We�ve received the full spec sheet for the BlackBerry Z10 L-Series. More specifically for the GSM variants. A lot of it is already known, and has been speculated nearly spot-on. However, one thing that was left out was it�s battery life.
    The BlackBerry Z10 L-Series will feature an L-S1 battery. This is the same battery used in the BlackBerry Dev Alpha B (essentially a �London� in a different shell). The L-S1 battery is 1,800mAh. Here�s the details on battery life:

GSM Talk Time: 8 hrs, GSM Standby Time: 305 hrs
    UMTS Talk Time: 10 hrs, UMTS Standby Time: 285 hrs
    Audio Playback: 60 hrs, Video Playback: 10 hrs
    To put that into perspective, the BlackBerry 10 L-Series has nearly the exact same battery life as the iPhone 5. It also beats the Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X

Source: N4BB

I'd be happy with that.
    01-16-13 05:20 PM
    With the removable back, perhaps RIM, or some third party, will make a tasteful "backpack" battery that will extend the battery life beyond the default specs, for those of us that don't mind a few more mm of thickness...
    01-16-13 05:31 PM

To put that into perspective, the BlackBerry 10 L-Series has nearly the exact same battery life as the iPhone 5. It also beats the Samsung Galaxy S3 and HTC One X

I'd be happy with that.
    I'm pretty sure the S3 has a 2100 mAh and the One-X has an 1800, unless there are some different models with other specs. Either way, I think the Z10 and the QNX platform will do just fine with the 1800.

SM
    01-16-13 05:31 PM
    So better battery life than a 9900 then?
    01-16-13 05:39 PM
    I'm pretty sure the S3 has a 2100 mAh and the One-X has an 1800, unless there are some different models with other specs. Either way, I think the Z10 and the QNX platform will do just fine with the 1800.

SM
    When he says it is better than the S3, he is talking about how long the battery can be used doing those features. Yes the S3 battery could be 2100 mAh but that doesn't mean it will last longer. If the OS is a battery hog then the battery will drain faster. If the tests are true that could mean that BB has optimized the OS to make sure it isn't a battery hog,
    01-16-13 05:40 PM
    I wouldn't trust anything cnet says. Lol
    01-16-13 05:40 PM

SM
    Battery life != battery mAh rating. You can have all the mAh in the world, but it'll be useless if the hardware and software are inefficient. The OP is referring specifically to the battery life ratings listed in his post.
    Sith_Apprentice and schmeat like this.
    01-16-13 05:42 PM
    i will wait until i have it in my hands.....and see anandtech and other review sites do their tests before i judge the battery life
    01-16-13 05:45 PM
    So better battery life than a 9900 then?
    Definitely better than the 9900.

The comparison with the HTC and Samsung is interesting because they both have bigger screens, using a Samsung SGS2, I can tell you that the screen pulls the most as it relates to battery. Against the Apple which has a smaller screen, I believe they had to do some pretty neat optimizing to get this pulled off. But then again, lets' not forget, RIM did buy a company that does battery optimization.

All things considered, I believe if this holds true, it will be good.
    EsJayDee likes this.
    01-16-13 05:56 PM
    I love that more and more info is leaking but personally, I feel that they should let me get my hands on a device for a few weeks and than I can update everyone with my results. ** Does anyone ever notice that when a new phone is going to be released soon that the phone they currently have starts to act up? My 9930 never had an issue until they started talking bout 1/31/2013. My media card is magically not being read at times and my phone lags, the internet doesn't work even though i have service at times....just weird. Sort of makes me feel that they "allow" these issues to occur so I get pissed off enough to buy a new phone....that i want anyway.**

NJB
    GreenCopperz, BB12MX and austriker like this.
    01-16-13 06:40 PM
    Yes, 9900 has a 1200 mAh.
    01-16-13 06:47 PM
    Yes, 9900 has a 1200 mAh.
    Again, battery life doesn't equal mAh. I'm asking will this phone last longer on a battery charge than my 9900 does, assuming I perform the same tasks on both?

The stats in terms of standby, talk time, and music time are very similar, according to this article. Hopefully it isn't any worse than the 9900 anyway...
    01-16-13 06:55 PM
    Very cool if true!
    01-16-13 07:00 PM
    Awesomeness...wonder if those #'s are "best guess" or proven...either way I'm happy with that!!
    01-16-13 07:09 PM
    I'm certainly going to put mine to the test on the very first day, by doing nothing but checking everything out. Over and over and over and over and .........
    schmeat and BB12MX like this.
    01-16-13 07:53 PM
    I'm certainly going to put mine to the test on the very first day, by doing nothing but checking everything out. Over and over and over and over and .........
    First day, first week. Gonna ride that baby til the wheels fall off. Put Em back on and ride again lol RIM ftw
    01-16-13 07:58 PM
    First day, first week. Gonna ride that baby til the wheels fall off. Put Em back on and ride again lol RIM ftw
    And unlike our iPhone friends, we'll just pop a spare battery in when the wheels finally do fall off!
    01-16-13 08:01 PM
    Touche' ! Great point....

Actually, feedback from iPhone 5 owners have a pretty common beef about their battery life being a source of disappointment. Personally, if I get 1.5 - 2.0 days of heavy usage from one charge, I'm good with that. Most people (like myself) charge nightly anyway so anything more than a day is a bonus.
    01-16-13 09:21 PM
    Touche' ! Great point....

Actually, feedback from iPhone 5 owners have a pretty common beef about their battery life being a source of disappointment. Personally, if I get 1.5 - 2.0 days of heavy usage from one charge, I'm good with that. Most people (like myself) charge nightly anyway so anything more than a day is a bonus.
    i dont know any modern smartphone that gets 1.5-2 days with heavy usage. I dont think bb10 will either
    01-16-13 09:48 PM
    off topic, but i just thought of something. will the phone be unable to charge like the pb if the batt is completely flat?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    01-16-13 10:37 PM
    i dont know any modern smartphone that gets 1.5-2 days with heavy usage. I dont think bb10 will either
    i heard the note 2 does. at least that's what my carrier says

howarmat likes this.
    01-16-13 10:38 PM
    Ya...the battery on the note 2 is awesome, but you are carrying a giant slab...
    howarmat likes this.
    01-16-13 11:08 PM
    i heard the note 2 does. at least that's what my carrier says

phablets not included lol
    01-16-13 11:25 PM
    We’ve received the full spec sheet for the BlackBerry Z10 L-Series. More specifically for the GSM variants. A lot of it is already known, and has been speculated nearly spot-on. However, one thing that was left out was it’s battery life.
    The BlackBerry Z10 L-Series will feature an L-S1 battery. This is the same battery used in the BlackBerry Dev Alpha B (essentially a ‘London’ in a different shell). The L-S1 battery is 1,800mAh. Here’s the details on battery life:

GSM Talk Time: 8 hrs, GSM Standby Time: 305 hrs
    UMTS Talk Time: 10 hrs, UMTS Standby Time: 285 hrs
    Audio Playback: 60 hrs, Video Playback: 10 hrs

I'd be happy with that.
    If that holds as valid that is very positive news....
    ..THANKS for posting it!
    01-16-13 11:28 PM
    I wouldn't trust anything cnet says. Lol
    The OP source is N4BB, not CNET.
    01-16-13 11:35 PM
56 123