After I red about the new Xperia Z awhile ago, I just wonder if RIM has a plan to make waterproof handsets in the future. Imagine you can use your BlackBerry while taking a shower, if you're on a beach / pool or other places that you avoid your phone to be wet. Or lets say a Ruggedized BlackBerry, engineers, law enforcers and other field jobs will benefit. This may boost up sales in the future, what ya think?
    01-09-13 06:21 AM
    I was thinking that the other day, like those panasonic toughbooks, make a tough phone that can take abuse.
    01-09-13 06:26 AM
    There wouldn't be enough demand for waterproof headsets IMO.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-13 06:30 AM
    A good case would solve this concern.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-13 06:48 AM
    A good case would solve this concern.
    Only if you keep the phone in a sealed plastic bag, what if it's designed to have workable buttons and screen without haven't ng to add bulk.

And be able to withstand being dropped, walked or driven over.
    01-09-13 07:14 AM
    Very cool Idea and I would get one. However the insurance phone industry is a very profitable thing. Something tells me if it would happen it would be a very limited thing.
    01-09-13 07:47 AM
    My Motorola Razr i has a DuPont water resistant coating on all the internal and external parts, making it 'splash-proof'.
    I think it's a great idea and should be adopted by all gadget manufacturers.
    01-09-13 07:59 AM
    I saw a video awhile back on waterproofing your mobile device......not sure of the website. I think this would do the trick
    01-09-13 08:07 AM
    I'm not willing to pay more for this
    01-09-13 08:09 AM
    I have always wanted a water-ressistant (if not water-proof) BlackBerry. I've emailed LiquiPel (http://www.liquipel.com/) many times to ask if they are going to support BlackBerry anytime but their answer has been in negative so far. I hope they support BB 10 though!
    01-09-13 09:19 AM
    I would pay extra for it.
    BergerKing likes this.
    01-09-13 09:23 AM
    googling "iphone in toilet" gets 48 million results.
    01-09-13 10:08 PM
    Speaking of headphones, has anyone seen or have any information on the new BB10 headphones?
    01-09-13 10:15 PM
    That's a lot of ipPhones.
    Lehomer likes this.
    01-09-13 10:19 PM

Yes, but is that literal or a metaphor about where the iphone is going after the Rimpire strikes back?
    cjcampbell likes this.
    01-09-13 11:48 PM
    I have always wanted a water-ressistant (if not water-proof) BlackBerry. I've emailed LiquiPel (Liquipel | Make Your Cell Phone Watersafe, No Case Required!) many times to ask if they are going to support BlackBerry anytime but their answer has been in negative so far. I hope they support BB 10 though!
    LiquiPel announced 2.0 Watersafe nanocoating (complete waterproofing) They will not be servicing individual devices, but sell the machines to other manufacturers so they can include the technology as they build their devices. Differs from the current Class I, II, and III levels of protection they offer now, well, for Apple and various Android devices anyways.

Another company called HzO (US I believe) is also has something in the works, or something already on the market.
    Last edited by Oniberry; 01-10-13 at 12:15 AM. Reason: missing a p
    01-10-13 12:14 AM