I just came across this article that strongly believes so. What do you guys think? I personally don't think BlackBerry can crush Apple, at least not yet.

BlackBerry Stock: The No. 1 Reason BlackBerry Could Crush Apple in 2016

Posted via CB10
    PantherBlitz and tanzarian like this.
    03-24-16 04:14 AM
    Nice info thanks let's be optimistic

Delivered by my Z30
    martinjdub and Smply_Rckless like this.
    03-24-16 04:27 AM
    The article is a month old but I just came across it. I don't know what the author is seeing but who knows, it could be true someday!

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:31 AM
    The article is a month old but I just came across it. I don't know what the author is seeing but who knows, it could be true someday!

Posted via CB10
    Someday pigs might grow wings and learn to fly, but it sure as hell ain't likely.
    03-24-16 04:35 AM
    How timely it is while listening to Aerosmith's song "Dream On", I came across this thread.

 📱📶
    JeepBB, TGR1, andy957 and 3 others like this.
    03-24-16 04:49 AM
    Interesting article, but never going to happen, the iPhone has been embedded into mainstream culture and that's not changing anytime soon.

I remember when Blackberry was in the same position back in the day, but Apple listened to what their customers asked for, delivered it and are being rewarded for their efforts. Basic business concepts 101.
    Someday pigs might grow wings and learn to fly, but it sure as hell ain't likely.
    BlackBerry crushing Apple can be possible. If they gave up on hardware completely and focus on software and other areas they can become a very profitable business.

Did you read the article by the way? The author is claiming that the reason BlackBerry will crush Apple is by going all Android.

Posted via CB10
    Xeak likes this.
    If you look past the headline, all he's actually saying is that BBRY could outperform AAPL in 2016 in pct gain/loss.

I think that's totally possible. Apple has some serious challenges in front of it this year and probably next year as well.
    thinkdan likes this.
    03-24-16 04:58 AM
    Interesting article, but never going to happen, the iPhone has been embedded into mainstream culture and that's not changing anytime soon.

I remember when Blackberry was in the same position back in the day, but Apple listened to what their customers asked for, delivered it and are being rewarded for their efforts. Basic business concepts 101.
    Well now BlackBerry is listening to the mass who've asked for an Android BlackBerry. I'm guessing BlackBerry will go all Android by next year and officially kill BB10.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 04:59 AM
    Key word being Might or Fantasy however best of luck to BB .
    03-24-16 05:14 AM
    If you look past the headline, all he's actually saying is that BBRY could outperform AAPL in 2016 in pct gain/loss.

I think that's totally possible. Apple has some serious challenges in front of it this year and probably next year as well.
    People are getting tired of the same design and the same look Apple has been pumping out. I mean seriously, the iPhone SE is nothing but the iPhone 5 all over again. Not to speak of the FBI mess they got themselves into. Apple is falling.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 05:14 AM
    This article is all about buying and selling stocks - aka picking stocks. More importantly the author is not talking about BB overtaking Apple but more on the potential increase blackberry stock. As stated in the article:

"But investors might not. In fact, there’s good reason to believe BlackBerry stock might outperform Apple in 2016."

Right at the get go the author is talking about the performance of BB's stock and not of the company as a whole. The current Apple stock price is $106.13 per share and BB current stock price $7.69 stock price. Of course an investor can potentially easily make profit on a BB stock since it is cheaper. Not so much for an Apple stock since the price has been hovering around $100 per share. In essence you have to pay more to buy apple stocks and in the same time your potential for profit in selling it is $7 per share (unlike a couple of years ago when the potential for profit was $20 - $40 per share)

Here are also couple of article from the same website (and one from the same author) this month and both are talking about the potential of Apple's stock price to skyrocket again. As mentioned before the original article is more of a commentary on buying and picking stocks and not in the performance of the companies mentioned. Unless you are buying stocks then the original article is irrelevant.

Apple Inc.: This Is Why Apple Stock Could Skyrocket in 2016

AAPL Stock: This Is Apple Inc.?s Next Big Thing
    03-24-16 05:22 AM
    This article is all about buying and selling stocks - aka picking stocks. More importantly the author is not talking about BB overtaking Apple but more on the potential increase blackberry stock. As stated in the article:

"But investors might not. In fact, there�s good reason to believe BlackBerry stock might outperform Apple in 2016."

Right at the get go the author is talking about the performance of BB's stock and not of the company as a whole. The current Apple stock price is $106.13 per share and BB current stock price $7.69 stock price. Of course an investor can potentially easily make profit on a BB stock since it is cheaper. Not so much for an Apple stock since the price has been hovering around $100 per share. In essence you have to pay more to buy apple stocks and in the same time your potential for profit in selling it is $7 per share (unlike a couple of years ago when the potential for profit was $20 - $40 per share)

Here are also couple of article from the same website (and one from the same author) this month and both are talking about the potential of Apple's stock price to skyrocket again. As mentioned before the original article is more of a commentary on buying and picking stocks and not in the performance of the companies mentioned. Unless you are buying stocks then the original article is irrelevant.

Apple Inc.: This Is Why Apple Stock Could Skyrocket in 2016

AAPL Stock: This Is Apple Inc.?s Next Big Thing
    I don't investors are gonna come flocking to buy shares from a dying company. I posted this article because I found it a bit laughable.
    03-24-16 05:35 AM
    BlackBerry crushing Apple can be possible. If they gave up on hardware completely and focus on software and other areas they can become a very profitable business.

Did you read the article by the way? The author is claiming that the reason BlackBerry will crush Apple is by going all Android.

Posted via CB10
    If Android were financially beneficial to all of its OEM's you might, might, have a point, but it's not. The only companies benefiting from Android are Google, because they have millions of people using their services, and Samsung, because they sell millions of phones and is the only Android vendor making decent money. For Android to be a benefit to BB, they actually have to sell phones in decent numbers, which would require some competency in marketing(among other things), which the company doesn't seem to possess.
    Last edited by MikeX74; 03-24-16 at 05:53 AM.
    03-24-16 05:41 AM
    I just came across this article that strongly believes so. What do you guys think? I personally don't think BlackBerry can crush Apple, at least not yet.

BlackBerry Stock: The No. 1 Reason BlackBerry Could Crush Apple in 2016

Posted via CB10
    Actually, the Author does make some sense. He is not saying that BlackBerry will crush Apple as a company. He is saying that BBRY stocks are undervalued at the moment and the %gain or upside of the value of the stocks could outperform APPL stocks.

Now, why would people buy stocks from a company barely breaking even? Again because of the upside. Blackberry has a lot of potential to earn in their software portfolio and the earnings on that side is recurring. Not like the earnings from hardware sales which is very fluctuating. (see other Android Manufacturers where one OEM is on top one year and the other is on top the other year). Apple growth has also already reached its saturation point. Their growth in the past few years where due to growth in Asian Market - China in particular. This market could potentially be lost due to the decline of China's economy.

So upside wise, BBRY has a higher upside. High risk, but higher upside. Buying APPL stocks may be lower risk but upside is low.

Again, article is about stocks and not about the company. Stock is all about risk and rewards.
    03-24-16 06:12 AM
    Can you nice people do my homework for me?
    Ronindan and john_v like this.
    03-24-16 06:44 AM
    Seems legit, but not this year. Need more security scandals for Appl.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-16 06:44 AM
    Are Blackberry and Apple even competitors? I'm not sure why they are even mentioned in the same categories anymore. One makes phones, computers, watches, tablets, peripherals, has a streaming service and a massive online library, and the other can't decide if they are even going to make the single piece of hardware that they currently make anymore.
    03-24-16 07:22 AM
    People are getting tired of the same design and the same look Apple has been pumping out. I mean seriously, the iPhone SE is nothing but the iPhone 5 all over again. Not to speak of the FBI mess they got themselves into. Apple is falling.

Posted via CB10
    You think the FBI situation was a mess for Apple? You clearly don't understand it if that's what you think. If anything they came out looking like a winner and that their phones are very secure.
    JeepBB, LazyEvul, Wezard and 5 others like this.
    03-24-16 09:09 AM
    Are Blackberry and Apple even competitors? I'm not sure why they are even mentioned in the same categories anymore. One makes phones, computers, watches, tablets, peripherals, has a streaming service and a massive online library, and the other can't decide if they are even going to make the single piece of hardware that they currently make anymore.
    ^^^
    This!!!!!

Posted via CB10
    Smply_Rckless likes this.
    03-24-16 09:17 AM
    You think the FBI situation was a mess for Apple? You clearly don't understand it if that's what you think. If anything they came out looking like a winner and that their phones are very secure.
    The only issue in the whole story is that it is a 5C. Had it been a 6, it would have been a bigger home run for Apple.

But I agree this was a net win for Apple and yet another brilliant bit of PR. Love them or hate them, you have admire how quickly and effectively they seize opportunities.
    JeepBB, MikeX74, TgeekB and 1 others like this.
    03-24-16 09:19 AM
    Only skimmed the article it sees BB as a startup - But time and time again it hasn't gotten the traction and you can't compare it to a startup. You could always hope for a buyout but that goes for any techcompany in straights and you got the Canada / China problem so to hope for a buyout of BB is a fundamentally a bad investment.
    03-24-16 09:30 AM
    Okay... sure...

It is entirely possible that BBRY could rise 100% to $15.12 over the next year. That would give BBRY a market capitalization of almost $8 billion.

It is highly, highly unlikely that AAPL will rise 100%, to $210.68 over the next year. That would give AAPL a market cap of $1.2 TRILLION . (That would be 1/10th the GDP of the United States, by the way.)

So, sure, if you want to a non-zero chance of doubling your money, buy BBRY!
    03-24-16 10:28 AM
    Seems legit, but not this year. Need more security scandals for Appl.

Posted via CB10
    Like the iCloud breaches that happened less than four months before the launch of the 6 and 6Plus? What happened? Apple sold more phones than Samsung in the following quarter and recorded the largest quarterly profit of any company...ever. More scandals like that?
    Elephant_Canyon and Sulaco757 like this.
    03-24-16 11:14 AM
    you guys talked about hardware.....What about BB's software?....isn't that come together?
    03-24-16 11:23 AM
96 123 ...