01-24-14 07:06 AM
415 ... 151617
tools
    It's awfully hypocritical of you to call someone else's world "little," and I don't think it was ever claimed that the app method was easier, at least not by the person you quoted.
    Yes it was, read what he said in the previous post. Also, hahaha.
    01-23-14 10:12 AM
    Yes it was, read what he said in the previous post. Also, hahaha.
    I read his last five posts, and didn't see any argument that anything was "easier." Feel free to quote the post to which you refer.
    01-23-14 10:59 AM
    If I bought an unlocked BlackBerry phone from either of these sources, I would be able to immediately update my phone to 10.2 when it arrived since my *non-American* carrier pushed the latest OS update months and months ago.

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    What if you had an American carrier...

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 01:03 PM
    So in your little world it is easier to find an app, install it and then set it up so it works with some box than to just tap "play on" from the video player and select the TV from a list?
    No, I am primarily saying is that picking a few things that you can do without an app on one platform and ignoring the dozens or hundreds of things you can't do on that platform because there isn't an app is comical. But also, clicking an icon that is an app versus clicking an icon that was put up by the OS is a really trivial difference that virtually no one outside this forum even recognizes, much less cares about.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-23-14 01:17 PM
    Yeah, and I want to date Jennifer Lawrence... unfortunately, some things are easier said than done in reality.

Just saying "get 'er done" grossly oversimplifies the reality and difficulty of getting a major carrier to reverse it's policies for you.

We aren't talking about dating. We are talking about companies with mission critical things that have to get done. Leaving them in other companies hands, especially other companies without a vested interest in making them happen is VERY bad. BB should have known this was a problem and figured out a way around it. Successful companies don't put themselves in positions like this frequently.
    01-23-14 01:20 PM
    What if you had an American carrier...

Posted via CB10
    Then you can update the OS using Link before inserting the SIM card in: http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-late...hed-out-update.
    01-23-14 01:21 PM
    No, I am primarily saying is that picking a few things that you can do without an app on one platform and ignoring the dozens or hundreds of things you can't do on that platform because there isn't an app is comical. But also, clicking an icon that is an app versus clicking an icon that was put up by the OS is a really trivial difference that virtually no one outside this forum even recognizes, much less cares about.
    I was simply replying to someone who said that the iPhone can do this too, which is false.

I think I can find plenty of things that BlackBerry 10 can do out of the box compared to iOS.

Apps can't always replace native functionality, at least not on iOS.

An app has to be installed and configured first which can be time consuming.

Apps usually only allow you to operate within a vendor's ecosystem. For example, to use your phone as a mouse/keyboard with an LG TV you have to install the LG Remote app. For a Samsung TV you will need a Samsung app. With a BlackBerry 10 phone you can connect to any Smart TV using Bluetooth and the TV will think your phone is a mouse/keyboard. It will also work with a Mac or a Windows PC, a PS3 or an XBOX.
    01-23-14 01:55 PM
    We aren't talking about dating. We are talking about companies with mission critical things that have to get done. Leaving them in other companies hands, especially other companies without a vested interest in making them happen is VERY bad. BB should have known this was a problem and figured out a way around it. Successful companies don't put themselves in positions like this frequently.
    While I agree with what you are saying about not relying on others, you have to understand that some things are simply not possible. There was nothing that BlackBerry could have done differently to convince US carriers to push updates in a timely manner.
    01-23-14 02:08 PM
    While I agree with what you are saying about not relying on others, you have to understand that some things are simply not possible. There was nothing that BlackBerry could have done differently to convince US carriers to push updates in a timely manner.
    Then they should have released 10.2 originally. It is simple. No one cares what the excuses are. They care what phone they have in their hands and a 10.1 phone is not as likely to be successful as a 10.2 phone.
    01-23-14 02:40 PM
    The poster was clearly referring to Wi-Fi enabled TVs since he mentioned Miracast and DLNA. Also, effortlessly means without installing any apps or buying any equipment.
    Has nothing to do with my post. Yeah he might of started off with that and maybe should of left it there, but the Apple part is false no matter how you want to interpret what another person posted.

Maybe you should seek out less able posters that your interpretations can overwhelm.

Not happening here.
    mikeo007 likes this.
    01-23-14 04:40 PM
    Saab 9-3 was extremely reliable car, rich of features. but somehow, people were not buying it.
    Because the competition was even better.
    If the perceived value of a product doesn't match the price it has, a consumer won't buy it.

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 05:14 PM
    Then they should have released 10.2 originally. It is simple. No one cares what the excuses are. They care what phone they have in their hands and a 10.1 phone is not as likely to be successful as a 10.2 phone.
    This is absolutely ridiculous to the point of absurdity.

Or maybe they shouldn't have released 10.2 first either since 10.2 doesn't have the direct APK installation feature that 10.2.1 has.

Actually, they should have released 10.3 first since that will have more features than 10.2.1. On the other hand, 10.4 will probably have more features than 10.3, so they should ACTUALLY have waited until 10.4.

Etc... etc... etc...

It is simple.

Last edited by mnc76; 01-23-14 at 06:29 PM.
    01-23-14 06:17 PM
    This is absolutely ridiculous to the point of absurdity.

Or maybe they shouldn't have released 10.2 first either since 10.2 doesn't have the direct APK installation feature that 10.2.1 has.

Actually, they should have released 10.3 first since that will have more features than 10.2.1. On the other hand, 10.4 will probably have more features than 10.3, so they should ACTUALLY have waited until 10.4.

Etc... etc... etc...

It is simple.

What's ridiculous is to assert that BB is somehow not responsible for what has happened to them. If the features that are needed for them to be successful are in 28.7, they needed to release 28.7 to be successful. Everyone should have realized that updates would be tough. Of being able to run android apps without side loading was important, and I think it was, they needed to deliver that originally. They have had like 6 years to respond to the iPhone they are out if time when the excuses matter. People won't say, oh I can't run the app I want but it's Verizon's fault so I will still buy the BB, they will just buy something else. And it doesn't matter a bit to Verizon.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    01-23-14 09:35 PM
    Then you can update the OS using Link before inserting the SIM card in: http://m.crackberry.com/how-get-late...hed-out-update.
    So why haven't people done that? Why are people still on 10.1

Posted via CB10
    01-24-14 01:22 AM
    You guys seriously have to unknot your knickers.
    01-24-14 07:06 AM
415 ... 151617