Everyone is entitled to their opinion on JC's videos. If I use BB10 and know it well (which I do) then I have the right to say whatever the hell I want on my thoughts on both OS's. The difference is I'm not blindly loyal to one platform. I use both as well as Android. I'm just not the type of person that watches these videos and says "Yeah, Awesome!! BB10 wins and is the greatest ever!!!," because to me there are a lot of things that iOS and Android do significantly better than BB10 and vice versa.

My whole point is that if you are going to make videos like these then they should be done with somewhat of a current phone. He doesn't use Apple's most current phone, but does use the 5 which is a big improvement over using the 4S in all of his previous videos, which is going to be laggy (which it shows in his previous videos) when doing certain things in the OS. I mean why not pull out a Galaxy S2 and do an Android comparison? It was released in 2011 as well. You could do a video showing comparisons and say "Wow, Blackberry beats Samsung every time!" Would it be true with that phone? Yes. is it close to being an accurate statement? No. Regardless I won't comment again on his next round of videos and I do appreciate what he's trying to do, I just don't necessarily agree with the results and the method that they were achieved.
    You are talking and complaining too much here. Why not make your own challenge video using your iPhone 5s, Best Android device and the BlackBerry 10 device? So that you can prove to your self that all your phones are better than BlackBerry 10 devices. Deal or no deal?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by rhon3g; 03-04-14 at 06:16 AM.
    03-04-14 12:38 AM
    Wow, don't you guys all sounds like the new mother on the block? "My baby is the cutest of all". Go watch "snow white" again. Op, like your video, it is fun and short, to the point of show case some function, better than any of how to... really enjoy it. if the Ios made something similar to showcase their system, why not just post a link. Wouldn't mind to know and learn the latest too. The competition brings out the best technology - it benefit for all users.

Posted via CB10
    Superfly_FR and RazrRob like this.
    03-04-14 03:58 AM
    I would have rather JC not start the iPhone with all the apps open... that's when the value of the HUB-enabled multitasking really shines.

Can you imagine if he had to open each of the social+messaging apps individually, with a click of the menu/home button in between each opening?

LOL. Who cares if it's a 4s, 5 or 5s. The limit is in the design, which requires that many more human operator steps, not the micro-seconds spared by processor speed differences.

Posted via CB10
    Took the words from my keyboard, mate. It's the design and way of operating it much more than "specs" and stuff.

iPhone for me? Scr... ahem Q that! (posted from the latter)
    Superfly_FR and RazrRob like this.
    03-04-14 05:07 AM
    For the first challenge, is that how you set the alarm clock app? That is fiddly and a pain in the ***. Surely people would prefer to spend 5 seconds longer setting their alarm to the exact time than twisting the hour hand into the exact position it is going to be in.

And if these videos are to help people buy blackberry phone, all that second video did was showcase how much better the iphone camera was.

I'm an Android user (ex iOS) so these videos don't really effect me but rather than seeing the time differences I noticed how awkward it was to set an alarm clock and a 3 year old phones camera seemed to work better.

The hub does look like a good feature though.
    tack likes this.
    03-04-14 06:03 AM
    What he's doing often times has nothing to do with the phone per say.. for example if he didn't launch the apps already on iphones and wanted to access his emails, I could understand the phone difference...but he often already prep the iPhone ar which point it becomes the OS vs OS race

Posted via CB10
    What do you mean by prepping the phone? If you mean by his newest videos he has the apps open ok fine, but the iPhone 5S still opens apps faster. But the picture sharing one is purely a case of using an older iPhone which make the retaking of pictures slower, as well as sharing the picture lag. Same with the alarm clock video.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-04-14 at 06:19 AM.
    03-04-14 06:05 AM
    Donnation.....give it up man! go enjoy your iphone and leave the BlackBerry site. We pick on iphone here....so what. if your going to try and convince everyone that BlackBerry is not picked on elsewhere, well I really don't know what to say about your observations and factual comments. The crackberry community would need at least 5 years to catch up. You are just here to derail every thread. When you comment, no one should respond.

Posted via CB10
    BBPandy, RazrRob and xBURK like this.
    03-04-14 06:53 AM
    Are you taking into account that CarPlay requires BlackBerry's QNX to work?
    And so what? Are you taking into account that a consumer walking into a dealership will not be asking about QNX (unless of course they're a CB member)?

Due to market share there is great chance their mobile device won't be running QNX.

QNX in the car is only used here on CB due to not many straws remain to cling to.
    03-04-14 07:58 AM
    JC posting on the forum!
    BlackBerry vs IPhone Challenge 3-images-1-.jpg

Sent from the phone of the gods.....Z30
    03-04-14 08:09 AM
    And so what? Are you taking into account that a consumer walking into a dealership will not be asking about QNX (unless of course they're a CB member)?

Due to market share there is great chance their mobile device won't be running QNX.

QNX in the car is only used here on CB due to not many straws remain to cling to.
    Not at all, just want to make the point that Apple will most likely behave as they've done in the past and take full credit for this 'innovation' and will not mention QNX as a partner. ****ty way to do business....
    03-04-14 08:23 AM
    Not at all, just want to make the point that Apple will most likely behave as they've done in the past and take full credit for this 'innovation' and will not mention QNX as a partner. ****ty way to do business....
    QNX in cars is equivalent to a nut and bolt. Been there for years and no mobile fan really gave a damn until Blackberry brought them.
    Now all of a sudden QNX must be recognized for doing what it's always done. Run in the background.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    03-04-14 08:41 AM
    QNX in cars is equivalent to a nut and bolt. Been there for years and no mobile fan really gave a damn until Blackberry brought them.
    Now all of a sudden QNX must be recognized for doing what it's always done. Run in the background.
    QNX must be recognized for what it's always done, allow other OSs to do what BlackBerry 10 does natively, just work.
    03-04-14 09:58 AM
    QNX must be recognized for what it's always done, allow other OSs to do what BlackBerry 10 does natively, just work.
    Nah. That what a Blackberry fan wants.
    Back to the original topic.

The challenge from OP is interesting in a way that Beta is better than VHS. Interesting side note but the "challenge" in today's world is not phone vs phone, it's ecosystem vs ecosystem, services vs services.

A phone alone cannot stand on its own

These challenges are only relevant to the clients on the struggling platform.
    03-04-14 10:33 AM
    Maybe I just need a new car. I'm not taking what you said lightly, but in bit my car and in my wife's Vehicle the bluetooth music problem exists on both with BB10.
    Something funny on your side maybe... it bad luck device.

My phone has never had a hiccup on my 2014 ram . Our ipad2 struggles - clean as can be with our LE's.

I also use BT headphones while doing garden work - phone in pocket. And still never a hiccup with BB10. Don't know what to tell you about your issue.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-04-14 11:01 AM
    In fact they do, or at least they use an iOS device in a significant role. That's why it's pointless to make comparisons based solely on OS constraints. Ecosystem is just as important. IOS trounces BB10 in this area, which is critical for many people's productivity.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/life-on-i...-surgery/#mn_p

It absolutely has to do with the capabilities of the phone. It means the phone was capable of building up a user base that would make the app commercially worthwhile.
    My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I said that. You're telling me that only an iPad can do this, not an Android tablet? There is something uniquely specific about iPad that allows them to do this that Samsung hasn't figured out to copy yet? Feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Samsung or BlackBerry could provide the same functionality, if given the opportunity.
    03-04-14 11:20 AM
    My tongue was firmly planted in my cheek when I said that. You're telling me that only an iPad can do this, not an Android tablet? There is something uniquely specific about iPad that allows them to do this that Samsung hasn't figured out to copy yet? Feel free to enlighten me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that Samsung or BlackBerry could provide the same functionality, if given the opportunity.
    That's exactly my point. The ipad doesn't have anything unique about it that let's it do that... people just develop apps for it.. it doesn't make the ipad a better product

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 11:44 AM

The challenge from OP is interesting in a way that Beta is better than VHS. Interesting side note but the "challenge" in today's world is not phone vs phone, it's ecosystem vs ecosystem, services vs services.

It's not what I want as a fan, it's what I demand from fans of other platforms in exchange for what I give them. If a certain feature, service or piece of hardware is superior to my chosen platform, I admit it.

And no, the challenge is relevant to anyone who prizes efficiency over clunkiness. It's not just ecosystem and services, or hardware. It's needs based. Anyone who says otherwise is selling snake oil.

Needs trump ecosystem, services, hardware and corporate advertising even though most people are so brain dead that they don't know what they need.
    Skyforever, xBURK and RazrRob like this.
    03-04-14 11:49 AM
    That's exactly my point. The ipad doesn't have anything unique about it that let's it do that... people just develop apps for it.. it doesn't make the ipad a better product

Posted via CB10
    But...if it's not unique and way better, why on earth would anyone pay three times as much for it?! Oh wait... :-)
    03-04-14 11:51 AM

So now that iPhone is around 15% of the smartphone market i guess we should be jumping on the android bandwagon as it has market share, apps, and an open ecosystem. I just hope you don't break an ankle when you jump...
    Skyforever likes this.
    03-04-14 12:30 PM
    But...if it's not unique and way better, why on earth would anyone pay three times as much for it?! Oh wait... :-)
    Lol welcome to planet earth

Posted via CB10
    RazrRob likes this.
    03-04-14 12:31 PM
    I readily concede that ecosystem might be the biggest differentiator. But it is a HUGE one.
    bbq10l likes this.
    03-04-14 12:34 PM
    I readily concede that ecosystem might be the biggest differentiator. But it is a HUGE one.
    True but apps are specific to the user base

So me, for example, every single app I want is on my bbry or has a better alternate. But that isn't the case for some.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-04-14 01:35 PM
    And the video didn't really talk about ecosystem. I think every BlackBerry fan know that brand name and ecosystem size is a huge factor.

JC was just making a parody video and some people got their panties in a bunch. Good and reasonable comment for you respect

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 02:23 PM
    So now that iPhone is around 15% of the smartphone market i guess we should be jumping on the android bandwagon as it has market share, apps, and an open ecosystem. I just hope you don't break an ankle when you jump...
    Try again.

I made no specific reference specifically to iPhone or Apple in the last post for just the reason you mentioned.

There are two thriving ecosystems whose phones don't stand alone.

The challenge is in the ecosystem and services.

I own active phones on both besides my Blackberry.

I'm covered, no fear of "ankle injury".

Phone to phone comparisons are a comfort only to those that have nothing else to go with.

My condolences.
    03-04-14 02:29 PM
    True but apps are specific to the user base

So me, for example, every single app I want is on my bbry or has a better alternate. But that isn't the case for some.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Fair point.

Every criticism I've heard about BBRY from non-forumites relates to a missing app or two. As a base effort, I think BB10 is truly fantastic and is well received by most people.
    KermEd, spikesolie and RazrRob like this.
    03-04-14 02:54 PM
    And the video didn't really talk about ecosystem. I think every BlackBerry fan know that brand name and ecosystem size is a huge factor.
    True. I can agree with that.
    03-04-14 03:04 PM
182 ... 5678