01-18-13 06:43 AM
56 123
tools
    How an earth can you compare one released phone with two unreleased phones? We know ZIP about actual battery life until those things are used by users for any period of time.
    he is going buy the stated talk and standby time posted. Now i fully admit those mean NOTHING to real world use really but they are numbers you can compare if you want to.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-17-13 05:58 PM
    It's not just battery size, it's how well that juice is utilised.

I'm pretty sure the S3 has a 2100 mAh and the One-X has an 1800, unless there are some different models with other specs. Either way, I think the Z10 and the QNX platform will do just fine with the 1800.

SM
    01-17-13 06:05 PM
    With the removable back, perhaps RIM, or some third party, will make a tasteful "backpack" battery that will extend the battery life beyond the default specs, for those of us that don't mind a few more mm of thickness...
    It will take some pretty good sales numbers to get the battery makers going again, but a widespread release on multiple carriers should help with that. All said, I'd expect Hyperion and Seidio to make approximately double capacity batteries, which would be a boon.
    01-17-13 06:57 PM
    Sacrifice a chicken during the first charge cycle.
    I saw the post and thought exactly the same thing.
    01-17-13 07:00 PM
    off topic, but i just thought of something. will the phone be unable to charge like the pb if the batt is completely flat?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    If you use the playbooks charger it will charge if you use one of the BlackBerry smartphone chargers or your pc it'll only trickle and keep it powered. The playbook uses a 5000mah battery it requires a higher power level to fully charged the battery then your standard phone
    01-17-13 07:05 PM
    Can you please explain what you mean by that? Thanks!
    EAS takes more battery life than BES push or IMAP or POP. It stays connected all the time. It is push but pulls more power.
    01-18-13 06:43 AM
56 123