From my current experience with 2 different computers and multiple attempts, i have come to the conclusion that blackberry desktop manager 4.7 and windows 7 do not go well together. I have found that after installing the manager straight from the blackberry website, windows 7 msi installer and uninstaller breaks including windows update. If anyone else is running windows 7 and has 4.7 installed tell me please if you can use windows update or does it crash explorer. If so, you wont be able to uninstall programs either and will have to roll back on a system restore to fix the problem.

Also do not attempt to upgrade a blackberry OS while using windows 7. It will freeze at uploading ram image and if you wipe it with jl command you will not be able to install the new os... You must do that from a windows xp or vista machine (sounds strange but have attempted many many times)
    01-19-09 02:23 PM
    I guess since it's (Win 7) so new, the drives haven't yet been released?
    01-19-09 02:25 PM
    I guess since it's (Win 7) so new, the drives haven't yet been released?
    Techincally Windows 7 is suppose to be a rebuild ontop of the vista platform (thus vista drivers should work) but for some reason they are causing conflicts. Wubi (ubuntu windows installer) has the same problem while creating the boot loader
    01-19-09 02:26 PM
    I have DM 4.7 running on Windows 7 and have had NO problems with it
    01-19-09 02:31 PM
    Have you tried installing it with compatibility mode on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-19-09 02:38 PM
    there is a post on storm updates about it not allowing you to update to leaked os it will brick storm. so i dont think it will work that well but i bet dm should work.
    01-19-09 02:42 PM
    no Dm causes msi installer to break.. works before i install dm.. install dm and all msi install and uninstall break..
    have to system restore.. works fine after dm is rolled back to uninstall with system restore
    01-19-09 02:58 PM
    I have it working on Windows 7 without problems.

as fightclub said run it in compatibility mode

right click on the DM icon, select properties, then the compatibility tab, and select "Run this program in compability mode for" then select Windows XP
    01-19-09 03:02 PM
    Ok I do go on a pc hear and there. What the heek is (win 7)?

01-19-09 03:13 PM
    It's the upcoming new version of Windows, still in beta right now

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=Td5k_mEm
    01-19-09 03:18 PM
    Tried it.. still broke the msi installer for windows 7... yes desktop manager works fine for me in windows 7, it is everything else that breaks.. try running windows update and tell me if that works please...
    01-19-09 04:20 PM

right click on the DM icon, select properties, then the compatibility tab, and select "Run this program in compability mode for" then select Windows XP
    What is compatibility mode and how do you do this? (Sorry, I'm a Mac user).
    02-12-09 11:10 PM
    I have DM 4.7 running on Windows 7 and have had NO problems with it
    Have you tried installing it with compatibility mode on?

Yes, but have you tried doing an OS upgrade with Win7? Numus is saying that Win7 doesn't work for OS upgrades, I think you are both saying DM works with Win7 for the other stuff like backups?

I've seen more than a few posts where Win7 caused problems on OS upgrade attempts using DM version 4.5, 4.6, and 4.7
    02-13-09 02:32 AM
    It is important to remember that Windows 7 IS a Beta and currently in Beta testing. That testing will end in August of this year.

IMO It is best to stick with firm versions of Windows when working with BB as Windows 7 is still buggy and will be.

There have been many instances of people having problems updating there BB's with Windows 7. I would rather be safe than sorry. I have Windows 7 on a separate partition of my computer, however do not use it for my BB, I've seen too many headaches with it.

~Jazzi~

02-13-09 10:41 AM
    I am running DM 4.6 without media manager on Windows 7. No probs. Not using compatibility mode and it's extremely stable. Even able to run BB Update (BlackBerry - Update your Device Software) without any issues (Handheld Application Loader on XP and Vista on two separate machines would crash on update)
    Last edited by itsamac; 02-13-09 at 01:32 PM.
    02-13-09 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD