McDonalds.

The defense rests.

Attachment 240153
    Dang it man now I could kill for three hash browns and a pancake platter and I can't go anywhere because the roads are already a mess!!!!
    01-21-14 08:21 AM
    Play Nice, Be Helpful, and have Respect!

This means keep the language clean, keep your posts polite, and don�t get into arguments over dumb things. If somebody responds to a thread you posted in poor fashion, ignore it, and the moderation team will quickly clean it up (you can always message or email a moderator at any time if you observe anything that is in poor taste/against the rules). Think back to what your parentals and teachers used to lecture - if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all.

Always remember that we are all unique and at different levels here - some of us are experienced BlackBerry users and forum junkies, while others are just starting out. If you�re on the experienced side, have patience for those just joining in on the fun and be helpful. With a little patience and a little help they won�t be newbies for long. Also remember that it is our differences that keeps this place interesting. If everyone was from the same place and at the same experience level it would be boring. This is a worldwide community united by a common interest - our love, or addiction as some would call it, for the BlackBerry!
    01-21-14 08:26 AM
    Why is it not enough to simply say "I like X because..." and stop there? I see a thread full of inaccurate claims about what iPhones cannot do. For example, I can attach multiple files to a single email, or share photos and videos with my WhatsApp contacts, or send videos and presentations to multiple recipients.
    The fact is that not everyone thinks of their smartphones the way they should, as computers whose functionality is generally defined by their sensors, radio sets and most of all, software. As such their functionality is steadily increasing as new software gets created.
    If you don't make a genuine effort to keep up to date with a given phone's capabilities, you're not going to know what it can actually do.
    I think you misunderstood what people are saying about attachments and sharing to WhatsApp and other third party apps.

You can't attach any files to the email you are composing from the email app. You have to do it from the photos app instead. This causes multiple problems:
    1. All the attachments have to be of the same type, you can't attach a photo and a pdf document to the same email.
    2. You have to know what you are attaching before composing the email and you are not allowed to change your mind.
    3. Only files that can be opened in an app can be attached/shared. You can't send a pdf document if you don't have a pdf reader installed for example.

Now about sharing to third party apps like WhatsApp. Apparently you can't share a photo to WhatsApp from the Photos app (or any other app). You have to open WhatsApp, find the contact, locate the photo and only then hit send. This action is much quicker on a BlackBerry 10 device, there's no need to exit the Photos app.
    01-21-14 08:26 AM
    I will give the iPhone the edge as far as the screen goes, sorry but the retina display is hard to beat. As as far as simplicity of use, I also give the edge to the iPhone.
    The Z10 has the same type of LCD panel (IPS) with a higher pixel density. Why do you think the iPhone has a better screen?
    07thking likes this.
    01-21-14 08:28 AM
    I think you misunderstood what people are saying about attachments and sharing to WhatsApp and other third party apps.

You can't attach any files to the email you are composing from the email app. You have to do it from the photos app instead. This causes multiple problems:
    1. All the attachments have to be of the same type, you can't attach a photo and a pdf document to the same email.
    2. You have to know what you are attaching before composing the email and you are not allowed to change your mind.
    3. Only files that can be opened in an app can be attached/shared. You can't send a pdf document if you don't have a pdf reader installed for example.

Now about sharing to third party apps like WhatsApp. Apparently you can't share a photo to WhatsApp from the Photos app (or any other app). You have to open WhatsApp, find the contact, locate the photo and only then hit send. This action is much quicker on a BlackBerry 10 device, there's no need to exit the Photos app.
    Actually, you know what? I think YOU are the one who is misunderstanding him. This is exactly the type of post he is talking about. You are vehemently defending Blackberry and their devices while spreading misinformation about iOS devices. You're a Blackberry fan, that's cool. Personally I could never bring myself to be a fan of an inanimate object, but to each their own.

What's extremely foolish though, is when someone slams another platform while not actually knowing what they're talking about, spread misinformation even after it's already been disproved, make uninformed comparisons, and constantly being apologetic for any perceived shortcomings, or moving the goalposts when any comparison shows their favourite device in a less than favourable light.

To address the outright LIES in this post alone:

Pre 1: You can attach a photo to ANY email at ANY time without using the photos app.
    BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-photo-1-21-2014-9-46-00-am.png

1. The attachments can be of ANY MIME type, there is no restriction to only a single type of attachment.
    BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-photo-1-21-2014-9-42-17-am.png

2. You can attach a file at any time, hence the screenshot above.

3. You need an app to get the file from. This app could be as simple as the built-in mail app, or something more complicated like iFiles. The app does not need to be able to open the file, although it would be foolish to have an app that can store a file and not open it.

Post 3: I posted a screenshot several pages ago EXPLICITLY disproving what you just wrote. It was iPhoto, with an option to share DIRECTLY to whatsapp.

Honestly, I wanted to stay out of this thread. However, when someone makes it their sole mission to spread as much misinformation as possible, it's time to straighten the record a bit.

Phone wars are pointless. Arguing about which phone is the "best" is pointless. Making up fake arguments and spreading misinformation is pointless.
    Last edited by mikeo007; 01-21-14 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Toned it down :)
    TGR1, avt123, Acidwire and 2 others like this.
    01-21-14 08:51 AM

There is a video there and an Instagram photo and a URL.

You can select and change your mind while composing the email.

All were attached from within the email app.

The last was a PDF I'd just received for a friend's farm.

Sent from my AWESOME gold 64G iPhone 5s via Tapatalk
    avt123 likes this.
    01-21-14 08:54 AM
    Yah Mike....
    You can love a platform, any platform. But it's best to understand fully how the platform works that you are criticising before making statements that are inaccurate.
    Last edited by qbnkelt; 01-21-14 at 09:29 AM.
    01-21-14 09:05 AM
    Not going to get into the photo sharing as there are far more options on iOS for sharing (apps) but as to challenge #1, setting an alarm, why not use siri? "Set an alarm for 5am" Done.

