Firstly I would like to Applaud BlackBerry for creating a phone that seems to be endlessly glued to my hand regardless of what I am doing.

However on a negative side, As I've noticed is a trend with these discussions, is that for some reason there seems to be an issue with my BlackBerry World. Granted I have the London release model, which shouldn't make a difference as first impressions last, but whenever I attempt to access the preloaded blackberry world app I get this welcome message stating - " There is an issue with blackberry world. BlackBerry World must now close down. "

Please if anybody has the same problem and has fixed it or has any idea as to what the f+*# this means please do not hesitate to respond to my "Positive" feedback on this otherwise beautiful piece of technology.

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 05:35 PM
    That's strange, i haven't heard that one before. I'm sure there's a way to reinstall BB world, i just don't know how.
    04-12-13 05:45 PM
    I've tried researching the issue but nothings really comes up except a YouTube upload of a guy funny enough in London who has the same model and the same problem but no ways to fix it. Cos u can't delete App World on the device that's where reinstalling it becomes a problem

Thanks for ur response though.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:01 PM
    I think you may have to reinstall the O/S to fix that.

How to reload your BlackBerry 10 smartphone operating system | CrackBerry.com

Also welcome to crackberry!
    04-12-13 06:08 PM
    Thanks very mate I'll give a go. Appreciate your help. Thanks for the welcome. Always enjoyed a little CrackBerry! Cheers

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 06:59 PM
    I have another problem with BB World. On every app, i left a review, that was less than 4 stars.
    What happens is this:
    I browse to this app, to read other persons reviews, i have to click on the review tab.
    When i swipe extremely quickly in the review section, or switch to the overview tab, and than back to the reviews, every review i see has 5 stars. It does not matter that the app has an average of less than 5 stars. Be it 1 or 4. Every single review, shows me 5 stars. Is that normal?

Posted via CB10
    04-12-13 09:03 PM
    I am having a problem trying to upgrade 3 apps on my playbook.
    I get the notification that an upgrade is available, I click the notification and the relevant page in BlackBerry World opens however I notice that there is a price listed above the upgrade button - this implies that I will be charged for the upgrade?
    I select the upgrade option and then have to input payment option - further indication I will be charged for the upgrade.
    However neither credit card option or PayPal option seems to work and I get an error message about not being able to process the request or something along those lines.
    Anyone else having the same issues?
    This has been going on for about a week.
    PS I do have a Z10 - could there be some conflict between the two BlackBerry World accounts?
    04-12-13 11:54 PM
    Actually, I have the issue with my Z10 on apps that I did not review as well. Could someone please confirm, if this bug happens on their Z10's as well?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 05:26 AM
    Actually, I have the issue with my Z10 on apps that I did not review as well. Could someone please confirm, if this bug happens on their Z10's as well?

Posted via CB10
    Can't get it to reproduce what you're seeing. Tried swiping quickly in the moneyplus review, still showing a 4 star review and some 5 star reviews.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:30 AM
    And if you swipe completely to the bottom, as fast as you can, then back up, and then some random quick swipes?
    I know this sounds a little bit weird, but i can make screenshots of it if someone needs them^^ I swear, I am completely serious.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 10:39 AM
    When i swipe extremely quickly in the review section, or switch to the overview tab, and than back to the reviews, every review i see has 5 stars. It does not matter that the app has an average of less than 5 stars. Be it 1 or 4. Every single review, shows me 5 stars. Is that normal?
    It's "normal", in the sense that you're not the only one seeing it and, I believe, everyone would see similar things under the right conditions.

It's just a bug. I'm sure they'll fix it, maybe in 10.1.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-13-13 11:02 AM
    No hallucinations then... Thanks!
    Is the Bug already known to BBRY?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:05 AM
    No hallucinations then... Thanks!
    Is the Bug already known to BBRY?
    You are right about the stars, few threads are here about that... I think BB already knows about...but if you select a app then you should See the right amount of stars

@OP
    What Happens if you try to buy a app in BB appworld over BlackBerry World - Free & Paid BlackBerry Apps for Smartphones & Tablets ?
    04-13-13 11:21 AM
    You are correct. The app itself, always has the legitimate rating. Just the single ratings of the reviews are skewed.

I just searched it in the forums, and its hard to find^^
    I thought i could add something ;-(

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 11:33 AM
    I swiped all over like crazy and couldn't get it to duplicate.

I believe you. Don't think you're hallucinating.

Before the first update I remember that no matter what the rating was in the app, on the first screen it always said no reviews. Then I would go into the app screen and would see 40 reviews. I remember thinking that was a poor way to do business because it looked like no one was trying the apps if there were no reviews.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:23 PM
    Lol I'm glad my thread that began as a BlackBerry World cry for help has turned into problems that occur with what jewels lie beyond my problem. Gotta love CrackBerry when all BlackBerry users come together to help those in need. It's really a beautiful thing behold.

Just wish the rest of the world were like this. Perhaps CrackBerry could end the War some day. Peace.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 01:59 PM
    Sorry OP! Don't have that issue here.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 02:59 PM
    You can get to BlackBerry World through the browser at appworld.blackberry.com

I hope it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 03:10 PM
    04-13-13 04:22 PM
    Oh, and for German speaking people, BlackBerry should make some little changes.
    "Freigeben" must be the worst translation for "Share", ever.... Considering Heins is German, this is bitter. Also a "Review" is not a "Revision". Whom can I annoy at BBRY so that changes?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 04:54 PM
    Going through the browser route should I turn it into desktop mode so it does not redirect me to the App instead? Thanks I'll give a go

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:07 PM
    So weird that people are reporting all these bugs that I'm not seeing...

How can I reproduce this one?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 06:25 PM
    Which one?
    A Quote would have been nice

Edit: The "Revision" thing only appears in an app that I downloaded and could still give a review.
    BlackBerry World and it's endless Issues!-img_00000057.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 04-13-13 at 06:41 PM.
    04-13-13 06:26 PM
    The browser did not direct me to the app. It directed me to the web page.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:10 PM
    That is all the app is I believe, a portal to the web page. I think the portal is broken.

Posted via CB10
    04-13-13 08:15 PM
26 12