No the Blackberry we love is NOT dead, my 9810 works just fine. When Blackberry makes a BB10 phone I like, for me the love can go on.
    04-20-14 12:52 AM
    The z10 was always supposed to be a midrange phone, IMO. It didn't even get the glass weave back.

Posted via CB10
    Here in the US the Z10 launched with a flagship price. 199.99 for a two year contract. That's on par with every other flagship smartphone. HTC One/M8, iPhone 5/5s, Galaxy S etc. What was BB thinking?
    04-20-14 03:10 AM
    Look at it this way, if Chen doesn't save BB, there is zero chance they will make things you as a customer would enjoy. So while the current focus may not be on things you like, don't you want them to be strong enough to make those things in the future??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    As a business owner myself, I can relate to what Mr Chen is going through. The first thing he has to do is stabilize the company and their revenue stream because without that, there will be no Blackberry.

I am also hoping that there will be a killer touchscreen device on the horizon, but until that time comes I can live with my z30 which I think is the best OS10 device Blackberry has built so far.

Sent from my z30 on T Mobile USA (10.2.1.2160)
    04-20-14 03:45 AM
    A phone doesn't have to have asinine specs to make me happy, I don't know about the rest of the "niche." I also don't know about the full touchscreen lovers either, but what made me love my very first BlackBerry was the awesome keyboard, and every BB thereafter. Being in 'that' camp, I'm satisfied because they're still making them, multiples in fact. Since they aren't killing the handset division too soon, who knows what announcements or rumored devices will pop up by winter or next year.
    04-20-14 03:54 AM
    You have to create the products for the people who want them. There is a large group of people (some very vocal on this site) who want the tool belt. There are a lot of 9900 users that I know that don't want to upgrade to the Q10 because they want it. You have to know your users and the market. Right now we only know that there will be the "Classic" that has the belt. It might be mocked by those who don't want it, but it will be greeted warmly by those who want it.
    And this is why Blackberry is heading the way it is.... People who don't like change are making it stay archaic. Chen thinks that yes focus on the enterprise when most are riding out their contacts and switching to Apple or Android. When the "Belt" was cool there was no other choice of devices, now each year the competition is leaping ahead by leaps and bounds and people here want to go backwards. Enjoy the ride , enjoy the devices but look at half the mods...even they aren't running BBRY's .... So sad for a once great company!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    Rolf Hed likes this.
    04-20-14 05:10 AM
    BlackBerry may end up making the things you want in 2015.

This year, though, they must stabilize the business. If you want BlackBerry to be strong enough financially to take risks on cutting edge new products, then your interests are actually aligned with the shareholders.

Also let's not forget Chen doesn't work for you or me. He works for the shareholders. They hired him to look after their investment.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Without the product users the shareholders won't need anyone looking after their interests. Businesses never seem to learn this reality.

Posted via CB10 on BlackBerry Q5
    04-20-14 05:53 AM
    lawguyman, I agree that a bb10 tablet that worked with our phones would sell -- if marketed correctly -- and may be essential to BB surviving in the smartphone business.

BB needs an ecosystem of gadgets that work. That Playbook vision with the Bridge was killer when it was working with the old OS. I almost wish I stuck with the old OS and kept my Playbook going. The two were a joy to use together.
    YES!

Of course, hardly any of plans for PlayBook were implemented. It never really did what was planned. So, the Mobile Computing vision that BlackBerry doesn't talk about anymore was never a reality.

This should still be BlackBerry's focus. It should be done in a way that BlackBerry would not lose billions again. Just order fewer components even if the devices cost more. This is how you can be successful as a niche player.

Posted via CB10
    04-20-14 06:50 AM
    YES!

Of course, hardly any of plans for PlayBook were implemented. It never really did what was planned. So, the Mobile Computing vision that BlackBerry doesn't talk about anymore was never a reality.

This should still be BlackBerry's focus. It should be done in a way that BlackBerry would not lose billions again. Just order fewer components even if the devices cost more. This is how you can be successful as a niche player.

Posted via CB10
    If they make a new tablet they will also need to have a great deal for the people who bought the PlayBook to buy the new one, and not be out there telling everyone they know "you don't want a BlackBerry tablet, remember what they did with the PlayBook". Those customers were never made whole. I not only was burnt myself, but in recommending the device to others telling them it would get BlackBerry 10, I had my credibility tarnished some when they didn't deliver. I won't be recommending a BlackBerry tablet to anyone, and would discourage them in fact until BlackBerry does something meaningful for that BS. Saying Sorry doesn't cut it. Trade up program, major discount off new tablet, something that says thank you instead of the FU they gave out with the PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    bambinoitaliano likes this.
    04-20-14 08:12 AM
    All the people here that are so in love with Chen are the same people who don't want BlackBerry to ever be great again. No cool phones. No software. Just gut the company.

BlackBerry should have been given a mandate by Canada like GM was given by the US. GM is making great cars now. And has paid back their loans. BlackBerry will never do that because Chen's goal is to kill the company not save it.

via CB10 using a Z10 / STL100-3 / RFK121LW / 10.2.1.2234 / T-Mobile USA
    I do not recall BlackBerry ever ask for a loan from the Canadian government. How is it relevant or even the same situation between the two companies?
    04-20-14 08:42 AM
    If you wanna be super trendy and have all singing, all dancing, all touch phones with a million apps and a newer model each year there are other options out there for you - please go take them and stop telling truly loyal BlackBerry customers that they are archaic or holding the company down.

Posted via CB10
    BitPusher2600 and acovey like this.
    04-20-14 09:06 AM
    Here in the US the Z10 launched with a flagship price. 199.99 for a two year contract. That's on par with every other flagship smartphone. HTC One/M8, iPhone 5/5s, Galaxy S etc. What was BB thinking?
    They weren't.
    04-20-14 09:17 AM
    If you wanna be super trendy and have all singing, all dancing, all touch phones with a million apps and a newer model each year there are other options out there for you - please go take them and stop telling truly loyal BlackBerry customers that they are archaic or holding the company down.

Posted via CB10
    This is not what I am saying at all.

One thing is for sure is that I don't think BlackBerry will survive by making the kinds of phones people used to want to buy five years ago.

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and Rolf Hed like this.
    04-20-14 09:55 AM
    No you are wrong. I viewed a Z30 side by side with the Nexus 5 and indeed a blog like this one is definitely clearer /sharper on the Nexus.
    Can you see all the pixels? Is the image pixelated?
    04-20-14 10:50 AM
    Can you see all the pixels? Is the image pixelated?
    I guess I must if I can see a difference. Others on this site have noted that the icons are less sharp on the Z30 vs the Z10. I do wear glasses with progressive lenses and how the screen displays text is important to me.

Still every device has a price. If you can buy a unlocked Nexus 5 for as low as $349 then the Z30 should sell for that price or less. I would pay more for a Q device though.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 04-20-14 at 12:27 PM.
    04-20-14 11:09 AM
    how many thread like this are there damnn... people just let them do their thing. Yes, this is a HUGE rough patch
    acovey likes this.
    04-20-14 12:14 PM
    It would be high end for 2012. A processor that keeps up in benchmark tests and wasn't about a year old on the device release. A good (and upgraded) camera. A screen that isn't pixelated and isn't dim. Apps would be nice.

EDIT: Like I said though, this isn't the place. Not the topic. If you want to talk about it, then PM me
    The low overhead of BB10 means it doesn't require a heavy processor for snappy performance. Processor speed isn't everything.
    04-20-14 12:16 PM
    The low overhead of BB10 means it doesn't require a heavy processor for snappy performance. Processor speed isn't everything.
    Low overhead? If you ask bbry developers they say otherwise
    BB10 is a resource hog and yes it is in crackberry forums specially on the Dev devices

Hence why it is the only phone that requires 2 gigs of memory with the Z3 and q10 being the only two exceptions

Why do you think we don't have it on playbook
    Doesn't run well on 1 gig of memory
    Android and ios all run smooth on 512 megs ram

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    04-20-14 01:43 PM
    Well I gotta tell ya a BlackBerry is for me a device for getting work done when I'm away and of course a phone. I personally don't need quad core movie watching mobile phones that search the net in a split second. My Z10 is all I need for email...and everything else.

Just my 2 cents, Cheers to all BB folks, JL

BTW: 9300, 9860, 9900, Z10
    PS-If one is board and looking for something to do pick up a good book or go met some friends.
    Last edited by JL54; 04-20-14 at 02:15 PM.
    acovey likes this.
    04-20-14 01:57 PM
    That's debatable, but this isn't the place.
    I disagree this is actually a perfect place for such discourse, care to elaborate why in your opinion the z30 isn't a high end device?

Posted via z30 STA100-5 the only high end business device on the market
    04-20-14 01:58 PM
    BB10 is a resource hog and yes it is in crackberry forums specially on the Dev devices

Hence why it is the only phone that requires 2 gigs of memory with the Z3 and q10 being the only two exceptions

Now I usually have no strong opinions on anything. This I really do. iOS, it might still function decently with 512MB. They've moved onto 1GB though and the older devices are quickly losing their update ability. As each update rolls out, more resources are being consumed. I wouldn't be surprised if they need to move to 2GB soon.

Android however, no apps are truly integrated and most are full of bloat. The days of anything less than 2GB of RAM have long since passed. Just the thought of trying to run KK on 512MB, it hurts to think. My Note 3, it has 3GB and it can make full use of that.

BlackBerry OS10, it has more functionality, like an Android, that requires resources. On my jailbroken 5s, I can easily lag it out by attempting the same duties as a stock BB/Android can do. Certain OS'S are based around simplicity and allowing the user limited functionality. BB OS10 and Android, they are on the opposite side of that spectrum.

�Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk�
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    04-20-14 03:50 PM
    Those things take money, and time. I'm in the same boat though, I'd love a new high end touchscreen phone.

Aside: I can't believe that I'm here saying I want a touchscreen phone. Me, circa 18 months ago would have cringed at the thought
    04-20-14 07:47 PM
    A couple of you mentioned syncing QNX in your car. Ford has recently left using Microsoft ,for BlackBerry in its Ford Sync technology. Google "Ford Sync Blackberry". So one of your wish list items is getting achieved. A score for BlackBerry as well.
    04-20-14 07:59 PM
    Think about how hard you work for you money. If you think buying products that don't do what you want is helping you then think again. We (customers) owe no company our dying devotion. You are not treating yourself with the same respect your paying BB when you choose their products over another companies only because of the name brand and not based on the features you want. We humans can die anytime and get sick or loose our money and it's astounding to me that anyone would rather pay money to any company just because they want to support that company even when they make bad decisions therefor their products aren't as good. Why sacrifice?
    Wow amen and impactful. Love it. So true.

Want to know if they're lying to you? Join our channel at C002EFE5D to learn how to become a human lie-detector!
    04-20-14 08:17 PM
    I guess I must if I can see a difference. Others on this site have noted that the icons are less sharp on the Z30 vs the Z10. I do wear glasses with progressive lenses and how the screen displays text is important to me.

Still every device has a price. If you can buy a unlocked Nexus 5 for as low as $349 then the Z30 should sell for that price or less. I would pay more for a Q device though.
    The icons are scaled. It has nothing to do with resolution. You guess you see a difference? I don't think you even know what you are looking at and how to compare.
    04-20-14 11:46 PM

Why post? You have been proven wrong already. No need to repeat a wrong statement.
    04-20-14 11:47 PM
144 ... 3456