I absolutely love my BB but with soaring gas prices etc... I am looking for ways to cut back. I am wondering about dropping my att media net. I will miss my email but I can use work computer and laptop. So has anyone dropped the package and what do you think? Or is there just too much I would miss if i did drop it? help, di
    06-06-08 08:56 PM
    i feel bad for your berry

But really...lol why dont you disable the email and do not use any functions of the browser and see how much you miss it, and if your finding your not missing it then go ahead and drop the plan You never realize how many apps and shortcuts use the functions of the browser until you stop using em !!
    06-06-08 08:58 PM
    IMO, you would be missing out on a lot. I personally would not do it, but that's just my opinion. To each his (or her) own. Maybe tr to reduce your AT minutes for a bit, if that doesn't cause your contract to re-up.
    06-06-08 09:33 PM
    Keeping a proper and balanced budget is far more important than a data plan. If money is tight, and the data plan is the most disposable cost you have, drop it like a bad habit...

Features don't affect your plan, so it isn't like you can't just add it back later.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-06-08 09:49 PM
    Keeping a proper and balanced budget is far more important than a data plan. If money is tight, and the data plan is the most disposable cost you have, drop it like a bad habit...

Features don't affect your plan, so it isn't like you can't just add it back later.

I agree...Data is just an added luxury of coolness (unless you need it for work)
    06-06-08 09:58 PM
    I have to agree with crazetoon and RE Pro, do what you need to do to. If it came down to it I'd give it up too. Making my mortgage is far more important than getting my mail and messages on the go.
    06-06-08 10:05 PM
    This is why unlocked phones and eliminating ETF's is essential. If he still wanted to retain certain features, he should be able to shop around and find a carrier that has a pricing plan that meets his financial needs, take his unlocked device without having to pay a ridiculous ETF and switch carriers!
    06-06-08 10:06 PM
    Both my Pearl and my Curve are unlocked, I'm just saying I get what he's saying. Locked or unlocked, if I ever need to cut corners, superfluous phone features are near the top of this list. I'll just have to communicate with the world the old school way, laptop, landline and sit down folks, snail mail
    06-06-08 10:12 PM
    you can still SMS and maybe MMS. MMS can be sent to and receive emails as well
    06-06-08 10:17 PM
    LadyD, I feel you regarding the soaring gas prices. Since I like my plan as it is and know that I couldnt get it like this with anyone else, I cut cost in other ways- like not ordering out everyday for lunch; maybe take it to work with me instead. Lunch usually runs me about $50-80 dollars a week. Thats 2 fill-ups right there.
    06-06-08 10:36 PM
    LadyD, I feel you regarding the soaring gas prices. Since I like my plan as it is and know that I couldnt get it like this with anyone else, I cut cost in other ways- like not ordering out everyday for lunch; maybe take it to work with me instead. Lunch usually runs me about $50-80 dollars a week. Thats 2 fill-ups right there.
    Funny you talk about ordering out. I order out almost every night at work and it gets expensive...i have tried to cut back on that as gas is getting a lot more expensive(along with everything else). For me, i had to cut down on other areas to "allocate" money for the $30 data plan on my BB. I cancelled my sirius satellite radio (13.89 a month) and getting my nails done (at least $50) bucks a month. I bought a nice manicure set and i actually destress myself by doing my nails. LOL. So it's all in where you need to save the money. Its getting tough these days for a poor college student who HAS to work full time while going to school full time just to live!!!
    06-07-08 12:01 AM
    blackberry w/o net...is simply a telephone
    06-07-08 12:03 AM
    LadyD, I understand. But I am NOT going to do my own nails. Its one of the pleasures after a long work week. Besides, mine are so long that if I did them myself, it would take hours. I just don't have that kind of time.

06-07-08 12:14 AM
    But what use is a Blackberry with a data plan when you are living on the street?

It's just a data plan, do what you need to do to cut corners.
    06-07-08 12:14 AM
    One of our local family-owned take out restuarants does a deal with our neighbor. She pays a set fee per week, say $30 and stops by the place at the same time every day. They have dinner ready for her. She doesn't get much of a choice but on the other hand she doesn't repeat the same meal over and over.

We just got my son a BB Pearl without the data plan. He gets SMS and if I need to download something to his Pearl I either do it as a PC download or I put my SIM card in his Pearl and access the Web thru my BB data package. Seems to working so far.
    06-07-08 01:08 AM
    Lunch usually runs me about $50-80 dollars a week. Thats 2 fill-ups right there.
    Heck it cost me $81.00 yesterday to fill up.
    06-07-08 01:11 AM
    Well maybe I should thank my lucky stars cuz I pay 60 cents a day for lunch everyday. Cooked fresh everyday that's including a drink and as much as you can eat
    06-07-08 02:12 AM
    blackberry w/o net...is simply a telephone
    Too true.
    06-07-08 02:25 AM
    In New York City, small cars are your friend. That being the case, I just came to enjoy driving a smaller car and even though I am in Virginia (temporarily... 6 years down, hopefully only 2 more), I still drive one. My wife primarily carts our kid around, so she has the "bigger car," but it is still a gas conscious 4 cylinder. That said, we spend about $120 a week on gas between the two. Yeah, like $500 a month on frikken gas for two "good gas mileage" vehicles...

I can't even imagine what it is like for multi-SUV families, or anyone similar. I would just like to know when the powers that be are going to stop stroking big oil, and actually stand up for us little people. Gas prices rise about $.15 every two to three weeks where I live. I certainly know that I don't get a $.15/hour raise every 2-3 weeks...
    06-07-08 10:05 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD