71 reviews of a phone that's been out 2 weeks?
    02-15-13 04:18 PM
    Not sure if you all have noticed this as well, but if you look at Blackberry's facebook page, it has gone through quite a progression of stages.
    2010: Everyone loved blackberry and everyone is posting their PIN to get BBM friends
    2011: People started complaining more but also still posting PIN to get BBM friends
    2012: Every post that Blackberry makes on their fb is responded with 500 comments of people cussing Blackberry out talking about how much it sucks and how iphones are better and even say things like, "Why is this BS still showing up on my fb feed?" etc.
    Recently: People are making positive and negative comments about how much they want a BB10 phone and why it's not available and why it's expensive at their ISP for long term customers etc.

Things are changing slowly and it's for the better.
    02-15-13 04:25 PM
    71 reviews of a phone that's been out 2 weeks?
    When I checked there were 126 reviews of the Z10 on Rogers, with nearly 40 coming on or before February 4. To put that in perspective, there were only 51 reviews of the 9900.
    02-15-13 06:08 PM
    This is a great find. Does beg the question of what will happen when it comes to America
    02-15-13 06:12 PM
    This comes across as a fair comment:
    Attached Thumbnails BlackBerry Z10 is Crushing iPhone 5, Galaxy SIII and Note II in Customer Satisfaction-bb8.jpg  
    Bobcat665 likes this.
    02-15-13 08:21 PM
    If you can't see this as a positive then let me fill your glass up cause its half empty. That was horrible, I'm sorry.

Definitely like the term Crushing. It is odd the other devices have so few reviews.
    Bobcat665 and jarrodmeyer like this.
    02-16-13 12:28 AM
    awesome news! I can't wait until it release in the US eh
    02-16-13 12:48 AM
    As much as i love my BlackBerry sampling 122 people is hardly a true indication of how well the new platform is doing. It is just too insignificant of a sample size to make any logical conclusion. I'm optimistic and hopeful that the results will be the same on a much larger sample size
    122 people actually isn't too small a sample size. Though not the largest (larger costs more), you theoretically need a sample size of just 100 to attain a sampling distribution with the theoretical normal curve. What is really important here is not the size of the sample, but how they chose the sample. EPSEM should be used to ensure the sample represents population parameters, whatever the population may be (I didn't read the article). This, along with performing unbiased statistics (statistics that pertain to the theoretical sampling distribution mentioned above) ensure a proper inferential investigation. The sample size is plenty if you know what you're doing.
    02-16-13 12:55 AM
    What? Sample sizes for medical statistics are in the order of thousands or tens of thousands. 1 in 5 doesn't mean they looked at 5 men, it means there's a 20% chance with a 95% confidence interval. In addition to that, for a scientific survey you try to get as much of a random cross section of the population as possible -- self-selecting individuals are usually rejected because they will skew the results in one direction or another. If you go to a cancer treatment ward your sampling will give far different results than if you went to an all girls highschool, where it would seem that no one is at the risk of prostate cancer.
    I agree with your statement of self selecting individuals.. Everyone needs to have an equal chance at being part of the sample.. Pure random selection (EPSEM)
    But 95% confidence interval for medical research? Maybe for a general outlook on prostate cancer yeah.. Drug testing is more like 99%-99.9% though... (irrelevant for the topic of this thread though lol)
    02-16-13 01:06 AM
    Lets ensure we all leave positive reviews on articles like this, and on out phone provider sites. The positive word of mouth and positive energy will carry the Z10 a fair ways.
    I believe this is the REAL REASON BB10 is released in USE next month ... BB wants to generate lots of positive energy first, so will start strong in USA.
    02-16-13 01:41 AM
    That's great news but I think it has to do with (and this is just my opinion) early adopters being bigger BB fans that are inclined to vote higher. Over time you get other users reading the hype and being disappointed because they had high expectations. I sorta noticed this with the Bold 9930 on Verizon. Though maybe BlackBerry can rock out some good updates that will sustain this reputation.
    You beat me to it. I distinctly remember the bold 9930 being the only phone that had a 5 star rating on the verizon site right after it was released. Then over time the review average went lower. Glad I am not the only one that remembers that.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    02-16-13 02:16 AM
    Most things written have been positive. I would like to try one. I am pretty entrenched with the Note ll. Giving up that screen real estate would be tough. The true test for the Z10 will be when the Blackberry fans are done buying, and it all falls to the general consumer. That will be the real test. If the US carriers push it it might make a dent. If they don't things will darken. I was at the AT&T Store on Park Avenue in New York when AT&T was doing the big launch of the Lumia 900. The store manager had one thing to say to me, "No Bloomberg App, nobody on Wall Street will touch the phone". Blackberry needs apps like Bloomberg and the Huffington Post to get those very important, opinion leader type customers.

I hope it succeeds.
    jarrodmeyer likes this.
    02-16-13 07:16 AM
    Apple have been failing on the phone side of things since Steve Jobs passed away. He truly was the backbone. BlackBerry are destroying Apple now. Even more so when they arrive in the U.S.
    02-16-13 08:19 AM
    Never mind the Wallstreet short seller media distortions. Nothing beats positive consumer feedback.
    02-16-13 08:25 AM
    Apple have been failing on the phone side of things since Steve Jobs passed away. He truly was the backbone. BlackBerry are destroying Apple now. Even more so when they arrive in the U.S.
    With all due respect, that is simply untrue. Apple is number one in the US right now and if Blackberry can even approach Windows Phone 8 sales it will be a victory. You have be real about this stuff. Blackberry is not destroying Apple or anyone else. It's hard to understand where that assertion comes from.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-16-13 08:39 AM
    With all due respect, that is simply untrue. Apple is number one in the US right now and if Blackberry can even approach Windows Phone 8 sales it will be a victory. You have be real about this stuff. Blackberry is not destroying Apple or anyone else. It's hard to understand where that assertion comes from.
    lol WP8
    s0be likes this.
    02-16-13 09:30 AM
    122 people actually isn't too small a sample size. Though not the largest (larger costs more), you theoretically need a sample size of just 100 to attain a sampling distribution with the theoretical normal curve. What is really important here is not the size of the sample, but how they chose the sample. EPSEM should be used to ensure the sample represents population parameters, whatever the population may be (I didn't read the article). This, along with performing unbiased statistics (statistics that pertain to the theoretical sampling distribution mentioned above) ensure a proper inferential investigation. The sample size is plenty if you know what you're doing.
    Well, the sampling frame matters too. If I randomly sampled 100 students at an American college campus and surveyed which smartphones they used, chances are the iPhone would crush everything else. You can't extrapolate that to the rest of the country, or the world. The sample would have significant selection bias. I feel it's the same case here. Most people who buy a phone from a carrier won't bother to review it on the site unless they feel very strongly about it (either that it's so good it deserves mentioning, or that it's so bad that you have to warn others). For this many reviews to appear on one carrier's website a week after launch, you have to try and eliminate sources of systematic bias, namely:

1. Astroturfing potential. Basically this means that people who have not bought the phone are posting favourable reviews of it to give the impression that it's a highly popular phone. Amazon.com for instance has a "Verified purchaser" tag it places on reviews where the reviewer has the bought the product through Amazon. The Rogers customer reviews don't have a similar feature. And FYI, many many corporations do astroturfing, including Microsoft.

2. Time horizon - I'm a member of a music review site called Rateyourmusic. When new albums come out, the initial ratings are provided by fans or haters, and they tend to skew towards very high or very low numbers. Over time, as the album becomes more well known through radio promotion and reviewsin traditional media like music magazines, more ratings come in and the overall rating normalizes at a certain level and doesn't fluctuate. We are still very early in the Z10 release window....the ratings could change once more people buy the phones (and if they choose to review them).
    agp101 likes this.
    02-16-13 03:36 PM
    lol crushing 71 reviews..

On tmobile the S3 is 5 out of 5 stars 2300 reviews.

That article means nothing. Nice read tough
    02-16-13 03:42 PM
    We are still very early in the Z10 release window....the ratings could change once more people buy the phones (and if they choose to review them).
    Exactly. To base a phone as "crushing" the competition in satisfaction after 2 weeks is equivalent to asking patrons at a Taco Bell how their meal was..
    02-16-13 04:11 PM
    LOL, just like with the Telus and Koodo website, there is a disproportionate amount of reviews that were posted before the phone was even launched.

Either shill postings or developers who have a vested interest in pumping BB10.

Extracting these findings to overall customer satisfaction is severely misleading at this time.
    02-16-13 04:16 PM
    lol crushing 71 reviews..

On tmobile the S3 is 5 out of 5 stars 2300 reviews.

That article means nothing. Nice read tough
    Rogers has 122 reviews after 9 days. Canada has 10% of US pop. So 122 equals 1220 US over slightly more than a week. The Tmob figures are for 2300 after 9 months. The Canadian numbers are significant.
    02-16-13 04:27 PM
    Rogers has 122 reviews after 9 days. Canada has 10% of US pop. So 122 equals 1220 US over slightly more than a week. The Tmob figures are for 2300 after 9 months. The Canadian numbers are significant.
    Lolwut?
    richardat likes this.
    02-16-13 04:31 PM
    Urbanglowcam nailed it. Even if the reviews are all legit, a lot of them are "fans" who are early adopters. I'd be interested to know how many reviewers were switchers.
    Rickroller likes this.
    02-16-13 04:38 PM
    Not sure what your'e talking about at all.

Rogers is the largest telecom provider in Canada with ~ 10 million customers while TMobile has 35 million. Your numbers are a waaaaay off.

I wont even mention the validity of extrapolating reviews from one company's website and applying them to another company...

lol
    richardat and aniym like this.
    02-16-13 05:21 PM
    This thread scares me. Just.....fail.
    02-16-13 06:08 PM
64 123