Hey guys and gals / fellow Crackberrians.

If you have a xbox you may know, plugging a usb stick which is fat32 with films on you can play seamlessly via tv.

I have transcode which lets me stream from laptop to xbox but thats not quick enough. Have to wait like 30 mins just to fast forward.

Anyhoo. Im wondering if its possibel for me to stick my BB in via the usb port infront of the xbox, will this enable mass storage; then find films saved on my xbox360. (A crack pot idea) But its a cool one.

I never heard of this. Any ideas ? Im at work atm so anyone fancy plugging there berry into a xbox and give it ago for me

Thanksss in advance

~Joe
    02-04-10 10:29 AM
    I know for a fact you can do it with a PS3 but it is somewhat difficult (the video files are had to find)

Xbox I'm not so sure about. I think it may only recognize mp3's.

The xbox media support is not very good, won't play avi, divx or alot of other types of files.

I might not be completely understanding what you're saying tho...

EDIT: Are you trying to transfer files from the Xbox to the BB? If so, disregard everything I've said- I have no idea what I'm talking about.
    02-04-10 11:34 AM
    I play .avi and divx on my xbox all the time since the media update over a year ago. I don't know where you get your info. Yes, you can do this as long as they're formatted correctly. Might I suggest Vuze over transcode for a streaming solution? It's a converter, bitTorent client, internet explorer, and streaming application all in one.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-10 11:51 AM
    I did not know the Xbox supported those files, I haven't tried it in a while because I just use the PS3.
    02-04-10 12:20 PM
    I'm thinking of trying it. My bb won't mess up, right

02-04-10 12:35 PM
    Thanks for all the posts guys.

To sinpler my question. For some who didn't understant. Can u use your bb instead of a memory stick yo play films in usb

Ima give it a try

02-05-10 06:28 AM
    This works amazingly.

I played .avi through BB and it worked perfect.

Glad i tried.
    02-08-10 02:55 AM
    I have to try this later

02-08-10 11:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD