Hi all,
    I'm a newb to the blackberry and have a 9700. When using wifi do you have to turn off 3G to make sure downloads/uploads are being used solely by wifi? Or does all activity you do over the net auto switch to wifi? Thanks,
    12-02-09 10:04 AM
    it switches to wifi
    12-02-09 10:09 AM
    it switches to wifi
    Wrong.

Hi all,
    I'm a newb to the blackberry and have a 9700. When using wifi do you have to turn off 3G to make sure downloads/uploads are being used solely by wifi? Or does all activity you do over the net auto switch to wifi? Thanks,
    Yes you must disable AT&T's Network connection to not incur any charges. When you go to manage connections, make sure Wifi is the only one checked or otherwise you will be using AT&T's data.
    12-02-09 10:13 AM
    Wrong.

Yes you must disable AT&T's Network connection to not incur any charges. When you go to manage connections, make sure Wifi is the only one checked or otherwise you will be using AT&T's data.
    Thanks for the quick reply. For those of you who use wifi a lot, what do you use it for mostly? Off the top of my head, high usages apps include facebook, satellite radio...

Thanks,
    12-02-09 10:53 AM
    Thanks for the quick reply. For those of you who use wifi a lot, what do you use it for mostly? On the top of my head, high usages apps include facebook, satellite radio...
    I use it for Viigo, Bolt and when I use my native BB browser if possible. Also for when I'm downloading something to the device. But again, if you don't want to use your carriers network at all when on Wifi make sure you aren't connected to said carriers network.
    12-02-09 10:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD