Didn't know where to put this as this applies to all 7.1 OS devices.
    Just got a WD TV Live Media Streamer. It says it's DLNA certified but when I put my BlackBerry's media server on the device doesn't show up.
    It's not only BlackBerry, I can't see any DLNA device. The media streamer is connected to my home network just fine and is able to stream off the Internet.
    Is some router settings missing? I remember streaming to a PS3 from my BlackBerry and it was just fine. Any ideas?
    01-28-13 12:56 PM
    WDTV Live may be DLNA certified, but your BB is not. It'll do "Media Sharing", which is what you were able to do with your PS3, but that's not DLNA. BB10's will DLNA. My wording might be a little off.
    01-28-13 01:26 PM
    WDTV Live may be DLNA certified, but your BB is not. It'll do "Media Sharing", which is what you were able to do with your PS3, but that's not DLNA. BB10's will DLNA. My wording might be a little off.
    I thought the 9900 was DLNA
    First Look: BlackBerry Wireless Media Server - Stream content from your BlackBerry smartphone using DLNA | CrackBerry.com
    Also DLNA TV's have no problem streaming content from my BB. Its just the WD TV Live which is having issues. I thought maybe its my router as this is the first time I'm trying streaming at my home.
    01-28-13 01:49 PM
    I've got a WDTV SMP and I've been able to view videos that are on my Z10 using the "Play On" option. This option is available once you've selected a video to watch and then touch the menu on the bottom right. Your WDTV should show up on the device list.
    04-04-13 02:23 PM
    I recorded a video on the z10 and got the following message when I used play on to play it on my wdtv live. Other videos worked though.
    BlackBerry and WD TV Live-img_00000006.png

Posted via CB10
    04-04-13 06:04 PM
    My Z10 worked both push and pull on my WD Live box. Works with audio and video. WD Live shows up on "Play On" list (for push) and shows up on WD Live as a media server or something (can't recall exactly). Was quite impressed it worked flawlessly the first time I tried with Z10 " play On" feature.

Posted via CB10
    04-05-13 04:32 PM