12-10-12 02:44 PM
34 12
tools
    ^^^
    THANK YOU!!

this is what im talking about. what are you REALLY missing out on?
    everything which a BIS data plan lets you do can be substituted, correct?

i just want further opinions on what i wont be getting, in case i have missed something in the OP

thanks for not being a parrot and blindly saying blackberry is useless without BIS
    RoseBud, would seem you are wrong.... lol.....
    The reason you are getting the differing replies is that you are making a statement and posing it in the form of a question. It would be like your parents saying, "Your going to bed without dinner youg man!" and you replying, "What do I care?"

Another words... There is no question being posted here but rather an opinion in the form of a question which is going to get labled as trolling. Just my two cents.
    MADBRADNYC likes this.
    04-05-12 08:15 AM
    Yep. Same cast of characters. All with thinly veiled trolling threads.
    04-05-12 08:53 AM
    What I missed using my blackberry curve without BIS:

1. facebook app - although I did find an old version that did work
    2. official twitter app
    3. having an integrated email app
    4. Windows live messenger

I guess there are alternatives to the above and everything else like the web browser and it might defeat the point in getting a blackberry but the hardware is so damn nice
    04-28-12 05:16 AM
    I don't have BIS or BES and I don't miss any of those apps that need it! My BB9900 and 9930 suit my needs without BIS/BES. I love the keyboard, Tasks, Memo, Logic Email, camera, Docs2go, perfect companion to my Playbook via Bridge, web browzer,Calendar. I don't miss BIS. I don't need any of those social apps that require BIS. Logic Mail works just as good as Gmail for me. I have a prepaid plan with TMO ($30 per month with 5gb data and 100 mins). I have voip on my BB9900. Bottom line, OP, is to make a descision based upon YOUR needs and not the masses who basically say that YOUR BB is neutered without BIS.
    anon5288998 likes this.
    04-28-12 05:40 AM
    Yep. Same cast of characters. All with thinly veiled trolling threads.
    Preach....
    04-28-12 05:59 AM
    well in the States my choice back when was $35 a month for BB or $30 for any other phone. I pay the $35 of course and I understand the extra $5 gets you not only BIS but also a real RIM tech support person when/if you have a problem that goes that far. If a BB cost me an extra $30 like it does where you are then there's no way I would have a BB or possible any phone as far as that goes. I just can't justify the cost much more than it is now. Its already a major part of my monthly budget
    04-28-12 07:28 AM
    What I missed using my blackberry curve without BIS:

1. facebook app - although I did find an old version that did work
    2. official twitter app
    3. having an integrated email app
    4. Windows live messenger

I guess there are alternatives to the above and everything else like the web browser and it might defeat the point in getting a blackberry but the hardware is so damn nice
    Would u mind sharing that old version of FB app?
    ......*please*.......
    04-28-12 09:20 AM
    i think that bis is ofcourse good but not the end of the world the only thing i think you willl miss out is on bbm and nothing else...gprs all the way
    12-10-12 02:41 PM
    I read the title then went right to page two and clicked reply. This isnt going to happen.
    12-10-12 02:44 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD