03-06-14 11:57 PM
182 12345 ...
tools
    I want to see this challenge redone with apps closed for both BlackBerry and iPhone. Apparently the "1 second win" wasn't convincing enough for some :P

Posted via CB10
    The catch 22 is u can't close it on bbry. It's always open

Posted via CB from my LE
    xBURK likes this.
    03-02-14 12:32 PM

Posted via CB from my LE
    Ahhhhh the pure awesomeness of BlackBerry 10

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 12:40 PM

Posted via CB from my LE
    Actually mate you can. If you receive a Facebook message it's the hub that is quick. If you accessed it via the Facebook app you would still have to wait for that to open, pull the feeds, click on the notifications icon before you can click on the message. That's the beauty of BlackBerry 10 and the hub. It's already there and you don't have to go through all that like you would need to on other phones. The facebook app and other apps are actually closed.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Marauder2 likes this.
    03-02-14 12:42 PM
    Lol donnation, you spoke too quick.... the one time he didn't use a 4s

Posted via CB10
    xBURK likes this.
    03-02-14 12:51 PM
    it's illegal to drive here (Saudi Arabia) while you are talking on the phone by holding it up to your ear or if you are texting while driving. it's a traffic violation and you get a fine. but i have yet to see anyone being stopped and given a ticket. i have seen many people talking while driving. the bigger horror for me is seeing people drive while they are texting.
    Really? Illegal in Saudi Arabia ? Everyday I saw lots of Saudi driving while talking on their phone and even texting and chatting. What funny is they even lift their left leg while driving. And sometimes their kid is the one maneuvering while his dad is the one controlling the gas.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 02:23 PM
    Respectfully, how do you mean ease of BB10? I'm just curious because what you described isn't any different than any other OS.
    Wonderful iPhone 5s is great, it's the best thing since sliced bread. We got it, thanks. BTW I use an iPhone 5S and since running IOS7 it's a hot mess!

Posted via CB10
    xBURK and spikesolie like this.
    03-02-14 02:51 PM
    Actually mate you can. If you receive a Facebook message it's the hub that is quick. If you accessed it via the Facebook app you would still have to wait for that to open, pull the feeds, click on the notifications icon before you can click on the message. That's the beauty of BlackBerry 10 and the hub. It's already there and you don't have to go through all that like you would need to on other phones. The facebook app and other apps are actually closed.

Posted via CB10 on my Z mfk'n 10!
    Yeah, you could launch the twitter and fb client. I don't I read it from the hub to see if it's worth looking at closer... But yeah your right you could if you wanted to.

I meant in the whole seeing you have a message thing being integrated

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-02-14 03:10 PM
    Wonderful iPhone 5s is great, it's the best thing since sliced bread. We got it, thanks. BTW I use an iPhone 5S and since running IOS7 it's a hot mess!

Posted via CB10
    I never said that, all I said was that all of his videos should show a current phone, and that I don't really see how the new video he's shown actually shows how much "faster and efficient" BB10 is as opposed to iOS. I use both platforms so I can say whatever the hell I'd like about them and while they both have their pluses its nonsense to post these videos and say that BB10 is superior to iOS in every way, when in reality its not.

And also, your 5S must have always been a hot mess because it never ran anything but iOS7. And you know what the great thing is, if it isn't working like you want, take it to an Apple store and they will replace it for you.
    tack, 21stNow and Rello like this.
    03-02-14 03:16 PM
    Usually I don't read long rambles like this, but there isn't one thing that you mention here that can't be done on Android or iOS, and actually done easier on each platform with Google Now and Siri. Have you even used another OS? Nothing you mention above is even slightly exclusive to BB10, and BB10 doesn't even do the things you mentioned better than the other two platforms.
    Not really, on iOS the Music app will pause when switching to a new app (you have to tap play again from the quick settings menu) and the Maps app will also pause when doing something else.
    03-02-14 03:27 PM
    Not really, on iOS the Music app will pause when switching to a new app (you have to tap play again from the quick settings menu) and the Maps app will also pause when doing something else.
    No Theo it doesn't. Both continue to run in the background if you switch tasks. Been that way for a while now.
    Berry_Pink, tack, Rello and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 03:29 PM
    I never said that, all I said was that all of his videos should show a current phone, and that I don't really see how the new video he's shown actually shows how much "faster and efficient" BB10 is as opposed to iOS. I use both platforms so I can say whatever the hell I'd like about them and while they both have their pluses its nonsense to post these videos and say that BB10 is superior to iOS in every way, when in reality its not.

And also, your 5S must have always been a hot mess because it never ran anything but iOS7. And you know what the great thing is, if it isn't working like you want, take it to an Apple store and they will replace it for you.
    Listen, the fonts are a hot mess,the background is too translucent. imessage between 5 S and older models that have been upgraded does not always go thru thank goodness OP used a 4S for comparison that wasn't upgraded, he would have definitely shown up the iPhone as the older devices running OS7 have become laggy what's worse Apple doesn't allow you to downgrade, so once you have done so you have to suffer through it.as for taking it back yes that's an option but it will be more of the same these are known issues and the list goes on. Yes and you are entitled to your opinion as I do.

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 03:31 PM
    Listen, the fonts are a hot mess,the background is too translucent. imessage between 5 S and older models that have been upgraded does not always go thru thank goodness OP used a 4S for comparison that wasn't upgraded, he would have definitely shown up the iPhone as the older devices running OS7 have become laggy what's worse Apple doesn't allow you to downgrade, so once you have done so you have to suffer through it.as for taking it back yes that's an option but it will be more of the same these are known issues and the list goes on.

Posted via CB10
    What are you talking about? He uses a 4S with iOS7 on it which is of course laggy because it's a 3 year old phone which was my whole point. Maybe YOU should watch the videos.
    03-02-14 03:33 PM
    What are you talking about? He uses a 4S with iOS7 on it which is of course laggy because it's a 3 year old phone which was my whole point. Maybe YOU should watch the videos.
    OK got it

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 03:34 PM
    No Theo it doesn't. Both continue to run in the background if you switch tasks. Been that way for a while now.
    Those apps must be an exception then. I have an iPad running iOS 7 and most apps are paused when they in the background. I assumed it's the same for Music and Maps.
    03-02-14 03:40 PM
    Those apps must be an exception then. I have an iPad running iOS 7 and most apps are paused when they in the background. I assumed it's the same for Music and Maps.
    No they aren't the exception. What apps are paused? YouTube would be the only one I can think of. I'm not sure you are educated on iOS and if you own an iPad you'd should be aware of this.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-02-14 at 04:52 PM.
    03-02-14 03:42 PM
    how about a Android and BB challenge JC... would love to see BB beating the crap out of Android.
    03-02-14 03:47 PM
    Op I would love for you to shoot a video comparing maps, native social networking apps/native apps in general, picture quality, and the media players.

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    03-02-14 04:04 PM
    Have you ever used an iPhone?

Sent from my  using Tapatalk
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-02-14 04:10 PM
    oh the iphone envy still persists he should do one comparing the iphone 5s with ios7, the z30 with whatever the latest leak might be and a Samsung galaxy note 3. Compare usefulness across different fields like engineering, medicine, banking. Way more interesting than showing a few gestures and apps opening half a second earlier one one phone compared to another.
    Berry_Pink, tack, mikeo007 and 1 others like this.
    03-02-14 04:12 PM
    Your Hub compact menu technique is the bomb. I can't believe I haven't been doing that!
    03-02-14 06:15 PM
    oh the iphone envy still persists he should do one comparing the iphone 5s with ios7, the z30 with whatever the latest leak might be and a Samsung galaxy note 3. Compare usefulness across different fields like engineering, medicine, banking. Way more interesting than showing a few gestures and apps opening half a second earlier one one phone compared to another.
    Just curious, how do you expect him to compare across field like engineering and medicine and banking? Are you paying him?

What's he gonna do for medicine? Patient is dying.. how fast can I use Google to diagnose this disease?

In hindsight, whatever profession you are in, you still use the exact same phone and Wtvr is on the phone is what you use. So idk why the profession is supposed to matter to the Os system

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 06:46 PM
    JC I'd respect your videos a lot more if you'd at least use an iPhone 5 and not a 3 year old model of the iPhone. Ios7 is so much faster on an iPhone 5 than an iPhone 4S.

Actually you should really use an iPhone 5S since it was released in 2013 along with the Z10. Kind of embarrassing that you don't do that.
    I don't know if you watch the video I made......... But I was using an iPhone 5................................................. ..................... I don't know what you're talking about....

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    03-02-14 06:58 PM
    I don't know if you watch the video I made......... But I was using an iPhone 5................................................. ..................... I don't know what you're talking about....

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    No I realize that. My point is that your newest video doesn't really show any advantage, and all of your previous videos really aren't valid because your using a 3 year old iPhone running iOS7 which does run laggy and isn't the same as running it on an iPhone 5 or 5S.
    03-02-14 07:17 PM
    Just curious, how do you expect him to compare across field like engineering and medicine and banking? Are you paying him?

What's he gonna do for medicine? Patient is dying.. how fast can I use Google to diagnose this disease?

In hindsight, whatever profession you are in, you still use the exact same phone and Wtvr is on the phone is what you use. So idk why the profession is supposed to matter to the Os system

Posted via CB10
    I think what he's saying is that there are ways to use Apple products specific to medicine that go way beyond googling anything. I mean, they perform surgeries with iPads.
    03-02-14 07:19 PM

There are quite a few ways a medical professional -- or even an every day person -- could find an ecosystem especially useful medically that do not include impeding death.
    richardat likes this.
    03-02-14 07:25 PM
182 12345 ...