Just curious, how do you expect him to compare across field like engineering and medicine and banking? Are you paying him?

What's he gonna do for medicine? Patient is dying.. how fast can I use Google to diagnose this disease?

In hindsight, whatever profession you are in, you still use the exact same phone and Wtvr is on the phone is what you use. So idk why the profession is supposed to matter to the Os system

Posted via CB10
    He asked for ideas, i simply provided one.
    Also with respect to your medicine comment,
    Digital doctors: how mobile apps are changing healthcare - Telegraph

Apple (United Kingdom) - iPhone in Business - Profiles - Mount Sinai Hospital.
    Tre Lawrence, yvpan1 and richardat like this.
    03-02-14 07:30 PM
    I think what he's saying is that there are ways to use Apple products specific to medicine that go way beyond googling anything. I mean, they perform surgeries with iPads.
    Exactly.

Then you have simple every day stuff, like connected blood pressure cuffs, activity monitors and other health wearables. Specialized health apps. Databases. These are the type of things that make a difference in the eyes of consumers.

The same exists in other spaces. I'm not overly fond of iOS, but if I, say, want my son to start learning coding or music via mobile tools, it's best to get an iOS device.

Another poster once said that those buttons you see at the bottom of service ads ("available for iOS and Android") have done more for mindshare than any commercial can do. That poster might be right.
    03-02-14 07:34 PM
    I think what he's saying is that there are ways to use Apple products specific to medicine that go way beyond googling anything. I mean, they perform surgeries with iPads.
    They don't perform surgeries with iPads. They perform surgeries with their hands.
    g33kphr33k and KermEd like this.
    03-02-14 07:51 PM
    They don't perform surgeries with iPads. They perform surgeries with their hands.
    LOL, yes, but I suspect Donnation knows that.

I think what we all would like to see is BB10 devices begin to be as useful in similar situations. Not just for doctors, but other people in other professions as well.

I mean... it is QNX. It runs space stations and is multi-kerneled.
    03-02-14 07:55 PM
    Yes, you understood my point perfectly.
    yvpan1 likes this.
    03-02-14 07:55 PM
    Exactly.

Then you have simple every day stuff, like connected blood pressure cuffs, activity monitors and other health wearables. Specialized health apps. Databases. These are the type of things that make a difference in the eyes of consumers.

The same exists in other spaces. I'm not overly fond of iOS, but if I, say, want my son to start learning coding or music via mobile tools, it's best to get an iOS device.

Another poster once said that those buttons you see at the bottom of service ads ("available for iOS and Android") have done more for mindshare than any commercial can do. That poster might be right.
    You see that has nothing to do with the capabilities of the phone per se tho! Like you said "available for ios and android " don't mean wp8 isn't compatible, it just means it's not developed for it.

JC is comparing the phone abilities and how they react to tasks. For example let's say there is a medical app you want that's only released for ios, of course ios is your best option... not because it's is actually your best option. but because it's the best option you are afforded if you understand me

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 08:49 PM
    Maybe a calendar angle to your idea
    A) accepting new invite
    B) accepting a proposed new time invite
    C) forward invite too another person
    D) I'm running late message
    E) show how the calendar invite cleans itself up out of the inbox vs. Iphones stranded invites. Between inbox and those in calendar application

These topics should show well, at least if your using an exchange server for the back end. Not sure how using Google mail and all that works but from personal experience calendar invite handling is horrible on the iPhone compared to bb10

Posted via CB10
    yvpan1 likes this.
    03-02-14 08:51 PM
    Love these videos...

Posted using my Z10
    03-02-14 09:15 PM
    Can't you post status updates in your menu shade on iPhone??

Sent from my temporary device using Tapatalk
    03-02-14 09:46 PM
    LOL, yes, but I suspect Donnation knows that.

I think what we all would like to see is BB10 devices begin to be as useful in similar situations. Not just for doctors, but other people in other professions as well.

I mean... it is QNX. It runs space stations and is multi-kerneled.
    I know he knows, I was being mostly sarcastic. My point was any tablet could be used to do the things they do with iPads in surgeries. I think so anyways, I'm a little ignorant when it comes to medicine.
    03-02-14 09:57 PM
    I know he knows, I was being mostly sarcastic. My point was any tablet could be used to do the things they do with iPads in surgeries. I think so anyways, I'm a little ignorant when it comes to medicine.
    Uhh, no.
    richardat likes this.
    03-02-14 10:25 PM
    - Consider me your fan ... lolz
    03-02-14 10:43 PM
    So to sum it up in the third video he opened the apps on the iPhone 5S giving it an advantage, and it still lost.
    Oh, and it costs twice as much.
    Clearly a decisive win for Apple.

Maybe in the next video he could compare the number of security patches released in the past 2 yrs.
    03-02-14 10:45 PM
    Link to the video:

Any ideas for the next Challenge?
    Comment below!

If you have not seen the previous videos links below:

Challenge 1 - Alarm Clock:
    Challenge 2 - Picture Sharing:

JC, from the Asian Guy that Hates BlackBerry on YouTube
    Great video, as always.

There are some great ideas here for the next one, goodluck!

Posted via CB10
    03-02-14 10:48 PM
    yeah.. what about:
    - battery life challenge? --> i've just had a comparison last weekend. i went for a kind of camp out of town, that place is a bit weird as the hall is at the lower elevation than the lodges so the reception inside the hall is mediocre hence all phones are drained off. some of my iFriends are on Telstra (including myself) and none of their phones could stand until the midnight with juices left, EVEN with no push email & no app background activities, the battery continued to drain but my Z30 could still manage to do BBMs, some battery-hogger whatsapp messages, emails on push (with minor delays due to the network) and most of the time, i could manage to get 2-3 bars on 3G inside the hall so receiving calls could be done without having to hover around. off the charger at 7.30AM, by 1AM the next day just before i hooked it up, after few phone calls i still had 27% of juice left!
    03-02-14 11:19 PM
    were there any emails lost during this test?

03-03-14 12:25 AM
    LOVE your videos man
    Last edited by BBPandy; 03-03-14 at 03:23 AM.
    03-03-14 01:33 AM
    yeah.. what about:
    - battery life challenge? --> i've just had a comparison last weekend. i went for a kind of camp out of town, that place is a bit weird as the hall is at the lower elevation than the lodges so the reception inside the hall is mediocre hence all phones are drained off. some of my iFriends are on Telstra (including myself) and none of their phones could stand until the midnight with juices left, EVEN with no push email & no app background activities, the battery continued to drain but my Z30 could still manage to do BBMs, some battery-hogger whatsapp messages, emails on push (with minor delays due to the network) and most of the time, i could manage to get 2-3 bars on 3G inside the hall so receiving calls could be done without having to hover around. off the charger at 7.30AM, by 1AM the next day just before i hooked it up, after few phone calls i still had 27% of juice left!
    As long as they don't use a z10 in this (; but battery test is hard to test because it's hard to prove to the watchers that you've used both for the same amount of time

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:56 AM
    I should make you a cascades app for your videos lol

Posted via CB from my LE
    I wish i know how to make apps.

Z10 STL100-2 / Official Release 10.2.1.1925
    03-03-14 02:04 AM
    Yes, you understood my point perfectly.
    Nice try but they don't use their hands or iPads they use gloves and instruments! They don't use lights or nurses or operating rooms either.... They use their hands dummy!!!!

Loser!!! How you like us now??? It's gloating time baby!!! Yo!

Bb had an epic 2013, and now in yo face!!! Z3 gonna be the best flag ship fonee o THEWORLD! DEAL!!

Oh. Damn recess is over, we gotta get back inside.
    03-03-14 04:28 AM
    Uhh, no.
    They could make standard phone calls or text. ;-)
    03-03-14 04:30 AM
    well done JC
    03-03-14 05:53 AM
    Love your videos JC! Keep them coming. BlackBerry Rocks!!! BB10 is awesome!
    03-03-14 06:55 AM
    They don't perform surgeries with iPads.....
    In fact they do, or at least they use an iOS device in a significant role. That's why it's pointless to make comparisons based solely on OS constraints. Ecosystem is just as important. IOS trounces BB10 in this area, which is critical for many people's productivity.

https://www.apple.com/ipad/life-on-i...-surgery/#mn_p

You see that has nothing to do with the capabilities of the phone per se tho! Like you said "available for ios and android " don't mean wp8 isn't compatible, it just means it's not developed for it....
    It absolutely has to do with the capabilities of the phone. It means the phone was capable of building up a user base that would make the app commercially worthwhile.
    red_devil_fan_1999 likes this.
    03-03-14 08:09 AM
    So let me understand this, if you have the app, you can do the same with any tablet in the market? even the chinese?
    03-03-14 08:43 AM
182 ... 23456 ...