That doesn't happen in your life? I had to walk home barefoot the other day because someone made me a crazy offer on my shoes.
    Thanks for making me spit my coffee. Wiping my tablet now.

*ME173X
    Ronindan likes this.
    03-27-16 09:45 PM
    More and more Apple users are making the switch to Android for many reasons. And why shouldn't they? Android offers a much better and more customizable OS than Apple. And if more and more consumers flock to Android, BlackBerry can have time to shine bright with their Android devices. Just not with the Priv though because it sucks... Lol
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe apple stated that 30% of the iPhones sold ( I believe in the 4th qtr of 2015) were to android users. I checked out the PRIV and to be quite honest, it looks like a dated device. Samsung, Sony, htc, and lg makes better looking devices. I would love to see bb release a high end touch screen android device.
    03-27-16 09:47 PM
    Reading all this does not make me miss the days of having bb and saying next year will be the year. Have had iPhones since 4s and every phone is an improvement from the previous. Both hardware and software!
    Elephant_Canyon and Tabdus like this.
    03-27-16 10:58 PM
    Blackberries are still made in Mexico, Malaysia and Indonesia (unless I am mistaken). Also you posted this claim " Because if there's one thing Mexicans love, it's BlackBerry." So how can Mexicans love blackberry and yet do not know that blackberry still makes smartphones while it is still being manufactured in their own country??

It is like saying that the reason Canadians do not buy BBs because there is not enough BB ads in Canada.

Well, I have met Canadians, even one working in IT, who were not aware of BB10 devices.
    03-27-16 11:00 PM
    Well, I have met Canadians, even one working in IT, who were not aware of BB10 devices.
    Thanks for proving my point exactly! Most people know BlackBerry for their legacy devices. Not many are aware of their BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 11:53 PM
    Sure you did. I am Canadian and bb ads run in all Canadian tv and cable networks. BB ads can be seen during raptors and maple leafs games since BB is a major sponsor of MLSE. During the Toronto Pan Am games bb ads was very visible. And more importantly all Canadian carriers sell the latest bb as well.
    JeepBB likes this.
    03-28-16 12:07 AM
    Thanks for proving my point exactly! Most people know BlackBerry for their legacy devices. Not many are aware of their BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    so how many of those people that offered to buy your bb, went out to get one for themselves?
    03-28-16 12:09 AM
    so how many of those people that offered to buy your bb, went out to get one for themselves?
    What's your problem? Do you not believe anything I say or what?

Posted via CB10
    03-28-16 12:17 AM
    Apple crush lemonade... :-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    03-28-16 12:29 AM
    Sure you did. I am Canadian and bb ads run in all Canadian tv and cable networks. BB ads can be seen during raptors and maple leafs games since BB is a major sponsor of MLSE. During the Toronto Pan Am games bb ads was very visible. And more importantly all Canadian carriers sell the latest bb as well.
    Well, I certainly did not see any BlackBerry ads during the Panam games.
    I did not go to the games, though. Most people didn't.

I don't know about the last 7 months because I have been out of the country, but since Chen joined BlackBerry there have been no BlackBerry ads (bb10) on the major Canadian tv channels.

Yes, there are some on the boards at hockey games, in the stands maybe, but not on TV.
    Most of the subway, bus and streetcar stops in Toronto have Apple and Samsung ads. Not a single one has a BlackBerry ad.
    And certainly the Rogers stores employees would do their best to discourage people from bB10 phones in Toronto.
    Few carried the passport on display.

While you can argue whether ads would have saved BB10, there is no denying that, even in Toronto, there is 100 times more marketing of Apple and Samsung devices than of BlackBerry ones, especially BB10, since Chen became CEO.
    People had to go out of their way to buy a Passport in Toronto, mostly online.

Afterall, one of the first decisions Chen made when he joined was to fire the VP of marketing and remove the position. Nobody was hired instead.

It is actually a miracle that BlackBerry still had over 20% of the market in Canada in 2014, given the anti Blackberry propaganda in the Canadian Press and carrier stores, and the lack of advertising.
    03-28-16 01:38 AM
    Not one ad in the USA....none.............no product placement in any ATT stores or Verizon......None. Great job by BB!.........

Woof!
    05-01-16 06:45 PM
    Lower device sales for Apple, but far from being crushed.

*A3-A20
    05-01-16 11:20 PM
    Not one ad in the USA....none.............no product placement in any ATT stores or Verizon......None. Great job by BB!.........

Woof!
    Probably not recently no. Same story here in the UK.

There was however a tonne of advertising and marketing during the Z10/Q10 launches back in 2013.

Perhaps the new sales guy will change things, but I think the lack of advertising is telling. My take is that BB have decided that further promotion of phones is a waste of money and time. As folk here will know, I'm convinced Hardware is a dead man walking and that no further BB phones will ever appear. While it's easy to make the facts fit the theory, everything that has unfolded thus far tends to support my theory that Chen's plan to exit unprofitable hardware and focus of software remains as "the plan".

I'm sure BB are still advertising their enterprise software'y things, as they did at MWC, but phones...? No. As said, with sales continuing to be in the dumpster, and nothing "new and shiny" to sell, what would be the point of advertising?
    05-02-16 05:18 AM
    Lower device sales for Apple, but far from being crushed.
    It's quite interesting that iPhone sales seem to have plateaued. I vaguely recall reports of Samsung's sales slowing from last year too.

I do wonder if history books of the future will mark "now" as when the saturation point for mobile phones was reached. There simply aren't any potential customers out there who don't already have a phone... so growth will slow to a level that reflects existing customers swapping what they have for a new phone every year or so.
    05-02-16 05:25 AM
    I am Canadian and bb ads run in all Canadian tv and cable networks
    I live in Alberta, so I must have missed those ads. Never seen one on TV except the first BB 10 when it came out
    05-02-16 09:14 AM
    It's quite interesting that iPhone sales seem to have plateaued. I vaguely recall reports of Samsung's sales slowing from last year too.

I do wonder if history books of the future will mark "now" as when the saturation point for mobile phones was reached. There simply aren't any potential customers out there who don't already have a phone... so growth will slow to a level that reflects existing customers swapping what they have for a new phone every year or so.
    The markets not saturated are China and India and both of those are lower cost devices. China shutting down Apple's support stores were enough for Ichan to sell his entire stake in Apple. (He made 2 Billion of course) The hand writing on the wall, in addition to saturation, is a lower price point per unit. Apple lost 75 Billion in value the last three business days. Yikes!

I used a iPhone 6s Plus for the past week and a half. Great camera and video. Also like the similarity of BlackBerry in that apps don't update all the darn time like Android and my Samsung tablets. And that Apple controls the hardware and software. Other than that there was/is nothing I found innovative and earth shattering that would have me use one. If I liked and wanted the 6S Plus my dad said it was mine to keep. (He is retired and buys and sells phones all the time) Because my needs revolve around email and email management and I have not found Android or Apple as good it's still BlackBerry and BlackBerry 10 for me. I'll use my BlackBerry 10 at least through the next two updates. iPhone at its present cost is overrated (touch 3D and live pictures are nothing but gimmicks in my opinion). A iPhone 6s in the 300-400 dollar range is probably more appropriate given the S7, HTC 10 and G5.

The White Knight-BlackBerry Passport
    05-02-16 09:43 AM
    Probably not recently no. Same story here in the UK.

There was however a tonne of advertising and marketing during the Z10/Q10 launches back in 2013.

Perhaps the new sales guy will change things, but I think the lack of advertising is telling. My take is that BB have decided that further promotion of phones is a waste of money and time. As folk here will know, I'm convinced Hardware is a dead man walking and that no further BB phones will ever appear. While it's easy to make the facts fit the theory, everything that has unfolded thus far tends to support my theory that Chen's plan to exit unprofitable hardware and focus of software remains as "the plan".

I'm sure BB are still advertising their enterprise software'y things, as they did at MWC, but phones...? No. As said, with sales continuing to be in the dumpster, and nothing "new and shiny" to sell, what would be the point of advertising?
    Your right......my only caveat to this was the Priv came out nothing at all......but once and only once during one of the debates. The Priv would pop up, no explanation nothing....so that was as good as nothing.

Woof!
    05-02-16 01:42 PM
    Your right......my only caveat to this was the Priv came out nothing at all......but once and only once during one of the debates. The Priv would pop up, no explanation nothing....so that was as good as nothing.

Woof!
    To be honest, I'm equally surprised at the Priv's soft-launch. A few strange monochrome ads that might have been intended as promos for a 'Psycho' remake, a couple of speeches from Chen... and that seemed to be it.

I can't explain it. It's almost as if BB were slightly embarrassed by finally having to rely on an Android phone to save BB's hardware division. On the other hand, you only have to read the Priv forums to realise that the Priv, and the BB Apps, aren't there yet. So maybe they were unsure whether to raise the Priv's profile too far in case they highlighted Priv's unfinished condition.
    05-02-16 03:11 PM
    To be honest, I'm equally surprised at the Priv's soft-launch. A few strange monochrome ads that might have been intended as promos for a 'Psycho' remake, a couple of speeches from Chen... and that seemed to be it.

I can't explain it. It's almost as if BB were slightly embarrassed by finally having to rely on an Android phone to save BB's hardware division. On the other hand, you only have to read the Priv forums to realise that the Priv, and the BB Apps, aren't there yet. So maybe they were unsure whether to raise the Priv's profile too far in case they highlighted Priv's unfinished condition.
    Woof and double Woof!
    05-02-16 03:17 PM
    Woof and double Woof!
    Would that be WWOOF?

;-D

�   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   �
    05-03-16 01:02 AM
    Would that be WWOOF?

;-D

•   There's a Crack in the Berry right now...   •
    double Woof for you!
    05-03-16 07:04 AM