I just got a Pearl today, and was trying to load the site with it. First, I spent 10 minutes trying to find the "Which BB are you using" box thinking it would resize the screen to fit better, then I decided just to log in and I accidentally hit enter without entering a password and it locked up on me, with the hourglass twirling repeatedly. I could not exit out of the browser, and had to pull the battery to get out of it. Is there an easier way to do this? It would help a LOT if there was not as much crap on the main page, such as all those old news articles and ads and junk.
    11-25-08 08:11 PM
    Sounds like your trying to view the full CB website on your phone...

You'll probably find mobile.crackberry.com a much better browsing experience on your Pearl
    11-25-08 08:17 PM
    Did you goto wap.cracberry.com ? That's the mobile friendly site. I never have an issue. And I have mine set to always keep me logged in and save my password.

Sorry you had issues off the getgo, besides a smaller screen on the pearl, that should be your only real issue.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-08 08:21 PM
    Actually its. http://wap.crackberry.com

11-25-08 08:21 PM
    Thanks, I will try the WAP site. What are the differences? Just the interface? Messages on there will appear on the regular site too, wont they?
    11-25-08 08:23 PM
    Thanks, I will try the WAP site. What are the differences? Just the interface? Messages on there will appear on the regular site too, wont they?
    The WAP site is a stripped down version of the full site so you can get around the Forum mostly. When you get to that first page, download the Crackberry Launcher which will put a CB launch icon on your phone. I'm on the WAP site right now as I type this.

My item that's still on the wish list is a "subscribe to post option" while on wap, so I can connect to a post of interest for later following. I currently will either post a *subscribe* or if I'm up for it I email a link to myself, which becomes a multi step process. OK, there I go rambling on again

Last edited by PvT; 11-25-08 at 08:31 PM.
    11-25-08 08:28 PM
    Sorry, I just HAD to LOL at this- as when I first bought my BB, one of the things I did was to log onto the CrackBerry site- and yeah, my reaction was pretty much "OMG-Eww.Ads. Scrolling. Buttons I can't find. Etc ad nausia."

Mobile CrackBerry - SO much better.
    11-25-08 08:31 PM
    Yeah I knew there must be a way to view the site easier, I just had to find it. On the Wap one now, much better. Now I just have to find a key shortcut to switch between multitap and SureType. And get used to qwerty.

11-25-08 08:46 PM
    Ahhh! The memories...its all coming back now...the WTF how *#-+@ far to I have to scroll till I get to what the *#-+@ I'm looking for on here.

To...u mean I've got to *#-+@scroll this much every*#-+@ time I reload?

Lmao...thank you WAP!

11-25-08 08:52 PM
    I just got a Pearl today, and was trying to load the site with it. First, I spent 10 minutes trying to find the "Which BB are you using" box thinking it would resize the screen to fit better, then I decided just to log in and I accidentally hit enter without entering a password and it locked up on me, with the hourglass twirling repeatedly. I could not exit out of the browser, and had to pull the battery to get out of it. Is there an easier way to do this? It would help a LOT if there was not as much crap on the main page, such as all those old news articles and ads and junk.
    Go under options and click Crackberry Launcher then change the viewing to "forum" that should help a LOT...I know it helped me. You can also change the icon color that way too...
    11-27-08 12:49 AM
    i also was like wtf when i tried to access crackberry from my new BB pearl. i thought the irony was ridiculous lol

one question though....can i use the wap without downloading the launch icon? im assuming the already testy pearl with memory leak would require memory usage to hold the launch icon and i cant spare any
    11-27-08 06:30 AM
    I always thought it was a pain too. I had
    no idea, thanks people.
    11-27-08 06:34 AM
    when i do a search on google it will bring me up to the wap site or mobile site and thats the case for most sites that i try to fine.
    11-27-08 08:55 AM
    I did this a bunch when I first got my BB on many different sites lol. Thankfully CB's mobile site is great
    11-27-08 12:11 PM
    I will admit, this site is not the prettiest or easiest to navigate when on the berry...I was actually quite surprised considering it is a berry website. I find pinstack a lot more user friendly, but both sites are practically the same as far as content.

11-27-08 12:21 PM
    And be sure to set up your browser for optimum viewing:

Browser Settings: Browser settings for improved view. While in your browser, press menu key> options> browser configuration> check all the boxes> make sure browser is set to internet browser> show images set to On WML and HTML Pages> emulation mode set to BlackBerry> click back and save.

11-27-08 12:41 PM
    My preference is Column view with cursor disabled.

The track ball jumps from link to link quickly, that is the most responsive setting for me.

Remember the old WAP site? Every time you followed a link, you had to do a refresh to see what had changed.

Some members got very frustrated becasue they never saw the many replies to their post.

11-27-08 12:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD