BlackBerry Z10 in-depth review: Good phone, truly great OS - Mobile/Wireless, consumer electronics, Google, at&t, Networking, wireless, smartphones, mobile, Blackberry, Apple - ARN

"...There's a chance that the Z10 will not emerge fast enough in the U.S., but still do fairly well in Europe or elsewhere, which would be a pity for American buyers. It's a good phone and a great OS. The question is whether that is going to matter..."
    SixStringMadness and zyben like this.
    02-06-13 07:22 AM
    Finally someone who actually took time and used the phone to write a review!
    02-06-13 07:57 AM
    Finally someone who actually took time and used the phone to write a review!
    Because someone writes a review and states they don't like the phone or the OS doesn't mean they didn't use the phone...it simply means they don't like it or the OS. Not sure why everyone on here think there is some type of conspiracy against BB.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    m1a1mg, nquyen and Rooster99 like this.
    02-06-13 01:13 PM
    This (along with David Pogue's review in the NYTIMES) only reinforces my belief that people really need to live with this device for a bit before they're likely to understand its real merits.

What makes this scary from a sales perspective is that the best qualities aren't things that immediately jump out. The greatest strength of the Z10 is its usability, and overall usability is not an easy thing to demonstrate.

The GOOD thing about it is that the people who "get" it will love it, and the word of mouth will be glowing.
    02-06-13 03:22 PM
    Classic admorris, a thread doesn't even need to get hot before he has to hose it down.
    zyben likes this.
    02-06-13 03:46 PM
    This (along with David Pogue's review in the NYTIMES) only reinforces my belief that people really need to live with this device for a bit before they're likely to understand its real merits.

What makes this scary from a sales perspective is that the best qualities aren't things that immediately jump out. The greatest strength of the Z10 is its usability, and overall usability is not an easy thing to demonstrate.

The GOOD thing about it is that the people who "get" it will love it, and the word of mouth will be glowing.
    this was liek any of the legacy BBs also, but once you use it you also see the drawbacks and how the pushed the Jave OS past its limits. BBOS had the little things that made them useful for those that are on the go, the little details that made getting things done quicker, but at that point once you started to load apps things got all crazy and the phones would do crazy things
    02-06-13 04:06 PM

Not only live with it but dig into what it can actually do or do different, instead of just seeing if it can do what iPhones or Android phones can do. If you only see if it can match the other phones, then of course you won't see what new functionality it has.
    jakie55 likes this.
    02-06-13 10:43 PM
    Not only live with it but dig into what it can actually do or do different, instead of just seeing if it can do what iPhones or Android phones can do. If you only see if it can match the other phones, then of course you won't see what new functionality it has.
    No kidding. One reviewer even called the Active Frames the "list of recently used apps"! How sad is that?

Once they realize that BB10 isn't stuck in the past like other mobile platforms, and actually does represent the future of mobile computing, we'll see the reviews shift farther to the positive side.
    02-06-13 11:00 PM
    02-06-13 11:39 PM
    I really like this persons comment after that artical

" Yes, but 400,000 of those 700,000 have never been downloaded, according to a study. What good are those if nobody wants them?
    And there are 1,900 flashlight apps. Kinda sounds like a school project was to write a flashlight app and put it in the two app stores."
    02-07-13 11:26 PM