Why do we call this smart phone "BlackBerry"? Enlighten me. Much appreciated.
    09-11-12 04:25 PM
    Simple search found this.

BlackBerry - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-11-12 04:27 PM
    It's not that exciting really. It's mostly because the devices are black.

RIM BlackBerry History: Origin of the Name "BlackBerry" | CIO Blogs
    Hgouck likes this.
    09-11-12 04:27 PM
    wikipedia doesn't tell me much.

"The name BlackBerry was coined by the marketing company Lexicon Branding."
    Last edited by Bruce leeroy; 09-11-12 at 04:33 PM.
    09-11-12 04:29 PM
    I got it. Thanks

Back in 2001, RIM apparently hired a consultancy called Lexicon Branding to find a fitting title for its wireless messaging devices. Understandably, RIM had been toying with various names that included and/or played on the word "e-mail." But after Lexicon convinced the company to consider other options—many folks subconsciously associate "e-mail" with work, and the word can, therefore, lead to raised blood pressure—someone noted that the tiny keys on RIM's older devices resembled a group of seeds.

The team then considered a variety of seeded fruits and vegetables before ultimately deciding on "BlackBerry," since RIM's devices were largely colored black at the time.
    09-11-12 04:31 PM
    Seems legit...

Why is Apple Apple?

Wiki, here we go again...
    09-11-12 04:33 PM
    They should call it "Smartberry" Or this website, Crackberry. cause its on crack sometimes.
    09-11-12 04:37 PM
    It was because the keys look like the seeds on a strawberry, but Strawberry didn't sound refined enough for a business tool.
    09-11-12 04:38 PM
    And here was me thinking they all got smashed one Friday and we're out mishearing the lyrics to some 70's classics

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R044sleOW6I[/YT]

Learn something new every day
    09-11-12 05:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD