I find it amusing how defensive the iPhone users are starting to become.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:00 PM
    I find it amusing how defensive the iPhone users are starting to become.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, there are some people passionate about ios. I can't blame them we still have people passionate about BBOS. And heck even Nokia still has a fan base

That's normal. A smart person owes no loyalty to any technology, changes to the best when the best comes out. People also massively resist change - so it takes several years to bleed them into the red.

And there are always some who drink the kool-aid at the end.

Posted via CB from my LE
    neteng1000, tack and RazrRob like this.
    03-03-14 02:32 PM
    Hey jc you should have an app off!!! With most saying BlackBerry doesn't have any apps pick a couple that that masses say we don't have and show them on both iPhone and a BlackBerry device. ie Netflix and insta/igrann. Skype. You know you could be hate'n on BlackBerry cause there are just no apps on 10.2.1??!!!

Anyway. Just a thought love the video keep them coming!!

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:45 PM
    I couldn't agree with you more here. Not only is it done in a completely childish way, but the the videos aren't even close to being accurate.

The most recent video is the first one to be done with an iPhone 5. All of the others were done with an iPhone 4S which is 3 years old and of course is going to run slower than a newer phone with iOS7 on it.

I use both iOS and BB10 and not only is the bashing of iOS sad, it wreaks of jealousy. There are so many people who think that a feature of BB10 is exclusive to the OS, when in fact it's been on iOS and Android for years. Just yesterday someone commented "iOS can't play music if you switch to another app." Really? It's been able to do that for years but these same people complain that others don't look at all of the features of BB10 and are sheep for buying an iPhone that can't do this or that, when in fact it can do it and do it better than BB10.

Now some people get mad at me because I don't jump on the bandwagon and say "yeah JC, your videos are the coolest and are so great!" I don't do that because I think they are done in a childish way, being that they don't highlight the difference in each but try to completely bash iOS. They are also slanted so that BB10 is going to win every single time no matter what is tested, which is fine since this is a blackberry fan site. I could easily make two separate videos of iOS and BB10 and make the iPhone win every time, but for what purpose.

With that being said I don't have the time or patience to make a video myself and what purpose would it serve? No one on this site has purchased a BB because of these videos and if it makes people who own one feel better about the phone they purchased then that is fine I guess, I just don't get the constant need to validate BB10 to people who have already bought it.
    Sorry I didn't have enough money to buy an iPhone 5S .... But I work with what I have. I never asked anyone to like my videos. I make them. Period. People watch or don't. I can't please everyone. However, I'd love to see the people, who complain like YOU in my videos how I don't use the latest technology, actually find the means to make a video with the latest technology.

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-03-14 03:06 PM
    In fact they do, or at least they use an iOS device in a significant role. That's why it's pointless to make comparisons based solely on OS constraints. Ecosystem is just as important. IOS trounces BB10 in this area, which is critical for many people's productivity.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/life-on-i...-surgery/#mn_p

It absolutely has to do with the capabilities of the phone. It means the phone was capable of building up a user base that would make the app commercially worthwhile.
    So if the ecosystem is so awesome why is it the new iOS functionality being rolled out in cars cannot work with QNX from BlackBerry?
    03-03-14 03:17 PM
    BlackBerry vs IPhone Challenge 3
    This is the wrong challenge.

The challenge Blackberry needs to beat is the iOS ecosystem challenge.

A one on one phone challenge may have some merit, in 2008.

It's 2014.

As today's headlines with Apple Carplay have shown, the ecosystem is bigger than the phone.
    03-03-14 05:45 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion on JC's videos. If I use BB10 and know it well (which I do) then I have the right to say whatever the hell I want on my thoughts on both OS's. The difference is I'm not blindly loyal to one platform. I use both as well as Android. I'm just not the type of person that watches these videos and says "Yeah, Awesome!! BB10 wins and is the greatest ever!!!," because to me there are a lot of things that iOS and Android do significantly better than BB10 and vice versa.

My whole point is that if you are going to make videos like these then they should be done with somewhat of a current phone. He doesn't use Apple's most current phone, but does use the 5 which is a big improvement over using the 4S in all of his previous videos, which is going to be laggy (which it shows in his previous videos) when doing certain things in the OS. I mean why not pull out a Galaxy S2 and do an Android comparison? It was released in 2011 as well. You could do a video showing comparisons and say "Wow, Blackberry beats Samsung every time!" Would it be true with that phone? Yes. is it close to being an accurate statement? No. Regardless I won't comment again on his next round of videos and I do appreciate what he's trying to do, I just don't necessarily agree with the results and the method that they were achieved.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-03-14 at 06:41 PM.
    tack and Berry_Pink like this.
    03-03-14 06:16 PM
    Everyone is entitled to their opinion on JC's videos. If I use BB10 and know it well (which I do) then I have the right to say whatever the hell I want on my thoughts on both OS's. The difference is I'm not blindly loyal to one platform. I use both as well as Android. I'm just not the type of person that watches these videos and says "Yeah, Awesome!! BB10 wins and is the greatest ever!!!," because to me there are a lot of things that iOS and Android do significantly better than BB10 and vice versa.

My whole point is that if you are going to make videos like these then they should be done with somewhat of a current phone. He doesn't use Apple's most current phone, but does use the 5 which is a big improvement over using the 4S in all of his previous videos, which is going to be laggy (which it shows in his previous videos) when doing certain things in the OS. I mean why not pull out a Galaxy S2 and do an Android comparison? It was released in 2011 as well. You could do a video showing comparisons and say "Wow, Blackberry beats Samsung every time!" Would it be true with that phone? Yes. is it close to being an accurate statement? No. Regardless I won't comment again on his next round of videos and I do appreciate what he's trying to do, I just don't necessarily agree with the results and the method that they were achieved.
    What he's doing often times has nothing to do with the phone per say.. for example if he didn't launch the apps already on iphones and wanted to access his emails, I could understand the phone difference...but he often already prep the iPhone ar which point it becomes the OS vs OS race

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:45 PM
    JC, I love the music

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 06:57 PM
    Lol at these iPhone fans. We love our bb phones, so why get so upset about it? Make your own videos and bash bb using a 5s and a bb torch! Haha

Z10 STL100-2 / Official Release 10.2.1.1925
    03-03-14 06:57 PM

It's 2014.

As today's headlines with Apple Carplay have shown, the ecosystem is bigger than the phone.
    Are you taking into account that CarPlay requires BlackBerry's QNX to work?
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-03-14 07:10 PM

It's 2014.

HA!! If you could see how beautifully my Z10 and Z30 pair with my car and with every car I've rented RIGHT NOW, you'd know how ignorant you sound. And I didn't have to buy anything from some lame, restricted, highly overrated "ecosystem" to get it working.

I look at AirDrop on my MacBook and shake my head. Leave it to Apple to take basic functionality (file sharing over wifi, bluetooth pairing) and make it sound like something revolutionary that their fans will pay for.

I can do these things today better than Apple and without Apple's "ecosystem." But, hey, waste your money on inferior products. Be a slave to fashion. No skin off my teeth!
    03-03-14 07:16 PM
    HA!! If you could see how beautifully my Z10 and Z30 pair with my car and with every car I've rented RIGHT NOW, you'd know how ignorant you sound. And I didn't have to buy anything from some lame, restricted, highly overrated "ecosystem" to get it working.

I look at AirDrop on my MacBook and shake my head. Leave it to Apple to take basic functionality (file sharing over wifi, bluetooth pairing) and make it sound like something revolutionary that their fans will pay for.

I can do these things today better than Apple and without Apple's "ecosystem." But, hey, waste your money on inferior products. Be a slave to fashion. No skin off my teeth!
    You can pair an iOS phone to any car with Bluetooth RIGHT NOW and get the exact same features that BB10 gets.
    03-03-14 07:30 PM
    You can pair an iOS phone to any car with Bluetooth RIGHT NOW and get the exact same features that BB10 gets.
    Yeah, I'm aware that they pair, but as well and not at all in many cases. I've wowed more than a couple iPhone users in the car.
    See this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ur-car-911110/
    Last edited by BobWalker; 03-03-14 at 07:48 PM. Reason: typo
    03-03-14 07:47 PM
    Yeah, I'm aware that they pair, but as well and not at all in many cases. I've wowed more than a couple iPhone users in the car.
    See this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ur-car-911110/
    Lol I don't know who wrote that manual and what year it was written but every iPhone since the iPhone 4 has had Bluetooth MAP (message access profile). I use it all the time in my 2012 4Runner. Again, this isn't anything exclusive to BB10. This is another perfect example of not knowing another platform (but loving to bash it) and thinking that BB10 is the only OS that has a certain feature, when iOS and Android have had the feature for a while.
    Last edited by donnation; 03-03-14 at 08:22 PM.
    03-03-14 07:57 PM
    My God, relax people. These videos are meant to be "tongue and cheek". It's obviously a parody brought on by the recent history of the company.
    This is just a fans way to get the word out. .
    Very clever under the circumstances.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 08:36 PM
    My BlackBerry does a lot more than our ios devices when synced to my truck lol.

It doesn't do a flat bluetooth connection like our ios devices do.

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-03-14 09:18 PM
    My BlackBerry does a lot more than our ios devices when synced to my truck lol.

It doesn't do a flat bluetooth connection like our ios devices do.

Posted via CB from my LE
    Like what?
    03-03-14 09:40 PM
    Like what?
    Don't worry about it

Posted via CB from my LE
    03-03-14 09:48 PM
    Valid question. I'd like to hear about the differences.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:49 PM
    Valid question. I'd like to hear about the differences.

Posted via CB10
    To be fair to iOS, with effort you can do (some) of the same.

BB10 comes with a bunch of bluetooth apps built right in for vehicles including Uconnect. This works beautifully automatically and seamlessly on blackberry 10.

In comparison, with ios, you need to dig into Appstore and grab an app like this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ucon...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Which has an amazing review average of 2 out of 5 (mostly people being generous).

And that's just uconnect. Expanding this out to other manufacturers - having the app always built in is sure nice.

But I'm a BBRY supporter. So the wolves will have their arguments I'm sure

Posted via CB from my LE
    stlabrat likes this.
    03-03-14 09:54 PM
    Why not CB sponsor him a iphone 5s and an android phone to make these vids? Kevin has too much phones in his pocket anyway

Posted via CB10
    Skyforever likes this.
    03-03-14 10:09 PM
    To be fair to iOS, with effort you can do (some) of the same.

BB10 comes with a bunch of bluetooth apps built right in for vehicles including Uconnect. This works beautifully automatically and seamlessly on blackberry 10.

In comparison, with ios, you need to dig into Appstore and grab an app like this:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ucon...mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Which has an amazing review average of 2 out of 5 (mostly people being generous).

And that's just uconnect. Expanding this out to other manufacturers - having the app always built in is sure nice.

But I'm a BBRY supporter. So the wolves will have their arguments I'm sure

Posted via CB from my LE
    Lol so if an official app from the manufacturer has less than great reviews that's a fault of the OS? I can tell you that my Bluetooth with BB10 is anything but ideal. I drive a 2012 4Runner and every single time I hang up the phone the music app kicks on and starts playing a song. I'm not alone as there was a big thread about it a while ago. I'm sure it works great in a lot of vehicles but navigation, music, voice control, sending messages, and most importantly calls have always been smoother with iOS. Maybe I just need a new car. I'm not taking what you said lightly, but in bit my car and in my wife's Vehicle the bluetooth music problem exists on both with BB10.
    03-03-14 11:02 PM
    My question: Why, if the BBOS is so tremendous, do the BB users keep having to prove (at least to themselves) that it is? Why the constant justification by crapping on the competition?

Second question: Why does this site continually try to discredit Apple and their OS? Why so many iPHone haters here? I don't see that bashing on the Apple-specific websites like I do here and other BlackBerry-specific sites.

I personally use the iPhone because it works, and I'm used to it. I'm not saying the BBOS is bad, or that it's not as good as the iOS...I just say that I have tried the BBOS10 several times and have come to the conclusion that it's just not for me. If you like it, awesome! I think everybody ought to use the device and OS that makes them happy. That's why they make vanilla, strawberry & chocolate ice cream. Not everybody likes everything.

The Apple iPhone is an easy target. Simple to hate on. Doesn't take much creativity to do. It's the best selling smartphone in history. Sells more than any BlackBerry EVER. I guess if you're number one, everybody wants to take a shot at you. Again...funny that I have never read one thread on iMore or MacRumors forums bashing or hating on BlackBerry or any OS10 device. Guess they don't have to.

Hmmmmm...
    Haha...so funny....

Posted via CB10
    03-04-14 12:05 AM
    03-04-14 12:23 AM
182 ... 45678