"BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY +5.04%, news)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, earned three acclaimed Red Dot Awards for the high design quality of its BlackBerry� Q10, BlackBerry� Q5 and BlackBerry� Z30 smartphones. This year, the Red Dot Award's international, 40-member expert panel evaluated 4,815 entries from 53 countries. Winners were selected based on the quality and innovative strength of each product."

BlackBerry Wins Three Prestigious Red Dot Awards for Product Design: Marketwire Business News - MSN Money

I've never heard of this award before...
    sk8er_tor, m1kr0 and UrbanGlowCam like this.
    07-07-14 09:01 AM
    " BlackBerry Limited (NASDAQ:BBRY +5.04%, news)(TSX:BB), a global leader in mobile communications, earned three acclaimed Red Dot Awards for the high design quality of its BlackBerry� Q10, BlackBerry� Q5 and BlackBerry� Z30 smartphones. This year, the Red Dot Award's international, 40-member expert panel evaluated 4,815 entries from 53 countries. Winners were selected based on the quality and innovative strength of each product."

BlackBerry Wins Three Prestigious Red Dot Awards for Product Design: Marketwire Business News - MSN Money

I've never heard of this award before...
    This explains the sudden stock jump! Thanks for sharing!
    07-07-14 09:05 AM
    Yeah they won an award last year for the z10 design

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 09:08 AM
    Congratulations to the BlackBerry design team.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 09:11 AM
    This explains the sudden stock jump! Thanks for sharing!
    Their stock is up quite a bit again, but I'm perplexed as to why. This award seems a bit obscure to be producing such a jump...
    07-07-14 09:11 AM
    They always win this... yet no one really thinks of "design" when they hear BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 09:19 AM
    Was staying at a Hotel that had a Beauty Pageant in it this weekend... Group got in the elevator and they all had awards, but the moms were fussing about the judges. Come to find out everyone gets and award and is considered "a" winner, but it seems that only one gets the prize.
    07-07-14 11:05 AM
    Their stock is up quite a bit again, but I'm perplexed as to why. This award seems a bit obscure to be producing such a jump...
    I thought that this maybe caused it: BlackBerry Sells German R&D Assets to Volkswagen (NASDAQ: BBRY) - 24/7 Wall St.

since Friday was the 4th of July in the U.S.

Design awards usually don't move the needle. Reducing costs, freeing up cash etc, usually does.
    07-07-14 11:50 AM
    Stock is up bc of the health initiative in india

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 04:14 PM
    no the stock is up because Mobile Iron got a big thumps up from a group of analysts meaning MDM space is growing rapidly which of course BB is right smack dab in.

To the topic whats the list of the other Red Dot awards. I'm not presuming BB ran the slate clean on mobile that would be a stupendous feat.
    07-07-14 05:17 PM
    no the stock is up because Mobile Iron got a big thumps up from a group of analysts meaning MDM space is growing rapidly which of course BB is right smack dab in.

To the topic whats the list of the other Red Dot awards. I'm not presuming BB ran the slate clean on mobile that would be a stupendous feat.
    I think companies nominate their products with an entry fee.
    07-07-14 05:30 PM
    Not a surprise to anyone that can see through the NSA media propaganda of BlackBerry hate to understand that BlackBerry makes the best phones and OS.

Posted via CB10
    07-07-14 05:35 PM
    I think companies nominate their products with an entry fee.
    Perhaps a list will be forthcoming later. My googling found the Motorola IT.6 which is a home cordless phone also won an award. Kudos to BB its in good company.
    07-07-14 05:42 PM
    I thought that this maybe caused it: BlackBerry Sells German R&D Assets to Volkswagen (NASDAQ: BBRY) - 24/7 Wall St.

since Friday was the 4th of July in the U.S.

Design awards usually don't move the needle. Reducing costs, freeing up cash etc, usually does.
    Agree. Congratulations to BlackBerry. However, for some reason, I'm not so excited about this award as much...

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    07-07-14 05:47 PM
    Perhaps a list will be forthcoming later. My googling found the Motorola IT.6 which is a home cordless phone also won an award. Kudos to BB its in good company.
    I think this is the Product Design Category winners gallery for this year:

online-exhibition | Red Dot Award: Product Design

Some listings (apart from BB10 devices):

• Sony Xperia C
    • Moto TC55
    • LG G2
    • LG G Flex
    • Xbox One
    • Nokia New asha
    • Nokia Lumia 2520
    • Kobo Arc Tablet
    • Kobo Aura ereader
    • Xperia M
    • Xperia Z1
    • iPhone 5C
    • iPhone 5S

... to name a few. Several non-name brand devices too.
    07-07-14 06:29 PM
    ah I see now. If you limit it to communication devices. you can see the panel. So red dot is kind of a high design standards thing rather than exclusive category awards.
    07-07-14 06:41 PM