I have the Blackberry Curve 8300. It's in pretty good shape, except for the fact that it will not charge. I haven't done anything to cause it to break. And yes, I've tried getting a new battery, trying a different charger, etc. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix this? Please help! I don't know what to do. It'd be very helpful if someone would just help. :/
    Last edited by Tre423; 12-08-08 at 07:22 PM.
    12-08-08 07:04 PM
    This happened to my wifes phone where 2 of the pins in the charging receptacle on the phone got bent a little. If you look at the connector the 4 pins should all be straight across and come straight out against the plastic. All I had to do was get a push pin or some other small device that would fit in there and push the pins down near the base so they would stay where they are supposed to be.

Hope this help out!
    12-08-08 07:32 PM
    You can order a new charger port off ebay have someone who is good at fixing electronics these are tricky to get apart and back together, lot of little pieces. A second choice is an external battery charger and spare battery you can just swap batteries out and if you get the dock set like I have the phone charges from the copper connectors at the bottom of the battery door.
    Check out ebay I know how it is switchin phones. Have to re give out your pin and every blackberry has it own attitude lol .

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-08-08 09:26 PM
    If you don't have any signs of physical or moisture damage on the device this could be a software issue. Allow a store technician to look at the phone and provide you with replacement options.
    12-09-08 12:30 AM
    I had the same problem with my last 8830. It was in perfect condition. Then all of a sudden a few of my pins fell out. Took it to the Sprint store, and it couldn't be fixed...so they sent me a new one. But the person who said try ebay for a new charging port just gave good advice. I shoulda thought of that! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-08 09:06 AM
    One culprit is the flush mount USB adapter. It is fragile and expensive to repair when damaged.

Charging and data have separate connections, it is possible to break one while the other works, for a while.
    12-09-08 11:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD