01-24-14 07:06 AM
415 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    I don't think Whatsapp will show up there, but if someone shows it does then I must have missed it out. However during the time on iOS, i remember it being difficult to share to Whatsapp. Does it matter, if Whatsapp isn't there?

Yes, it kinda does because a huge number of people use Whatsapp.
    I believe the "share" functionality is a new addition to iOS7. Previously (ios6), the only functionality available was "Open In" which allowed for invoking any other app that registered to handle the file type, the same as Blackberry's share functionality.

With iOS7, they added the dedicated share functionality, which was a quick way to share content. To get an app listed in this section, it needs to be curated by Apple. The "Open In" functionality is still available as an option for any app that hasn't been cleared to use the share functionality. Share just makes it quicker for a few of the most popular apps.

01-20-14 10:44 AM
    It's no coincidence that many of the posters who think highly of BB10 also argue that sales and perceived quality are unrelated.
    It's called sweeping it under the rug.
    Last edited by FFR; 01-20-14 at 03:53 PM.
    01-20-14 10:46 AM
    I never said I didn't like it. I said just because it tastes good and billions of people buy it doesn't mean it's quality food. No one has yet refuted that statement inasmuch as a few of you are still trying to cling to the notion that sales = quality.
    That's just it. . .nothing is gained by refuting your opinion of McDonalds.
    01-20-14 10:46 AM
    Attachment 240149

I don't know how reliable Saab was as a brand, but I do know a wheel fell off my wife's 2003 9-5. You read that right; a wheel fell off. She didn't hit a pothole, she wasn't in a collision, and the car was regularly maintained. And yet, a wheel fell off.

(Sorry about the rotated photo, not sure how to fix.)
    Jeez, that looks scarey

Oddly enough I've only ever bought Saabs from new for the last 25 years and I've found them to be 100% reliable- the current one's done 100,000 miles from new with only servicing brake pads and tyres. I'm keeping it because I can't find another
    I've never had a wheel fall off of any Saab but I did have a trackwheel break on an old Blackberry 8700g.

I've still got all my old Blackberries and the weird thing is that over the years the boxes have got smaller but the phones inside got bigger.
    yessuz likes this.
    01-20-14 10:48 AM
    Why BlackBerry has not hire this gentleman and send him to the big cities to show people on the street which phone is better for the very busy working people? BlackBerry needed to send people like him to go city after city for comparing the device. John Chen has got to hire him!!!
    Because he would do more harm than good.
    Remember bb is trying to focus on the enterprise market.
    GadgetTravel and dguy123 like this.
    01-20-14 10:48 AM
    Swing-and-a-miss. Say what you want about McDonalds, but there are people out there that genuinely like it. If there weren't, it never would be able to boast "billions and billions served."
    Yea, if I am driving in the middle of nowhere and stop at a McDs I know exactly what I will get. It may not be the best local cuisine but it will be also not be the place that will go out of business next month from really awful or unsafe food. McDs probably has better QC and safety/health controls than any restaurant. They are fanatics about it.
    TGR1 likes this.
    01-20-14 10:50 AM
    Because he would do more harm than good.
    Remember bb is trying to focus on the enterprise market.

Seriously, I would pay cash money to see a group of business people get together for a focus group and watch a bunch of ads from that guy. They could get Ali G in it too maybe. Ali G could talk to the business people after the screening of the ads. They could make a movie out of it, they would probably make more money on it than on their handsets. Unless of course version 10.1 of the movie didn't have sound or something and people had to wait until the next version to hear it.
    01-20-14 10:57 AM
    You cant seem to keep your arguments / points straight. ...snip
    And you can't seem to find any post in this thread that actually said what is shown below:
    YThe following is a fallacy:
    Phone X outsells phone Y
    therefore Phone X is better than phone Y
    Maybe you shouldn't ask questions that show and opposing point of view if you're unwilling to back them up.
    Are you serious? That sentiment has been expressed about a hundred times per thread, did you read any of this thread?
    Im not going to go through 8 pages of this thread, or any others, to find you examples of times where people have clearly and illogically made the connection between high sales and quality or 'superior' products. Go look yourself if it is that important to you.
    01-20-14 11:01 AM
    so maybe someone un-tightened the bolts?! LOL.
    you understand, that this is not the manufacturers' fault that bolts are not tightened?> maybe this was done during the last service?!

as I said, my 2005 Saab 9-3 was extremely reliable with 120+k miles on the clock. Now the car is sold, and new owner is driving it without any probs.
    I could start that at -27 C (the temperature all Americans were whining two weeks ago, lol) without ANY problems
    Very impressed.
    What put me on to Saab in the first place was a mate who bought the Saab Turbo (90?) with 140,000 miles on the clock. He took it to over 210,000 before he sold it on and that car was quiet (except when the turbo kicked-in!) and trouble-free throughout
    01-20-14 11:06 AM
    You can build a high quality screw driver, but if someone needs a wrench you aren't going to make a sale. Apple make a tool that best fits what people today are doing. Maybe BlackBerry is making a high quality product, but it doesn't matter if that product isn't what people want or need. It's like someone that know you like working on your 1966 Mustang buying you a high quality Metric Tool Set.

Now if BlackBerry had the Apple ecosystem... the story would be very different!
    GadgetTravel and TGR1 like this.
    01-20-14 11:07 AM
    Seriously, I would pay cash money to see a group of business people get together for a focus group and watch a bunch of ads from that guy. They could get Ali G in it too maybe. Ali G could talk to the business people after the screening of the ads. They could make a movie out of it, they would probably make more money on it than on their handsets. Unless of course version 10.1 of the movie didn't have sound or something and people had to wait until the next version to hear it.
    I would pay to hear what the businessmen thought after the showing ROFLMAO.
    01-20-14 11:16 AM
    They are consistent in their offerings. I knew someone with food allergies who often opted to go to McDs when traveling for that reason.

Consistency is a good way of garnering trust. It can also be considered part of the quality of a company, which trickles down to their products. BBRY has repeatedly fallen down on this point and IMO that has played a role in their poor rep to date.

It's also completely nonsense to say sales are disassociated from quality. Unless there is a strong impetus to disregard quality, which typically comes in the form of cheap pricing or "I only need this once, doesn't matter if it breaks", people will buy the "best" product for the money. The big gap is how perceived quality affects the value to the consumer. And that's a really big gap here on this forum vs the current market. Slagging the competition with rigged videos may be enjoyable but it puts up a dangerously opaque rosy glow. Blackberries aren't selling. No matter how fantastic the product may be, that's a huge problem for the company if the public at large doesn't think so.
    Consistency and quality are not the same thing. Are you saying McDonalds has quality food?
    01-20-14 11:22 AM
    Consistency and quality are not the same thing. Are you saying McDonalds has quality food?
    Your mistaken, how else will one build quality without consistency?

Now what caliber of quality, that is a different matter all together.
    01-20-14 11:25 AM
    It's a BlackBerry fan posting a video, and we're talking about it on a BlackBerry fan site. If you were expecting an un-biased result I feel bad for you, BlackBerry has 99 problems but a fan ripping it ain't one.

- Developer of PinGuin
    whats the point though? all it achieves is fans feeling better about their flagship being faster than a 2 or 3 year old model thats being deliberately misused so its even slower instead of fans being proud of their flagship being better than the competitions flagship. its like being in denial because you dont have to see the real facts of your flagship head to head with others
    01-20-14 02:58 PM
    JC has a BBM Channel! Pin:C0027B084
    01-20-14 03:05 PM
    My Z10 does the same thing. Didnt know till i tried it. Cool!!
    01-20-14 03:13 PM
    I'd like to see some demos on:

Opening the camera app from the lockscreen

Switching from camera to video on both devices

Quickness in moving forward and back on Web pages.

Quickness and accuracy of text selection.

Accessing favorite contacts on both devices.

Boot up times

Quickness in printing a photo or document from the phone.

Speed in apps opening. Like say Google Maps

Speed in shutting off bluetooth, wifi from the lockscreen.

Want to see these results because ios is faster on every one of them.

Make it happen OP.
    01-20-14 03:23 PM
    I never said I didn't like it. I said just because it tastes good and billions of people buy it doesn't mean it's quality food. No one has yet refuted that statement inasmuch as a few of you are still trying to cling to the notion that sales = quality.
    It depends on your definition of quality. Several of us have pointed to definitions that would indicate it is high quality from certain perspectives

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-20-14 03:30 PM
    This guy needs to talk less. a lot less
    It really does not help the case
    01-20-14 03:32 PM
    I'd like to see some demos on:

Opening the camera app from the lockscreen

Switching from camera to video on both devices

Quickness in moving forward and back on Web pages.

Quickness and accuracy of text selection.

Accessing favorite contacts on both devices.

Boot up times

Quickness in printing a photo or document from the phone.

Speed in apps opening. Like say Google Maps

Speed in shutting off bluetooth, wifi from the lockscreen.

Want to see these results because ios is faster on every one of them.

Make it happen OP.
    Opening the camera app from the lock screen takes about 4 seconds.

Switching from camera to video takes 1 second.

Moving forward and back in the browser takes 1 second (assuming the page has been cached).

Text selection accuracy has been improved a lot since 10.0.

Accessing favourite contacts takes about 3 seconds.

Boot up times are irrelevant, it's not something you do every day. Also, of course BlackBerry 10 takes longer to boot up, it has more security features and drivers it needs to load.

Printing a photo using what app?

Regarding app opening times, why not choose a native app on both devices?

Turning Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on or off from the home screen takes 1 second.
    01-20-14 03:40 PM
    I don't think Whatsapp will show up there, but if someone shows it does then I must have missed it out. However during the time on iOS, i remember it being difficult to share to Whatsapp. Does it matter, if Whatsapp isn't there?

Yes, it kinda does because a huge number of people use Whatsapp.
    Whatsapp is NOT there. i even downloaded it and gave it access to my photos and stuff but it didn't show up in the sharing options. but Instagram doesn't either and i remember back in iOS 6 or 5 it allowed you to do that. if not then i must have been seeing things :P
    01-20-14 03:48 PM

Moving forward and back in the browser takes 1 second (assuming the page has been cached).

Boot up times are irrelevant, it's not something you do every day. Also, of course BlackBerry 10 takes longer to boot up, it has more security features and drivers it needs to load.

ON iOS7

Opening the camera app from the lock screen takes about 2 seconds.

Moving forward and back in the browser takes 1 second . Tested it using imore.com

Text selection accuracy is very accurate and responds quickly, although there is time when you're in a hurry and mistakes can be made whilst selecting text.

Accessing favourite contacts takes about 2 seconds. Assuming you're already on the home screen ->tap the phone icon (assuming its closed) -> tap the favorites tab on the bottom left of the screen.

it takes 17 seconds to power down. and it takes 18 seconds to boot up.

It takes 5 seconds to find a printer and print it. ( i don't have a wireless printer where i am currently so i couldn't test the speed in which the printer received the command) i started the time where you're in the picture and you decide you want to print it.

it takes 2 seconds to open Apple's native maps app. and it takes 1 second to open Google maps.. Odd haha

It takes literally 1 second to shut both wifi and bluetooth off from the home screen menu.

This was experimented on a Apple iPhone 5s 16 gb model
    01-20-14 04:04 PM
    I believe the "share" functionality is a new addition to iOS7. Previously (ios6), the only functionality available was "Open In" which allowed for invoking any other app that registered to handle the file type, the same as Blackberry's share functionality.

With iOS7, they added the dedicated share functionality, which was a quick way to share content. To get an app listed in this section, it needs to be curated by Apple. The "Open In" functionality is still available as an option for any app that hasn't been cleared to use the share functionality. Share just makes it quicker for a few of the most popular apps.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/21/u7e3u5up.jpg
    How do you do that?! I've been wanted to have box and instagram in my share menu
    01-20-14 04:05 PM
    ON iOS7

Opening the camera app from the lock screen takes about 2 seconds.

Moving forward and back in the browser takes 1 second . Tested it using imore.com

Text selection accuracy is very accurate and responds quickly, although there is time when you're in a hurry and mistakes can be made whilst selecting text.

Accessing favourite contacts takes about 2 seconds. Assuming you're already on the home screen ->tap the phone icon (assuming its closed) -> tap the favorites tab on the bottom left of the screen.

it takes 17 seconds to power down. and it takes 18 seconds to boot up.

It takes 5 seconds to find a printer and print it. ( i don't have a wireless printer where i am currently so i couldn't test the speed in which the printer received the command) i started the time where you're in the picture and you decide you want to print it.

it takes 2 seconds to open Apple's native maps app. and it takes 1 second to open Google maps.. Odd haha

It takes literally 1 second to shut both wifi and bluetooth off from the home screen menu.

This was experimented on a Apple iPhone 5s 16 gb model
    So no major differences. One question about opening the camera from the lock screen, did you unlock the phone first?
    01-20-14 04:07 PM

Opening the camera on the iPhone is instant, not waiting a few seconds like on BB10.

1. Is faster on the iPhone. It's a slide to the left.

2. The browser is gesture based on ios and it's faster doing it than BB10.

3. Text selection and accuracy is waaay faster and miles more accurate on ios.

4. Accessing favorites is faster on ios. It's one click to the phone app, not two or three in BB10.

5. IOS doesn't need an app for printing wirelessly, it's built in.

6. Why choose a Native app, I thought the app gap was closed and that it was a better Android than Android. Any way you can still choose a native app if you want, ios opens them faster.

7. I'm talking turning them off from the lock screen. You can do it in ios, can't do it in BB10. Therefore it's must faster in ios.

And boot times are relevant and BB10 is slow as molasses booting up.

We're taking speed here aren't we? Not time it takes to open an app. Those things I listed are way faster on ios end of story.
    Last edited by donnation; 01-20-14 at 04:34 PM.
    01-20-14 04:19 PM
415 ... 7891011 ...