2. No its not. I find getting text selection easier on bb10. Don't have select "select, select all, paste".

Bb10
    Single tap to bring up drag circle. Longer tap or quick double tap to select the current word, bring up drag handles, which are easy to use, and my text selection options... which includes share btw.

Ios7
    Single tap positions my cursor AFTER the word I tapped on, not where I tapped. If I want to position the cursor inside a word I have to press and hold to get the magnifier and drag the cursor... like the magnifier circle for positioning... prettier than bb10's drag circle, but not easier.
    Double tap to highlight a word, get drag handles and the highlight options... NOT including share :-(
    or long press and release ,to get selection options without selecting the current word first

Cut and dried? Not by a long shot.
    But to each their own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:54 PM
    If you are communicating with a locked phone, isn't it within your sight? Your point is really confusing. In any case, I would imagine such use cases are quite limited. OTOH, the ability to quickly flick to airplane mode in one step when needed was among the most requested (BT, wireless, too, as Android had shown how useful such was).
    It?s a security thing most people don't get.
    It really depends on who you are, or possibly how into practical jokes your friends are.

And when your phone is locked, it because you aren't using it. It doesn't have your attention.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 09:58 PM
    And a Z30, right?
    If the Z10 beats iphone 5... now question Z30 does also???

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:10 PM
    Is the OS not the same? The actions and how it gets done is the same regardless of the model no?
    That's what I'm saying!!!
    But a lot of iphone fanatic wants a iPhone 5 or 5s for I don't know what reason...

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:12 PM
    Again I have the option to not use it if I don't want to. And that's besides the point. The whole video is about speed and efficiency. If I want to access those settings it's quicker and more efficient through ios.

And that's great if it will wake up to the lockscreen with a password so it can continually drain the battery while it's in my pocket.

And you hate a button that has the same function but is faster to open on ios. OK.
    It's about other people's ability to use it on your phone without your consent.
    Doesn't matter whether you choose to use it or not.
    Suppose it is convenient if you don't care about such things.

The phone may wake up once as you drop it into your pocket, sliding your fingers up the screen with a gravity assist, but then it goes to sleep and stays asleep... unless you fiddle around in your pockets alot, go Rambo and take a jog, others?? I don't use a case and just have the back of the phone on my fingers when I drop it into my pocket. If it's causing you grief, then not such a great feature for you.

Sheesh, thought I covered this... the button isn't faster nor easier, nor in the same spot when the device is rotated. and yes, hate it.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 10:24 PM
    2. No its not. I find getting text selection easier on bb10. Don't have select "select, select all, paste".

Bb10
    Single tap to bring up drag circle. Longer tap or quick double tap to select the current word, bring up drag handles, which are easy to use, and my text selection options... which includes share btw.

Ios7
    Single tap positions my cursor AFTER the word I tapped on, not where I tapped. If I want to position the cursor inside a word I have to press and hold to get the magnifier and drag the cursor... like the magnifier circle for positioning... prettier than bb10's drag circle, but not easier.
    Double tap to highlight a word, get drag handles and the highlight options... NOT including share :-(
    or long press and release ,to get selection options without selecting the current word first

Cut and dried? Not by a long shot.
    But to each their own I guess.

Posted via CB10
    Do you mean the phrase "cut and dry?" If not I don't know what you are cutting and drying. And yes to each his own but there is no possible way that I can see how you think BlackBerry text selection is easier than ios. I use both daily and it's 100 times easier and more accurate using the iPhone over BB10. But I realize that no matter what feature Apple has that is better than BB10, there will always be those in here that say BlackBerry does it better even if they don't, which is fine.
    01-20-14 10:24 PM
    That's what I'm saying!!!
    But a lot of iphone fanatic wants a iPhone 5 or 5s for I don't know what reason...

Posted via CB10
    the better the hardware it is faster to open apps, iPhone 4 / 4S is 2010 and 2011 model phone, if you want to be fair compare Z10 (2013) with iPhone 5 / 5S 2012 and 2013 model

You dont prove anything Blackberry beat iPhone, in first challenge with siri you can set the alarm much faster...in the second challenge please look your own video and you can see what you done is unfair

PS : and why do you need 2 times preview then share photo to twitter ? why dont you send it after you take a photo?

i'm not an iPhone fanatic, i never use an iphone my ios device is my ipad mini...

people in here just defended you because it is rare for reviewers to praise BB, even if the reviewers always review something that not important for many person . look mike li from the gadgetmaster he always put false article to praise Blackberry and look where is he now? never make any article again, i think he already fired by The gadgetmaster
    01-20-14 10:31 PM
    Your argument is still funny, less options is not better. And anyway, as I already explained, in BlackBerry 10 the sharing options are rearranged based on your usage. Here's how it looks like:

Attachment 239911
    That's looks fantastic! IOS needs improvement in the sharing dept for sure. BTW, my daily driver is an iPhone 5.
    01-20-14 10:38 PM
    I have used both an iPhone 5 and the Blackberry z10 extensively. That is to say for about 5 months for each phone.

As far as hardware goes, I'm sorry, the iPhone is better. The screen for the z10 is awesome, but it's hard to beat the retina display. The camera on both phones are good, but the shots from the iPhone edge it out. The iPhone also destroys the Z10's speakers.

Apps. Now, a lot had been made if the app selection at the Apple store; however, almost all of the games have insane pay walls that make the games unplayable without forking out a lot of money. No thank-you Simpsons Tapped Out, I have no interest in paying 100 dollars for a "truckload of [fictional] doughnuts". The productivity apps were largely just fine on my Z10 too. All I missed before moving to Japan was Skype.

That leaves the actual phone software. Here the Z10 really shines. Ios7 is a pain in the ***. It limits everything you do Apple can charge you for some kind of service. I can't even transfer files to my iPhone without a huge hassle, whereas it was easy with my Z10.

Multitasking is still better on the Z10 too. iOs' multitasking blows.

I like the iPhone a lot in spite of everything, but if they had Blackberries in Japan, I'd be using one of those.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-21-14 01:16 AM
    Big Hi5 and Kuddos to TheoRadu for standing out against all these itoys users who thinks their phones are better and the most funny part is this 2014 they can't still send files through bluetooth... Lmao
    johnny_larue likes this.
    01-21-14 01:43 AM
    The thing that puzzles me in this thread is the claim that wireless printing is included in BlackBerry 10.
    Did I miss an update?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 01:55 AM
    most things are Subjective
    01-21-14 02:00 AM
    Big Hi5 and Kuddos to TheoRadu for standing out against all these itoys users who thinks their phones are better and the most funny part is this 2014 they can't still send files through bluetooth... Lmao
    Seriously! What
    the hell! The file transferring would be so nice.

01-21-14 03:16 AM
    Lol I tell ya! They are seriously missing that!
    01-21-14 03:57 AM
    I have both the iPhone 5S running IOS 7 Beta 4 and a z10 with the 10.2.1.195 leak.

Both devices serve their purpose and I will say that Apple has fixed a few things with the 7.1 update. I still love the Hub and the Peek functions on my z10.

Another feature the z10 has is a notification LED on the front of the device instead of the flashing LED on the back like the iPhone has.

I will give the iPhone the edge as far as the screen goes, sorry but the retina display is hard to beat. As as far as simplicity of use, I also give the edge to the iPhone.

Now for the z10, I love the Hub, no one out there in the market has a function that puts all of you messaging in one area. I can also prioritize what I want to see.

I also like the messages being displayed on the lock screen and being able to just tap and access them. I know IOS has the pull down notification screen but it's not the same as what OS10 has to offer.

I have been very critical about blackberry in the past but with the 10.2.1.195 leak and having the ability to install the android apps I use everyday is huge.

Granted there are some that don't work properly, but the majority of the ones I use every day function perfectly.

Both devices are designed for specific needs and you just have to pick what's is right for you.

PS: I am on the hunt for a used 100-5 z30 because I fell in love with it after demoing one at the local Verizon store. I am on T Mobile here which probably won't get the device which is sad.

Sent using the CB app
    01-21-14 04:14 AM
    cant believe this thread exploded to 12 pages in 1 day, dont see what all the fuss is about.

ive had a 5s for about 5 months now. Its a nice phone, nothing outstanding. But I do like the feel of the build quality, screen is nice, imessage is half decent, plenty of useful apps, battery life is good. I do love having a silence button on the phone

Have a z10 i havent used for a while, but i do miss bb10 somewhat. I liked the notification noises, the notification led on the front, the gestures, the multitasking ability, hub was quite nice.

Been checking out some info about the new 10.2.1 and it looks like the OS is still getting better and better. Having android apps will help a lot. I think headless apps are now a go? so being able to change the colour of the notification led would be awesome( should be default in BB10 os). Z30 looks pretty nice too, wouldnt mind having a play with one.

I think more customisation of the OS look would be a nice feature. I dislike the white and blue message boxes etc. Being able to swap out the bottom icons fomr something more useful, ditch the camera and add a browser. Being able to have themes like old BBOS, even if its just colours and fonts. I hope this is something BB want to bring in.

I like what BB are doing, hope they keep going with it, really think the devs are listening to the community and tweaking the OS to make it the best possible.
    Stwutter likes this.
    01-21-14 05:54 AM
    I have both the iPhone 5S running IOS 7 Beta 4 and a z10 with the 10.2.1.195 leak.

Both devices serve their purpose and I will say that Apple has fixed a few things with the 7.1 update. I still love the Hub and the Peek functions on my z10.

Another feature the z10 has is a notification LED on the front of the device instead of the flashing LED on the back like the iPhone has.

I will give the iPhone the edge as far as the screen goes, sorry but the retina display is hard to beat. As as far as simplicity of use, I also give the edge to the iPhone.

Now for the z10, I love the Hub, no one out there in the market has a function that puts all of you messaging in one area. I can also prioritize what I want to see.

I also like the messages being displayed on the lock screen and being able to just tap and access them. I know IOS has the pull down notification screen but it's not the same as what OS10 has to offer.

Sent using the CB app
    You can have all of your notifications appear via lock screen on iOS. I agree with you on the HUB. I think that's an awesome feature(one of the things I miss whenever I switch from os10/android). BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-imageuploadedbycb-forums1390306493.281741.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    01-21-14 06:17 AM
    HAHA - so true!
    01-21-14 06:27 AM
    the better the hardware it is faster to open apps, iPhone 4 / 4S is 2010 and 2011 model phone, if you want to be fair compare Z10 (2013) with iPhone 5 / 5S 2012 and 2013 model

You dont prove anything Blackberry beat iPhone, in first challenge with siri you can set the alarm much faster...in the second challenge please look your own video and you can see what you done is unfair

PS : and why do you need 2 times preview then share photo to twitter ? why dont you send it after you take a photo?

i'm not an iPhone fanatic, i never use an iphone my ios device is my ipad mini...

people in here just defended you because it is rare for reviewers to praise BB, even if the reviewers always review something that not important for many person . look mike li from the gadgetmaster he always put false article to praise Blackberry and look where is he now? never make any article again, i think he already fired by The gadgetmaster
    Two times to take pictures, because in real life situations, it sometimes happens that you don't get it the first time... So you take an other picture, which I tried to simulate in the challenge. Simple as that. I could have done the challenge with 1 picture and than share it. But decided not to.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 06:31 AM
    The thing that puzzles me in this thread is the claim that wireless printing is included in BlackBerry 10.
    Did I miss an update?

Posted via CB10
    Check you adobe documents, unless you have deleted it... it teaches you how to use "print to go "
    My phone came with it. But if you don't have it, it should be on BBW.

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 240408
    01-21-14 06:35 AM
    No one said anyone's phone is better. It's just a debate on whether or not the iPhone van in fact do some things better than BB10, which how people can dispute that is beyond me.

What's also funny is that you want to call.other phones toys when the majority of apps in BlackBerry World are junk games.
    01-21-14 06:55 AM
    I have used both an iPhone 5 and the Blackberry z10 extensively. That is to say for about 5 months for each phone.

As far as hardware goes, I'm sorry, the iPhone is better. The screen for the z10 is awesome, but it's hard to beat the retina display. The camera on both phones are good, but the shots from the iPhone edge it out. The iPhone also destroys the Z10's speakers.

Apps. Now, a lot had been made if the app selection at the Apple store; however, almost all of the games have insane pay walls that make the games unplayable without forking out a lot of money. No thank-you Simpsons Tapped Out, I have no interest in paying 100 dollars for a "truckload of [fictional] doughnuts". The productivity apps were largely just fine on my Z10 too. All I missed before moving to Japan was Skype.

That leaves the actual phone software. Here the Z10 really shines. Ios7 is a pain in the ***. It limits everything you do Apple can charge you for some kind of service. I can't even transfer files to my iPhone without a huge hassle, whereas it was easy with my Z10.

Multitasking is still better on the Z10 too. iOs' multitasking blows.

I like the iPhone a lot in spite of everything, but if they had Blackberries in Japan, I'd be using one of those.

I just love your The Prisonner avatar
    01-21-14 07:52 AM
    The video was done because he's a BlackBerry fan. How many videos have been done for other platforms by fans? At least this guy is entertaining. You ask why people do these, I ask, why does it matter?

Posted via CB10
    I agree with that sentiment. The guy is clearly a huge fan, he does a pretty darned good job even if we can gripe about technical comparisons. The debate is obviously as long as this thread and will never end as long as there are people who care about tech specs and differences. FWIW, my sense is that 99% of the smartphone using public don't care at all about the stuff being debated here. Can they get email? Can they text? Access their calendar? Play on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.?

Those are the issues that matter. And even now I'm not sure it matters that much. The consumer war has been lost by BlackBerry. They may claw some back through enterprise sales etc., but probably not enough to make a difference. But I admire the fanboy for trying.

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 07:53 AM
    Why is it not enough to simply say "I like X because..." and stop there? I see a thread full of inaccurate claims about what iPhones cannot do. For example, I can attach multiple files to a single email, or share photos and videos with my WhatsApp contacts, or send videos and presentations to multiple recipients.
    The fact is that not everyone thinks of their smartphones the way they should, as computers whose functionality is generally defined by their sensors, radio sets and most of all, software. As such their functionality is steadily increasing as new software gets created.
    If you don't make a genuine effort to keep up to date with a given phone's capabilities, you're not going to know what it can actually do.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    01-21-14 07:55 AM
    Whoa... on ios7 you can turn on airplane mode with the phone locked.

So someone can shut off your communication without you knowing... awesome.

Posted via CB10
    Yes, and someone take your BlackBerry out of your hands and shut it off. It's the same exact thing. This is what would have to be done for someone to do this (if you even have the feature on, which is to allow use of the Control Center on the lockscreen)). Take the iPhone from you and turn on airplane mode.

How would someone not know airplane mode is on? The icon pops up instantly.
    01-21-14 08:09 AM
415 ... 1011121314 ...