I have only had my BB for about a month so far, and needless to say im in love with it. But i was just a bit curious as to how these things hold up after a long period of time. Does anyone have any issues after a few years with their phone....keyboard malfunctions, trackball issues? Anything like that happen to any longtime crack addicts?
    06-21-08 03:00 PM
    I havent had a problem with any of my berry's, but they all seem like they enjoy going swimming occasionally i.e. puddle of water, toilet. Things like that.
    06-21-08 03:48 PM
    I havent had a problem with any of my berry's, but they all seem like they enjoy going swimming occasionally i.e. puddle of water, toilet. Things like that.
    OtterBox FTW?

I wonder how many people on this site actually use their same Berry for more than the length of 1 contract. From what I've seen it doesn't look like many keep using them that long.
    06-21-08 03:52 PM
    I never last my 2 years lol. Damn Verizon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-21-08 03:56 PM
    It all depends on how u treat it!!! Get a case/skin and dont use it as a hammer and u should be fine! Although I have never had the same phone for more than a year!
    06-21-08 03:56 PM
    I take such good care of my bb's, they last a while!
    06-21-08 03:57 PM
    I take care of mine as best I can, but as with anything i imagine they could break anytime. So far no major problems yet.
    06-21-08 04:44 PM
    Well I have an invisible shield for my screen and the seido hardcase (the burgandy with the titanium curve is sleek lookin). I was just more curious in regards to the most commonly used parts of the phone. Like the trackball and keyboard.

06-21-08 04:50 PM
    My 7290 and 8700 are still in perfect working order.
    06-21-08 05:04 PM
    I think I may speak for many when I say that a BlackBerry is like a tootsie pop- you know the one- how many licks does it take to get to the center-- one will never really know because I always want the newest and slickest one out there...

06-21-08 05:15 PM
    i've heard of problems in which the trackball gets stuck, but those are easily fixed. i've had mine for a few months now, and only one scratch! :-) invest in a case.
    06-21-08 05:17 PM
    I still have a 7250 in 100% working condition.

In 2008 I've used a 8830 (Got Jan 1st 2008) and a 8130 (Currently using).
    06-21-08 05:33 PM
    I havnt used my berry long enough to tell you.. i had two curve within 4 months and i should be in pace since the bold is coming lol
    06-21-08 05:51 PM
    they hold up pretty good my dad has had his pearl since the day they came out and all that i think should be replaced is the trackball. otherwise everything is holding up great(except scratches from him dropping it multiple time and a new lens that was but in cause it slid across a parking lot face down[the keyboard is fine]! these are some tough phones!
    06-21-08 06:11 PM
    My dad has kept 2 in working order over the years, (now unfortunately, sports an iPhone) me on the other hand, this is my first Berry, but from what I can tell, it'll last longer than my usual 6 months for a phone.
    06-21-08 06:47 PM
    My dad has kept 2 in working order over the years, (now unfortunately, sports an iPhone) me on the other hand, this is my first Berry, but from what I can tell, it'll last longer than my usual 6 months for a phone.
    you are just like me i have my first bberry and here my dad goes out and buys a iphone(he still has his blackberry as his main phone{thank god}).
    06-21-08 07:00 PM
    I'm on my first blackberry: I've had it for about 8 months and it still works like new (as it should), and, more impressively, I'm not bored by it yet. However, this may not always be the case; I have a friend who has gone through 3 white pearls in the course of a year due to major malfunctions... I guess it's the luck of the draw
    06-21-08 08:05 PM
    I usually only have my phone for about 6 months, after that I just get a newer one. Keepin it for more than a year is crazy to me

06-21-08 10:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD