Last year I was in NYC, pouring rain and had to be somewhere, as we parked the car, I jumped out and ran, well my BB had a mind of its own and parted ways with me, the vision, a phone floating and being swept downstream in the gutter, I don't think I will ever be the same. All I can say is, cha ching!
    07-29-08 04:11 PM
    I did get the moron's info...and well I do know where he lives regardless. The *good* good news is that it doesn't appear that the moisture indicators have activated. My friends didn't understand why I was so upset, and they made me even more angry, but I still managed to get his contact info and told him that if in fact the phone was dead he *would* be buying me a new one. If the phone was dead after dryout, I would be in touch. I'm hoping it won't get to that point. Again, Thanks all for your help.

ok this cracks me up...moron doesn't get *bleeped* but other less or maybe equally offensive ones are...sorry

Good, make him give u a new phone. Lets see who would be laughing now
    07-29-08 05:27 PM
    Funny. i *d i o t and b* u t t got bleeped and I thought I tempered my anger fairly well :>)
    07-29-08 08:12 PM
    Just like sprint doesn't offer mms 2their bb's...but i wonder y no water damage if they use the same insurance company
    Yep, same insurance company. Sprint took the "cheaper option". It's like choosing an health insurance plan for your employees...same thing. The other big difference is with Sprint, you have to pay $extra$ to get your replacement phone shipped sooner.

On another note, he handled it too calm I know it's just a phone...but.... that stinks.
    07-30-08 09:19 AM
    um so why does everyone keep calling me he? Yes I know him...well through friends. It was at my neighborhood pool. Yeah really I wanted to be much angrier but it wouldn't have made the situation any better. Okay it would have made me feel better to hold him under water for a while, but I'll save not playng nice for if he says he won't pay for a new phone.
    07-30-08 10:06 AM
    Here's the funny thing... Sprint does not cover against water damage. Verizon, however, DOES cover water damage. They use the same insurance company.
    Sprint DOES cover water damage if u have the $7 total protection thing. It's posted in the corp own sprint stores and cs said so too, as in the flyers displaying price plans and stuff that they give out. I should have taken a pic today while I was there. But I have the flyer lol. U just have to pay $50 dec. Not bad because something other carriers ask for $100 and up
    08-16-08 10:25 PM
    My wife got water on her phone and she told the CS about it. We had ins. yet we were told that water damage is not covered. Needless to say we spent another $250 on a replacement.
    08-16-08 11:15 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD