Have you read what print to go does??? I'll gladly send you the pdf

Posted via CB10
    I don't have the pdf you are talking about it seems. Is this the print to go that came with BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 02:20 PM
    Have you read what print to go does??? I'll gladly send you the pdf

Posted via CB10
    Print to go doesn't print anything. It sends a virtual copy to your phone from your computer. What pdf are you talking about?

I've heard that printing from BB1 can be done but it requires an app (imagine that, I didn't think we needed apps with BB10) and isn't natively built in like it is with iOS.

Regardless make sure you show that feature in your next comparison for speed and efficiency of printing wirelessly.
    01-21-14 02:57 PM
    If I recall print to go did not actually print anything?

Posted via CB10
    Requires a PC driver, which is not required on iOS and Android devices. You just print to the wireless and you're done. Print to go isn't even comparable. I'm surprised it was mentioned.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I don't have the pdf you are talking about it seems. Is this the print to go that came with BlackBerry 10?

Posted via CB10

Everybody seems keen on talking about what Print to Go isn't, but nobody has yet mentioned what it is. And this thread has already been hijacked about 300 times -- even the hijacks have been hijacked -- so here goes.

Print to Go does not actually print. It's a means to move documents wirelessly from a computer to a mobile device. The driver mentioned by n8ter looks to your computer like a print device, but instead of sending it to a printer, it sends it to your BB or PB. Open a doc on your computer, go to your print options and select Print to Go, and then 'print' it as you would if you wanted a hard copy. Open Print to Go on your BB10 device or PlayBook, and your document is there.

This was originally intended for use with the PlayBook, where the idea is to more efficiently store all your documents on the tab rather than carry around stacks of paper. But the PB unfortunately didn't find its way in to quite as many offices as they had hoped. Still comes in handy on your BB10 phone, though. Ya just can't actually print with it.
    darkehawke likes this.
    01-21-14 03:01 PM
    Everybody seems keen on talking about what Print to Go isn't, but nobody has yet mentioned what it is. And this thread has already been hijacked about 300 times -- even the hijacks have been hijacked -- so here goes.

Print to Go does not actually print. It's a means to move documents wirelessly from a computer to a mobile device. The driver mentioned by n8ter looks to your computer like a print device, but instead of sending it to a printer, it sends it to your BB or PB. Open a doc on your computer, go to your print options and select Print to Go, and then 'print' it as you would if you wanted a hard copy. Open Print to Go on your BB10 device or PlayBook, and your document is there.

This was originally intended for use with the PlayBook, where the idea is to more efficiently store all your documents on the tab rather than carry around stacks of paper. But the PB unfortunately didn't find its way in to quite as many offices as they had hoped. Still comes in handy on your BB10 phone, though. Ya just can't actually print with it.
    Exactly what I thought. I thought things were a bit misleading when there were claims that BlackBerry 10 has a native ability to print. Glad things have cleared up.
    So let the argument resume

Posted via CB10
    01-21-14 03:08 PM
    Exactly what I thought. I thought things were a bit misleading when there were claims that BlackBerry 10 has a native ability to print. Glad things have cleared up.
    So let the argument resume

Posted via CB10
    You should be able to print from BB10 natively. If you want to talk about mobile computing, this to me is right up there with the more basic and necessary functions. On the other hand, looking at the sizes and multitudes of print drivers on desktop computers, managing all those drivers would be a hefty task to pull off for a mobile device. Not to mention that most corporate printers (where this feature would be most likely to be taken advantage of, at least where BB devices are concerned) are on networks, which are usually locked down, which means it would probably have to somehow be baked into BES as well.
    01-21-14 03:21 PM
    Why use print to go when you can just email yourself the file or use BB10 file manager to connect to the PC remotely for viewing the file?

Cool feature, but it seems like there are easier alternatives.
    01-21-14 03:27 PM
    Why use print to go when you can just email yourself the file or use BB10 file manager to connect to the PC remotely for viewing the file?

Cool feature, but it seems like there are easier alternatives.
    Just another option for moving printable document files around. Anyway I think it was developed before RFA; and don't forget about that email attachment size limit on BB's.
    avt123 likes this.
    01-21-14 03:36 PM
    Just another option for moving printable document files around. Anyway I think it was developed before RFA; and don't forget about that email attachment size limit on BB's.
    What's the limit?
    01-21-14 03:44 PM
    Ah ok, if it was developed before that it makes a lot of sense. Either way it's cool to have another way to go about doing things.

What is the limit on the attachment size now? I thought that was a BIS/BES thing due to compression. Wouldn't the limit now just depend on what your email provider/server allows?
    01-21-14 03:52 PM
    What's the limit?
    Ah ok, if it was developed before that it makes a lot of sense. Either way it's cool to have another way to go about doing things.

What is the limit on the attachment size now? I thought that was a BIS/BES thing due to compression. Wouldn't the limit now just depend on what your email provider/server allows?
    I believe it's 10 MB, but I think it depends on your email server/provider. It also looks like 10.2.1 is fixing a bug that was throwing an error on smaller attachments than that (anything over 7.5 MB).
    avt123 likes this.
    01-21-14 03:57 PM
    So most of the videos are of him blabbing his mouth. Got it.
    xandermac likes this.
    01-21-14 04:51 PM
    So most of the videos are of him blabbing his mouth. Got it.
    Maybe you'll like this one better then.

mikeo007 likes this.
    01-21-14 05:12 PM
    Not only is that more entertaining, it's also more sensical!
    Love will it blend!
    01-21-14 05:21 PM
    At last a good use for iPhone--blender testing.
    01-21-14 05:27 PM
    Not only is that more entertaining, it's also more sensical!
    Love will it blend!
    Next up. New video from JC showing why the Z10 blends better, faster, smoother.

Yay

Side note: The blenders, they run on QNX.
    mikeo007, GadgetTravel and garnok like this.
    01-21-14 06:08 PM
    Brilliant!

Photos captured using BlackBerry devices - C00016D81
    01-21-14 09:22 PM
    If the manufacturer released it with the damage and without the features yes. But it doesn't matter. The phone they sell in the US, at least, with 10.1, doesn't have these features. It is not up to the carrier to solve these problems, Apple does it, even Motorola is starting to do it; Verizon released KitKat on the Moto X very soon after it became available. If BB can't make it happen, it is BB's problem, not the carriers.
    You GOTTA be kidding me! This is a "sarcastic" rant I assume, because otherwise it's nonsense.

CB10 : Z10 STL100-3 10.2.0.1803
    01-22-14 03:16 AM
    You GOTTA be kidding me! This is a "sarcastic" rant I assume, because otherwise it's nonsense.

No, it is not sarcasm. Just a simple statement of facts.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-22-14 04:31 AM

Please explain, because the comment to which you refer seems accurate to me.
    01-22-14 07:16 AM
    Please explain, because the comment to which you refer seems accurate to me.
    Yes. I didn't even think it was controversial.

01-22-14 07:26 AM
    No, it is not sarcasm. Just a simple statement of facts.

It's not a statement of facts, it's a statement of poor logic.

"The phone they sell in the US" - who is "they"? BlackBerry? Because they are not the sellers, the carriers are.
    01-22-14 09:09 AM

"The phone they sell in the US" - who is "they"? BlackBerry? Because they are not the sellers, the carriers are.
    Be serious.

Me2 likes this.
    01-22-14 09:19 AM

That's not a logical flaw; it's (at worst) an ambiguity. At any rate, when you get right down to it, the carriers are in the business of selling service plans, not devices. BBRY, Apple, Samsung and others are in the business of selling devices. So, even if the device is being "sold" by the carrier to the end user, the carrier is merely an intermediary.
    01-22-14 09:23 AM
    y the hell are ppl talking about printer now? thought its about bb vs iphone challenges.

btw, are ppl goin to post challenges that iphone win? or that is not allowed in cb? pretty sure u will get comment like who cares about iphone if its not in bb favor.
    01-22-14 09:25 AM
    That's not a logical flaw; it's (at worst) an ambiguity. At any rate, when you get right down to it, the carriers are in the business of selling service plans, not devices. BBRY, Apple, Samsung and others are in the business of selling devices. So, even if the device is being "sold" by the carrier to the end user, the carrier is merely an intermediary.
    I bought mine from Amazon, I suppose it's their fault as well. Near as I can tell some company named BlackBerry is providing these phones to various distributors.

darkehawke likes this.
    01-22-14 09:46 AM
415 ... 1314151617