There are more Android users than Apple. It's a fact.
    Zero correlation with *switching*.

Of course there are competition in the Android market, but I strongly believe BlackBerry can dominate the Android market. Samsung is becoming more and more like Apple; they aren't producing anything game changing. Just the same old slabs.

Posted via CB10
    You are aware that while Samsung is slipping a little against Hwawei et al, the company still sells a lot of phones and aggressively dominates the true high end Android phones? BBRY isn't even in the same arena. "Game changing" is great but doesn't happen often enough in an industry to guarantee success. Good management is key and BBRY doesn't do well in this area.

How does BBRY enter a mature, entrenched system and dominate? This is incredibly difficult. If you strongly believe it, it would be good to hear your reasoning.
    03-26-16 12:40 PM
    Zero correlation with *switching*.

You are aware that while Samsung is slipping a little against Hwawei et al, the company still sells a lot of phones and aggressively dominates the true high end Android phones? BBRY isn't even in the same arena. "Game changing" is great but doesn't happen often enough in an industry to guarantee success. Good management is key and BBRY doesn't do well in this area.

How does BBRY enter a mature, entrenched system and dominate? This is incredibly difficult. If you strongly believe it, it would be good to hear your reasoning.
    By producing more Android phones every year. A lot of Priv reviews say that the Priv is great but they're waiting for the Priv 2. If BlackBerry plays its cards right and produces quality hardware that's in par with Samsung and other companies, I believe they'll make their mark like none other. They have many great features that Samsung's TouchWiz doesn't. Android market doesn't have a closed barrier.. Huawei used to be some cheap Chinese handset company that produced low end devices years ago and now look at where they are now. But for BlackBerry to make its mark in the android market they'll have to start a series of flagship phones and just keep rolling with that every year.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 02:27 PM
    The only explanation for crushing would be in BBRY share price.

Logically, 7 usd increase in bbry share price would give you like 100% growth, while 7 usd in aapl would provide you just 7%

And basically, bbry has more growth potential.

CB10 on PP SE in UK on 3
    03-26-16 02:49 PM
    A BlackBerry has more water content and softer so it will be easier for an Apple to crush them.

Posted via CB10
    MikeX74, JeepBB, donnation and 1 others like this.
    03-26-16 02:53 PM
    But for BlackBerry to make its mark in the android market they'll have to start a series of flagship phones and just keep rolling with that every year.

Posted via CB10
    And what features would this series of flagship phones have that would distinguish it in the sea of sameness that is Android? The Hub? If it was as must-have as it's made out to be in this forum, wouldn't BB devices sell better than they do now? A PKB? Same thing. The camera? The S7 has the best camera of any smartphone(right now, anyway. We'll see what Apple can do this fall). BBM? Not when WhatsApp exists and already has a larger user base. Your premise also counts on the company's leadership being able to make better decisions and execute better than they've shown they're capable of.
    JeepBB and TGR1 like this.
    03-26-16 03:23 PM
    And what features would this series of flagship phones have that would distinguish it in the sea of sameness that is Android? The Hub? If it was as must-have as it's made out to be in this forum, wouldn't BB devices sell better than they do now? A PKB? Same thing. The camera? The S7 has the best camera of any smartphone(right now, anyway. We'll see what Apple can do this fall). BBM? Not when WhatsApp exists and already has a larger user base. Your premise also counts on the company's leadership being able to make better decisions and execute better than they've shown they're capable of.
    What new features does Samsung and Apple put out in their phones? It's the same thing with little tweaks here and there. Nothing new at all. All BlackBerry needs to do is bring what they already have and introduce it hardcore to the Android market. The Priv isn't the best starter of a flagship, in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 05:01 PM
    All BlackBerry needs to do is bring what they already have and introduce it hardcore to the Android market. The Priv isn't the best starter of a flagship, in my opinion

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Is that all they have to do? Introduce some features "hardcore" and BlackBerry wins? The company doesn't have to tell consumers what these magical features are and how they'll benefit from them? The company doesn't have to make good decisions and execute on those decisions effectively? All they have to do is go with what they have and introduce it "hardcore?" News flash: 99% of the buying public isn't interested in what BB has introduced, and the company only has itself to blame.
    03-26-16 05:44 PM
    D.B.S. (don't be silly!) :-(
    03-26-16 05:57 PM
    Lol. Is that all they have to do? Introduce some features "hardcore" and BlackBerry wins? The company doesn't have to tell consumers what these magical features are and how they'll benefit from them? The company doesn't have to make good decisions and execute on those decisions effectively? All they have to do is go with what they have and introduce it "hardcore?" News flash: 99% of the buying public isn't interested in what BB has introduced, and the company only has itself to blame.
    I just went into my local Tmobile shop and asked them how the Priv was selling. Guess what they said? They said they were selling really good. Only few people returned it and those people were BB10 users who complained about the phone not being "BlackBerry" enough. Those are the store's manager's word, not mine. If the Priv is selling that good WITHOUT any advertising of any sort, imagine what they could do if BlackBerry properly marketed the phone.

BlackBerry phones speak for themselves. Their productivity has never been doubted. Ask anyone who doesn't even use a BlackBerry phone and they'll tell you the same thing, that BlackBerry phones are great. The public isn't buying any BlackBerry phones because the public doesn't even know they still exist! Seriously almost everyone who saw my Classic thought it was a Bold. Who's to blame for the people not knowing BB10 devices? I really believe BlackBerry can be a household name again if they market their devices more. The Priv is the perfect example. The only reason I believe the Priv is selling well is because it stands out amongst the other slabs out there.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-16 11:46 PM
    I wish BB continues producing BB devices as well. There are lots of honest BB fans across the world. Hope John Chen is listening.
    03-27-16 02:18 AM
    I wish BB continues producing BB devices as well. There are lots of honest BB fans across the world. Hope John Chen is listening.
    Not enough of them exist for Chen to care.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 02:29 AM
    I think it's time to accept BBRY won't beat APPL head on, especially overnight. They need to focus on what works and were they still have strength, so definitely a strong showing in Enterprise and Government solutions. What I was happy to see was they still make a camera-less device, a Classic, which shows they are still serious to keep their security conscious clients. What they also need to do is really solidify their partnership with Ford, this is how you can devastate Apple and Google. Both want to be major players in the auto infotainment biz, the biggest con is they are NOT cross platform and to make things worse a number of manufactures are pledge allegiance to one or the other. On the other hand QNX's CAR system is universal and the core of Ford's SYNC 3 and SmartDeviceLink, huge advantage of Ford now is giving its customers the ability to control which app they want, meaning CarPlay or Android auto will run on top of the QNX. Recently Toyota signed on to an agreement with Ford and QNX to use the technology in their cars. This is an excellent example of how BBRY can continue to be viable and should work on more projects such as this.
    03-27-16 03:16 AM
    I just went into my local Tmobile shop and asked them how the Priv was selling. Guess what they said? They said they were selling really good. Only few people returned it and those people were BB10 users who complained about the phone not being "BlackBerry" enough. Those are the store's manager's word, not mine. If the Priv is selling that good WITHOUT any advertising of any sort, imagine what they could do if BlackBerry properly marketed the phone.

BlackBerry phones speak for themselves. Their productivity has never been doubted. Ask anyone who doesn't even use a BlackBerry phone and they'll tell you the same thing, that BlackBerry phones are great. The public isn't buying any BlackBerry phones because the public doesn't even know they still exist! Seriously almost everyone who saw my Classic thought it was a Bold. Who's to blame for the people not knowing BB10 devices? I really believe BlackBerry can be a household name again if they market their devices more. The Priv is the perfect example. The only reason I believe the Priv is selling well is because it stands out amongst the other slabs out there.

Posted via CB10
    That's great, but that's one store. Let's hope the same is happening in more places.
    03-27-16 07:35 AM
    Anyone know if the Priv is available in Mexico? Because if there's one thing Mexicans love, it's BlackBerry. I live in a city very close to Mexico and I always get compliments on my Classic by none other than Mexicans. In fact the only person I saw with a Priv was a guy from Mexico!

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 01:02 PM
    Anyone know if the Priv is available in Mexico? Because if there's one thing Mexicans love, it's BlackBerry. I live in a city very close to Mexico and I always get compliments on my Classic by none other than Mexicans. In fact the only person I saw with a Priv was a guy from Mexico!

Posted via CB10
    Not at the moment. And I am not sure if BB is as popular in Mexico as you think. Currently BB's market share there is around 2%.

? Smartphone sales OS market share Mexico 2013-2015 | Statistic
    03-27-16 04:02 PM
    Not at the moment. And I am not sure if BB is as popular in Mexico as you think. Currently BB's market share there is around 2%.

? Smartphone sales OS market share Mexico 2013-2015 | Statistic
    That's because Mexicans don't know that BlackBerry still makes phones. That's why when many of them see my Classic they get surprised and say "BlackBerry still makes phones?". BlackBerry's marketing really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 04:07 PM
    That's because Mexicans don't know that BlackBerry still makes phones. That's why when many of them see my Classic they get surprised and say "BlackBerry still makes phones?". BlackBerry's marketing really sucks.

Posted via CB10
    Blackberries are still made in Mexico, Malaysia and Indonesia (unless I am mistaken). Also you posted this claim " Because if there's one thing Mexicans love, it's BlackBerry." So how can Mexicans love blackberry and yet do not know that blackberry still makes smartphones while it is still being manufactured in their own country??

It is like saying that the reason Canadians do not buy BBs because there is not enough BB ads in Canada.

TgeekB, TGR1 and Elephant_Canyon like this.
    03-27-16 04:16 PM
    Blackberries are still made in Mexico, Malaysia and Indonesia (unless I am mistaken). Also you posted this claim " Because if there's one thing Mexicans love, it's BlackBerry." So how can Mexicans love blackberry and yet do not know that blackberry still makes smartphones while it is still being manufactured in their own country??

It is like saying that the reason Canadians do not buy BBs because there is not enough BB ads in Canada.

Because BlackBerry just vanished from the eyes of many. Many people think my Classic is a Bold, because that's the last device people remember from BlackBerry. So you can't blame people for not knowing BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 05:46 PM
    Because BlackBerry just vanished from the eyes of many. Many people think my Classic is a Bold, because that's the last device people remember from BlackBerry. So you can't blame people for not knowing BB10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    I am not blaming anyone. You are the one claiming that Mexicans love blackberry and when I showed you data about the low market share of BB in Mexico, you claimed that Mexicans don't know blackberry is still in the smartphone market. Which I pointed out that does not make sense since BB are still made in Mexico (including the priv) and that is public knowledge(it is not a secret). More importantly if someone loves something - why do they need to be reminded that thing they love is still in the market.
    Tabdus likes this.
    03-27-16 06:47 PM
    I am not blaming anyone. You are the one claiming that Mexicans love blackberry and when I showed you data about the low market share of BB in Mexico, you claimed that Mexicans don't know blackberry is still in the smartphone market. Which I pointed out that does not make sense since BB are still made in Mexico (including the priv) and that is public knowledge(it is not a secret). More importantly if someone loves something - why do they need to be reminded that thing they love is still in the market.
    Just because BlackBerry is made in Mexico doesn't mean everyone there knows anything about BlackBerry. Yes Mexicans do love BlackBerry, but as they remember it back in the days. I've had offers for my phone because they had no idea BlackBerry was still in the market and they loved the fact it was touch screen and modern compared to the old BlackBerry. Heck there's even a pawn shop here by my house that has a giant painting of a BlackBerry Bold, symbolizing the Era where once everyone had a BlackBerry.

I'm speaking from experience. Heck why just Mexicans, many people don't even know BB10 exist. Just YouTube Priv videos and you'll see in the comments people saying "BlackBerry still exists?". Do a survey and you'll see hardly anyone knows about BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-16 07:34 PM
    Just because BlackBerry is made in Mexico doesn't mean everyone there knows anything about BlackBerry. Yes Mexicans do love BlackBerry, but as they remember it back in the days. I've had offers for my phone because they had no idea BlackBerry was still in the market and they loved the fact it was touch screen and modern compared to the old BlackBerry. Heck there's even a pawn shop here by my house that has a giant painting of a BlackBerry Bold, symbolizing the Era where once everyone had a BlackBerry.

I'm speaking from experience. Heck why just Mexicans, many people don't even know BB10 exist. Just YouTube Priv videos and you'll see in the comments people saying "BlackBerry still exists?". Do a survey and you'll see hardly anyone knows about BB10.

Posted via CB10
    So how many of these people that offered to buy your bb actually bought a bb for themselves?

Also at its peak (around 2012) BB's market share in Mexico was 34% of the market while Android was at 30%. But by 2013 BB market share in Mexico was 20% while Android's market share went up to 50%. Certainly that was not due to lack of advertising.
    Last edited by Ronindan; 03-27-16 at 07:52 PM.
    03-27-16 07:40 PM
    I've had offers for my phone because they had no idea BlackBerry was still in the market and they loved the fact it was touch screen and modern compared to the old BlackBerry.
    Come on now, did that really happen?
    Elephant_Canyon and Tabdus like this.
    03-27-16 07:52 PM
    Yes, no lie! The Classic is an irresistible device! That's why I got one even though I have the Passport SE lol
    03-27-16 09:31 PM
    So how many of these people that offered to buy your bb actually bought a bb for themselves?

Also at its peak (around 2012) BB's market share in Mexico was 34% of the market while Android was at 30%. But by 2013 BB market share in Mexico was 20% while Android's market share went up to 50%. Certainly that was not due to lack of advertising.
    It's gotta be something because I get shocked looks at my Classic and Passport, to which they have no clue even existed!
    03-27-16 09:32 PM
    That doesn't happen in your life? I had to walk home barefoot the other day because someone made me a crazy offer on my shoes.
    03-27-16 09:37 PM
96 1234