[QUOTE=Jouster;10076650]
    "[[B]B]... it's pointless to make comparisons based solely on OS constraints. Ecosystem is just as important. IOS trounces BB10 in this area, which is critical for many people's productivity".

Not pointless. First you demonstrate a/the Superior OS BB10. Second, notwithstanding BB10 being only slightly over a year old, we who prefer BlackBerry over all other, can acknowledge BlackBerry's Ecosystem is moving along at a very good healthy paste. I would say move over iphone! BlackBerry is stepping up to the plate. It is exciting times for us BlackBerry users, and CrackBerry abusers. And So It Is. A new reality for BlackBerry is emerging.
    03-03-14 09:34 AM
    My question: Why, if the BBOS is so tremendous, do the BB users keep having to prove (at least to themselves) that it is? Why the constant justification by crapping on the competition?

Second question: Why does this site continually try to discredit Apple and their OS? Why so many iPHone haters here? I don't see that bashing on the Apple-specific websites like I do here and other BlackBerry-specific sites.

I personally use the iPhone because it works, and I'm used to it. I'm not saying the BBOS is bad, or that it's not as good as the iOS...I just say that I have tried the BBOS10 several times and have come to the conclusion that it's just not for me. If you like it, awesome! I think everybody ought to use the device and OS that makes them happy. That's why they make vanilla, strawberry & chocolate ice cream. Not everybody likes everything.

The Apple iPhone is an easy target. Simple to hate on. Doesn't take much creativity to do. It's the best selling smartphone in history. Sells more than any BlackBerry EVER. I guess if you're number one, everybody wants to take a shot at you. Again...funny that I have never read one thread on iMore or MacRumors forums bashing or hating on BlackBerry or any OS10 device. Guess they don't have to.

Hmmmmm...
    kbz1960, 21stNow, Eric Ton and 6 others like this.
    03-03-14 09:45 AM
    Let me know where you drive so I can avoid those areas. I need drivers to be more than "mindful" of the road around me.
    03-03-14 10:04 AM
    How about Quick Settings vs the whatever fancy name iphone has given it?
    We know how that's going to end up.
    03-03-14 10:40 AM
    In fact they do, or at least they use an iOS device in a significant role. That's why it's pointless to make comparisons based solely on OS constraints. Ecosystem is just as important. IOS trounces BB10 in this area, which is critical for many people's productivity.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/life-on-i...-surgery/#mn_p

It absolutely has to do with the capabilities of the phone. It means the phone was capable of building up a user base that would make the app commercially worthwhile.
    Again since it's based on things apple themselves didn't create, I can assume that a crappy Chinese tipoff tablet would be able to do same if an app was made for it.

Your large user base crap is an excuse. If I don't download an apk, my phone can't stream a Netflix movie... which must mean bb10 is incapable of working with Netflix...am I right?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:46 AM
    My question: Why, if the BBOS is so tremendous, do the BB users keep having to prove (at least to themselves) that it is? Why the constant justification by crapping on the competition?

Second question: Why does this site continually try to discredit Apple and their OS? Why so many iPHone haters here? I don't see that bashing on the Apple-specific websites like I do here and other BlackBerry-specific sites.

I personally use the iPhone because it works, and I'm used to it. I'm not saying the BBOS is bad, or that it's not as good as the iOS...I just say that I have tried the BBOS10 several times and have come to the conclusion that it's just not for me. If you like it, awesome! I think everybody ought to use the device and OS that makes them happy. That's why they make vanilla, strawberry & chocolate ice cream. Not everybody likes everything.

The Apple iPhone is an easy target. Simple to hate on. Doesn't take much creativity to do. It's the best selling smartphone in history. Sells more than any BlackBerry EVER. I guess if you're number one, everybody wants to take a shot at you. Again...funny that I have never read one thread on iMore or MacRumors forums bashing or hating on BlackBerry or any OS10 device. Guess they don't have to.

Hmmmmm...
    I remember a certain apple cramping on Microsoft with commercial once... your point?

If you are the underdog and feel like you actually shouldn't be, then go ahead and show it off

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-03-14 10:47 AM

Hmmmmm...
    Well, it's a new OS so why not market it. Every other smartphone users imagine BlackBerry as black phones with smalls screen, qwerty keyboard and no apps. That's is why I choose to show people the new BlackBerry.

I personally know people who continously say that BlackBerry are sh*t phones, their bankrupt, this and that. To me, those are negative comments towards BlackBerry.

It's fine you BlackBerry don't suit you. BB 10 is not meant for everyone. And I don't make these videos to force people to buy it. I make these videos for pure enjoyment and support for the company and its products. If you, decide that I have convinced you to get a BlackBerry by watching my videos, great! If not, that is fine also.

About bashing Iphone, if anything Samsung was the first one to publicly demonstrate the superiority of their phone compared to iPhone. Their commercial actually started a trend. Remember their slogan, "Samsung, the next big thing is here". Where Windows has also started to do a similar style of commercials. This is a competitive market, it bound to happen.

Anyways, Have a good day!
    Thank you for your time and leaving a comment!

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    03-03-14 10:48 AM

Hmmmmm...
    Firstly I would like to say I'm very happy for you and your iphone comfort and love.

My opinions regarding your questions

Firstly many of us come here to learn from each other. It is after all a BlackBery site as you accurately pointed out. We come here to have fun, share, and learn from eah other. It is not so much (how you put it to prove anything BlackBerry) but rather to demonstrate to each other our BlackBerrys. It is in these demonstrations, we learn how best to use our BlackBerrys. We also learn how our BlackBerry compare to other platforms in he process. It's all good (for us BlackBerry users).

Your second question I would say some of us just like to point out the iphone is not as good as popular belief would have us believe. So we just enjoy to put it in it's rightful place a bit, or to put things more into proper perspective as we see it. No one is saying the iphone is not a good phone, and we all know it is and has been popular for many years.

You have obviously been around CrackBerry long enough to be aware how much bashing has gone on toward BlackBerry on this very site (what I like to consider our very own sacred turf) Which in the end proves not to be so sacred after all. LOL We learn to roll with the punches, and continue to share relevent information regarding our BlackBerry love experience, while others come here with not so much BlackBerry love.

Many of us feel BlackBerry has not been given a fair shake, but lately all that is starting to change. How would you respond to such an onslaught of negativety?

Really I'm sort of surprised you felt a need to express your feelings or thoughts here. What can you learn from us if anything? Just Be Happy.
    spikesolie likes this.
    03-03-14 10:55 AM
    wow JC, now official BlackBerry star

BlackBerry vs IPhone Challenge 3-capture.png

jonduran86 and Skyforever like this.
    03-03-14 11:19 AM

Hmmmmm...
    I couldn't agree with you more here. Not only is it done in a completely childish way, but the the videos aren't even close to being accurate.

The most recent video is the first one to be done with an iPhone 5. All of the others were done with an iPhone 4S which is 3 years old and of course is going to run slower than a newer phone with iOS7 on it.

I use both iOS and BB10 and not only is the bashing of iOS sad, it wreaks of jealousy. There are so many people who think that a feature of BB10 is exclusive to the OS, when in fact it's been on iOS and Android for years. Just yesterday someone commented "iOS can't play music if you switch to another app." Really? It's been able to do that for years but these same people complain that others don't look at all of the features of BB10 and are sheep for buying an iPhone that can't do this or that, when in fact it can do it and do it better than BB10.

Now some people get mad at me because I don't jump on the bandwagon and say "yeah JC, your videos are the coolest and are so great!" I don't do that because I think they are done in a childish way, being that they don't highlight the difference in each but try to completely bash iOS. They are also slanted so that BB10 is going to win every single time no matter what is tested, which is fine since this is a blackberry fan site. I could easily make two separate videos of iOS and BB10 and make the iPhone win every time, but for what purpose.

With that being said I don't have the time or patience to make a video myself and what purpose would it serve? No one on this site has purchased a BB because of these videos and if it makes people who own one feel better about the phone they purchased then that is fine I guess, I just don't get the constant need to validate BB10 to people who have already bought it.
    Berry_Pink and kbz1960 like this.
    03-03-14 11:53 AM
    JC I'd respect your videos a lot more if you'd at least use an iPhone 5 and not a 3 year old model of the iPhone. Ios7 is so much faster on an iPhone 5 than an iPhone 4S.

Actually you should really use an iPhone 5S since it was released in 2013 along with the Z10. Kind of embarrassing that you don't do that.
    Last I checked iOS 7 is the same on all devices, is it not? I guess you'd just like to see faster processing...no problem, let's leave all of the apps closed on both devices then and we can start there
    03-03-14 12:07 PM
    Last I checked iOS 7 is the same on all devices, is it not? I guess you'd just like to see faster processing...no problem, let's leave all of the apps closed on both devices then and we can start there.
    Is BB10 the same on all devices. Does the Z10 run as fast as the Z30? No?

It's called hardware and the 4s has lesser hardware than a 5s just as the Z10 has lesser hardware than a Z30.
    03-03-14 12:11 PM
    Is BB10 the same on all devices. Does the Z10 run as fast as the Z30? No?

It's called hardware and the 4s has lesser hardware than a 5s just as the Z10 has lesser hardware than a Z30.
    I think you're missing the point. Nitpicking at the processing speed is not going to compensate for the sheer productivity difference. The iPhone needs to be "prepped" before it can do things somewhat quickly. BB10 does not. I really think that if you or donnation or anyone else wants to play "fair" comparisons then let's use the phones out of the box, latest OS each, flagship from both. Let's see how much they can do in the default configuration. I can tell you that I know who will win that bout. Can you?
    kbz1960 and THBW like this.
    03-03-14 12:17 PM
    I think you're missing the point. Nitpicking at the processing speed is not going to compensate for the sheer productivity difference. The iPhone needs to be "prepped" before it can do things somewhat quickly. BB10 does not. I really think that if you or donnation or anyone else wants to play "fair" comparisons then let's use the phones out of the box, latest OS each, flagship from both. Let's see how much they can do in the default configuration. I can tell you that I know who will win that bout. Can you?
    Blackberry would win that "bout" but unfortunately it makes little difference as Blackberry has already been knocked out of the ring.
    kbz1960 and tack like this.
    03-03-14 12:27 PM

Hmmmmm...
    What do you mean? JC hates BlackBerry. He's always complaining about how much faster & more productive it is. JC has made it clear in all his videos that he loves his slower iPhone :P

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 12:31 PM
    The reality of the smartphone wars is that the "out-of-the-box" paradigm is all but extinct for most users. Not even the OS developers expect this anymore, IMHO.
    tack likes this.
    03-03-14 12:37 PM
    I think that is good too. No I can't say which would win. I don't have and have never used an iPhone for any amount of time so I can't speak about it's speed or how efficient they are but comparing a 3yr old phone to a 1 year old phone should be no contest even when using the same OS.
    03-03-14 12:54 PM
    JC I'd respect your videos a lot more if you'd at least use an iPhone 5 and not a 3 year old model of the iPhone. Ios7 is so much faster on an iPhone 5 than an iPhone 4S.

Actually you should really use an iPhone 5S since it was released in 2013 along with the Z10. Kind of embarrassing that you don't do that.
    He did use a 5s and lost again.
    03-03-14 01:00 PM
    Exactly, funny how you always have to prep the iPhone to get it to work at the level of a blackberry.
    03-03-14 01:02 PM
    I understand the idea. But I have shown my phone to several people, mostly iPhone users. They see a certain feature that may be better and just reply "that's cool." it isn't going to make people jump ship, especially if you are entrenched in the ecosystem and share content between your iPhone, Apple TV, iPadd, etc. My sister's family does just that so they know what their kids are watching. They aren't going to switch.

And last time I tried to brag, I got embarrassed anyway. My colleague sitting next to me read an article about the BB10 browser being the fastest. So he challenged me with his Note 2. We tested them at our desks then right next to the router. He smoked me every time.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:15 PM
    It's funny how angry people get over these videos. Thanks for the entertainment OP. Some of y'all need to lighten up.
    Rello likes this.
    03-03-14 01:26 PM

Hmmmmm...
    So how exactly is making a satirical video about the virtues of BB10, all about Apple hate. Don't you want to know who does it better? Reality is starting to bite.
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    03-03-14 01:33 PM
    So now the iPhone fans (on a BlackBerry website) are questioning why people like their BlackBerries so much? If i go to iMore or another iPhone website would there be people posting about the greatness of iPhone? Of course folks are going to defend their phone of choice. Being a BlackBerry user I like the phone and its' ability to fit my needs. Using Snap to download android apps is just one benefit.

If I recall correctly the OP was asking for ideas for new challenges. Since the iPhone users think they have a better 'ecosystem' once again I propose a new challenge. This one can be done by a third party to reduce bias. How many security patches have been released for either platform in the past year? Past 2 years? Oh, and go ahead and lump both BBOS and OS10 together to make it fair as OS10 is only a year old. PS- I won't ask how many users personel or financial information were potentially compromised since iPhones outsell BlackBerry by a logscale (iOS accounts for 15% of smartphone market share).

Any takers??? (insert sounds of crickets chirping)

One final observation- am I the only one who finds it juvenile that the iPhone fans pounced all over this latest video full of rage claiming the OP used a 3-year old phone before they even watched the video where he clearly states it's a 5S?
    Last edited by RazrRob; 03-03-14 at 04:36 PM.
    CerveloJohn and stlabrat like this.
    03-03-14 01:42 PM

Hmmmmm...

One thing I am very curios about in your comment is the "EVER" part. Was that really necessary? Why crap on BlackBerry here? I thought you iPhone folks were above that? Maybe folks on imore don't bash BlackBerry much there because they are too busy doing it on this forum....

Hmmmmm

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:56 PM
    I don't understand, lets for argument's sake say that the z30 makes one more "productive" (productivity all depends on what your needs are) compared to an iphone 5s out the box. Now let's say for whatever needed feature on the z30 is unavailable on the iphone out of the box, but there's an app or several apps that can allow the user to achieve functionality on par with what the z30 is offering. How does it make the z30 superior if both phones are offering the same experience in the end? The ecosystem can't be ignored like that, it comes as a part of the "out of box" experience.
    tack and bbq10l like this.
    03-03-14 01:59 PM
182 ... 34567 ...