02-15-13 08:25 AM
    I do wonder how the stats will balance out once the BB10 hits the U.S. market. I guess a fair assumption will be a few months after it has been available in the U.S. market. Interesting times ahead.
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 08:29 AM
    More good news..... important to have happy customers....
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 08:29 AM
  4. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    before too long, the Blackberry z10 will be the number one selling smartphone in Canada ....
    02-15-13 08:34 AM
    i wouldnt say crushing since this survey is not scientific...... but yes another positive article... we need as many of those as we can get...
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 08:38 AM
    Oh crap, more good news. This trolling stuff is getting hard. I think I'll move to the iMore site.
    02-15-13 08:54 AM
    Although one can point out that user reviews are not scientific, I personally take them into consideration when making a purchase. I will tend to buy a product with a strong customer satisfaction, particularly if the reviews are detailed and obtained from personal experience and not just a spouting of general opinion. I have to balance that out with features that I can use, but quality and functionality do count.

It might not make much of a difference if I see products listing a satisfaction of 4.8 and another of 4.5. I would then think both have essentially the same satisfaction rating. However, when comparing one that say only rates a 3.0 versus one that has a 4.5, I would tend to shy away from the one that has the significantly lower satisfaction rating.
    02-15-13 09:06 AM
    That's great news but I think it has to do with (and this is just my opinion) early adopters being bigger BB fans that are inclined to vote higher. Over time you get other users reading the hype and being disappointed because they had high expectations. I sorta noticed this with the Bold 9930 on Verizon. Though maybe BlackBerry can rock out some good updates that will sustain this reputation.
    02-15-13 09:10 AM
    I wouldn't put much weight in this either in terms of science. It is positive press though, which is something BlackBerry has been lacking for a long time. Suddenly it's less cool to hate BlackBerry than before.

The author's comment about "homegrown bias" made me laugh though. Canadians don't 'cheer for their own' the way Americans do. It's why I laugh when you see an analyst say, "for Apple to beat RIM on their own turf is a big deal." No it isn't! Canadians make fun RIM louder than anyone I've ever heard.
    G-bone, aminrajabi and black hole like this.
    02-15-13 09:10 AM
    It's been released in the the UK and Canada. That's two of the most polite countries on Earth, both very BlackBerry friendly. Just the fact that the Z10 has more reviews should tell you something.
    mikeo007, TgeekB and Bobcat665 like this.
    02-15-13 09:14 AM
    As much as i love my BlackBerry sampling 122 people is hardly a true indication of how well the new platform is doing. It is just too insignificant of a sample size to make any logical conclusion. I'm optimistic and hopeful that the results will be the same on a much larger sample size
    black hole and pronomad like this.
    02-15-13 09:18 AM
    As much as i love my BlackBerry sampling 122 people is hardly a true indication of how well the new platform is doing. It is just too insignificant of a sample size to make any logical conclusion. I'm optimistic and hopeful that the results will be the same on a much larger sample size
    They just used a small sample size. Just like in medical research -they have stats like 1 out of 5 men are at risk of prostate cancer. They didn't sample a ton of people to get that data.

PSA...Fellas, get your prostate checked.
    02-15-13 09:26 AM

Is there an app for that or do I just use the camera? Sorry could not resist but yeah get it checked!
    02-15-13 10:29 AM
    I love ML on GM !
    G-bone likes this.
    02-15-13 10:56 AM
    i wouldnt say crushing since this survey is not scientific...... but yes another positive article... we need as many of those as we can get...
    Be the results average or bad, the title with "crushed by" won't be heretic ... even with a non scientific study. In fact, it will be the norm all over the web
    BergerKing likes this.
    02-15-13 10:58 AM
    I think the more telling sign is the number of reviews that the Z10 has gotten on both Rogers and Telus. The Z10 has a large number of ratings (compared to the other phones) and it's only been out for 10 days.
    02-15-13 11:24 AM
    Nice to see! Having said that, I agree we're seeing the opinions of Berry fans and "other" early adopters, who could be expected to have higher than normal pain thresholds. Still, we're not seeing Storm/Storm 2 reactions, and the phone has been out for a few weeks now and overall the number of problems is relatively small and none that I see are tablestakes issues. Consumer feedback post-US launch will be the telling sign, but this bodes well.

I think launching in the US after the UK and Canada will work out well for Blackberry. Nice to see there's still some fight left!

- R.
    02-15-13 11:47 AM
    The author's comment about "homegrown bias" made me laugh though. Canadians don't 'cheer for their own' the way Americans do. It's why I laugh when you see an analyst say, "for Apple to beat RIM on their own turf is a big deal." No it isn't! Canadians make fun RIM louder than anyone I've ever heard.
    I have no opinion on the article, but in general, Canadians are far more "cheer for their own" than Americans. I've lived extensively in both countries.
    02-15-13 12:36 PM
    Since BBX is an RTOS I expect any reviews affected by the performance of the OS to be very positive. The fact you can run Android apps is a big plus as well. One question I have is whether the Android apps have access to your address book or calendar or if they are in some sort of emulator sandbox. If the Android apps are able to fully work, then the Z10 has an excellent chance in the market as Android owns 70 percent of the smartphone market share right now and the ability to "bring all your stuff" to BB10 is a huge enabler for getting converts from the Android camp. From iOS? Not so much. As an iPhone user, I'm pulling for the success of BB10 because I believe more choices is always better for the customer in the end.
    DPSydBerry likes this.
    02-15-13 12:56 PM
    I can totally understand why the Z10 is beating all the others. This is a new phone, new os, new feel to Blackberry and people are loving it. Users are loving the experience and that is what MATTERS
    G-bone likes this.
    02-15-13 01:05 PM
    They just used a small sample size. Just like in medical research -they have stats like 1 out of 5 men are at risk of prostate cancer. They didn't sample a ton of people to get that data.

What? Sample sizes for medical statistics are in the order of thousands or tens of thousands. 1 in 5 doesn't mean they looked at 5 men, it means there's a 20% chance with a 95% confidence interval. In addition to that, for a scientific survey you try to get as much of a random cross section of the population as possible -- self-selecting individuals are usually rejected because they will skew the results in one direction or another. If you go to a cancer treatment ward your sampling will give far different results than if you went to an all girls highschool, where it would seem that no one is at the risk of prostate cancer.
    aniym and mikeo007 like this.
    02-15-13 01:06 PM
    Keep it moving BB!!!
    02-15-13 01:22 PM
    A smaller sample almost always yields higher results. While this is generally good news, we should keep in mind it's very early days and a relatively small response.

I'm just saying...
    02-15-13 01:31 PM
    Wait until the generell consumer will rate an device - early adaptors ( Not to say brand fans ) have in general a more than warm welcome to the devices of their choice ...
    aniym likes this.
    02-15-13 02:53 PM
    I believe it, friends who own other devices and have played with Z10 for a while want one!
    02-15-13 02:56 PM
64 123