phone by far. I've tried a number of others for interest, and this one is exactly how I like a phone.

I am able to make the Playbook tether to the other phones except for the Z10. I can make it work with the WiFi Hotspot, and the Bridge connect. There is not yet much available between the Z10 and the Playbook. The point is, I did everything from re-starts, unmating the Bridge and Bluetooth connectioins, to putting them all back. I tried to contact Blackberry support, and they are swamped with calls. They are nearly impossible to get service from them at this time.

If someone has a possible answer to my tether problem this would be wonderfully appreciated. I tried everything I can think of...

I was at a BELL store here in Montreal this morning. I came when they opened. By about 10:30 the store had a lineup. They were selling out all their Z10 phones they had in stock. I saw later on the news the Blackberry sales reached historic sales levels today. It is not a gadget phone like many of the others. Being a long time Blackberry user, I am very delited with this purchase. I know they are going to keep improving the software over the very near future.
    02-05-13 09:51 PM
    the Bridge feature on the BB10 isn't the same. It doesn't put over your BBM, emails and texts as before. Right now you have internet connectivity, remote control, and file viewing.
    02-05-13 10:17 PM
    the Bridge feature on the BB10 isn't the same. It doesn't put over your BBM, emails and texts as before. Right now you have internet connectivity, remote control, and file viewing.
    Hi CJ,

I haven't seen too many articles on the Bridge on the Z10. Have you read anything to indicate that email, texts, etc. will be coming to the bridge for Z10?
    02-05-13 10:27 PM
    Haven't heard anything yet. Honestly, with the way that the Z10 works, it makes no difference to me. I always found it actually worked faster to just pick up my phone anyway.
    jsmenard1 likes this.
    02-05-13 11:06 PM
    I don't think they will update it until after bb10 comes to the PlayBook.
    That said, the bridge works well as is.
    02-05-13 11:25 PM
    I don't think they will update it until after bb10 comes to the PlayBook.
    That said, the bridge works well as is.
    BlackBerry damn better release a fully functional BlackBerry Bridge for the current BlackBerry PlayBook. Heavens knows when BlackBerry OS 10 will arrive for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Patience with BlackBerry's slow software release schedule has ended. If they screw-up this time they deserve to be shredded by the media. Sixty days until the verdict is delivered on BlackBerry's attempt at revival! Deliver or perish should be the internal corporate motto from now until eternity.
    02-06-13 12:44 AM
    Good to know. I'm sure they will do more with it later
    02-06-13 01:59 AM