So seeing as CrackBerry community influences a lot of what BlackBerry does in future updates, I figured I would start this thread to see who else wants this and if BlackBerry will do it.

I have downloaded a bunch of movies that are on sale for $.99 and they are GREAT! love this deal! But I have two issues, not major but issues none the less.

1) Downloading creates and INSANE amount of "other data" that is stored on the device and takes up A LOT of space...on the forums it tells you how to fix this by transferring to a computer and then back to the phone...but this should NOT be happening and shouldn't be the only solution to this problem. BlackBerry has to create an update that any cached information that is stored during downloading will clear once download is completed! This space is massive and for people who do not search CrackBerry will not know and suddenly will get a huge surprise when they find out they can't take any more photos even though they have 32GB of storage. This has to be fixed.

2) BlackBerry World Videos must be tied to your BBID and offered to be viewed through the BBID over the computer. I think this is something that BlackBerry would be very smart to do as it would offer much more incentive for people to purchase from BlackBerry World. If a person doesn't have a micro HDMI but constantly is on a laptop, there needs to be a way to view these videos on that laptop! They have shown off bridging technology in the past, and they should implement this (they may already be doing so) in the near future. Whether when you connect your phone to a computer and it plays through the phone that way, or if you can access all videos and music through the BlackBerry World website. Either works for me as long as you can access the information on the laptop. Preferably over the cloud and internet would be better so you don't need a cord or even your phone beside you to watch movies. Also another way would be to implement this type of technology into BlackBerry Link. Once you log into your BBID on Link, it will then populate all movies you have downloaded into Link and you can view it there.

These would help BlackBerry out in terms of multimedia sales over BB World, or it wouldn't and I am just being a consumer who is noticing a limitation within the OS and ecosystem.
    12-10-13 01:01 PM
    I have to agree.
    My Z has, after less than 10 uses, a hardly working hdmi port. So I would really like to watch the movies from my PB. Then I can sit on the couch and use the Z as a remote while checking email.

Fix the broken bridge so it works like it did on my 9900.

Sent while driving from my CrackBerry.
    12-10-13 02:11 PM
    I'd love to be able to watch movies from my Z on my PB (WiFi or Bridged)! I periodically check that feature, just to see if the Elves have changed something overnight, but alas, no luck as yet.
    12-10-13 03:04 PM
    I'd love to watch movies I've downloaded to my z30 on my PB. So frustrated that they don't allow that. As is BBID associated that should be enough proof is same person

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:59 PM