I guess he had a point to prove. Having said that, sharing on a blackberry has always been on of its strong points. Something I used to really like was sharing a post between twitter & Facebook & vice versa.

Twitter: xandermac
    01-21-14 09:15 AM
    Dang it man now I could kill for three hash browns and a pancake platter and I can't go anywhere because the roads are already a mess!!!!
    I know what you mean. I am on a like zero carb diet and have been for months. Every time I go by a McDs I start thinking of a Big Mac and fries. Ironic that someone criticized McDs on a forum names Crackberry, because there is something in that special sauce that makes me start humming a Lou Reed song or two.
    01-21-14 09:20 AM
    It?s a security thing most people don't get.
    It really depends on who you are, or possibly how into practical jokes your friends are.

And when your phone is locked, it because you aren't using it. It doesn't have your attention.

Posted via CB10
    You can choose to disallow Control Centre access on the lock screen.
    01-21-14 09:20 AM
    The Z10 has the same type of LCD panel (IPS) with a higher pixel density. Why do you think the iPhone has a better screen?
    Because it does.
    Ppi is only one small metric that is used to measure displays.

So what if the z10 has a slightly higher pixel density (356 vs 326) and is ips.

What about the following categories: Screen Reflections, Brightness and Contrast, Colors and Intensities, and Viewing Angles?

Or perhaps you also assumed that the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5/s's displays are identical because they both share the same ppi and LCD type.

You would be wrong.
    01-21-14 09:24 AM
    Maybe the screen responsiveness is different between iPhone and BlackBerry but it was argued earlier, and I've heard it before but never experienced it myself, that the Z10 unlocks in peoples pockets. I assume this is due to the fact that the pocket material is thin enough and the contact with ones leg is enough to register as a swipe or touch.
    Not only pants....I once put my Z10 inside a Tshirt pocket because my hands were full and I didn't have pant pockets and it dialed. Bit of an embarrassment.
    01-21-14 09:26 AM
    I know what you mean. I am on a like zero carb diet and have been for months. Every time I go by a McDs I start thinking of a Big Mac and fries. Ironic that someone criticized McDs on a forum names Crackberry, because there is something in that special sauce that makes me start humming a Lou Reed song or two.
    Oh I need to get on the bear's case about the MickeyD's reference. There is about three inches on the ground at the moment and I'm way past the time that I would dare drive in this mess.
    GadgetTravel likes this.
    01-21-14 09:30 AM
    Actually that's only partially true.
    You will not have to open WhatsApp in order to send a photo to a WhatsApp contact via WhatsApp.
    Even if you use WhatsApp you don't need to use it to search for the picture or select it. You can use copy and paste if you prefer that method or
    On the other hand, you can attach multiple files of different types to the same email and send them, all from within the same app.

Edit: I see that there have already been superior replies on this same issue
    Last edited by Kiswathi; 01-21-14 at 10:03 AM. Reason: Redundancy:
    01-21-14 09:37 AM
    Actually, you know what? I think YOU are the one who is misunderstanding him. This is exactly the type of post he is talking about. You are vehemently defending Blackberry and their devices while spreading misinformation about iOS devices. You're a Blackberry fan, that's cool. Personally I could never bring myself to be a fan of an inanimate object, but to each their own.

What's extremely foolish though, is when someone slams another platform while not actually knowing what they're talking about, spread misinformation even after it's already been disproved, make uninformed comparisons, and constantly being apologetic for any perceived shortcomings, or moving the goalposts when any comparison shows their favourite device in a less than favourable light.

To address the outright LIES in this post alone:

Pre 1: You can attach a photo to ANY email at ANY time without using the photos app.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 1-21-2014, 9 46 00 AM.png 
Views:	434 
Size:	96.1 KB 
ID:	240430

1. The attachments can be of ANY MIME type, there is no restriction to only a single type of attachment.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo 1-21-2014, 9 42 17 AM.png 
Views:	434 
Size:	84.6 KB 
ID:	240423

2. You can attach a file at any time, hence the screenshot above.

3. You need an app to get the file from. This app could be as simple as the built-in mail app, or something more complicated like iFiles. The app does not need to be able to open the file, although it would be foolish to have an app that can store a file and not open it.

Post 3: I posted a screenshot several pages ago EXPLICITLY disproving what you just wrote. It was iPhoto, with an option to share DIRECTLY to whatsapp.

Honestly, I wanted to stay out of this thread. However, when someone makes it their sole mission to spread as much misinformation as possible, it's time to straighten the record a bit.

Phone wars are pointless. Arguing about which phone is the "best" is pointless. Making up fake arguments and spreading misinformation is pointless.
    I don't belive I said any lies. You still didn't show me how anything other than photos or videos can be attached to an email from the email app (not forwarded).

Also, not being able to send a file if you don't already have an app that can open/edit it is a big problem. How do you send an HTML/TXT file you just downloaded from a website? Do you download an app first? What about files that were sent to you via an IM client? Is this reasonable to you?

And regarding WhatsApp sharing, "Open in" is not the same as "Share to". Also, if you read my previous post you will see I started with the word "apparently", because it's not something I was able to check. It was said by people on this forum who also use an iPhone.
    01-21-14 10:11 AM
    Because it does.
    Ppi is only one small metric that is used to measure displays.

So what if the z10 has a slightly higher pixel density (356 vs 326) and is ips.

What about the following categories: Screen Reflections, Brightness and Contrast, Colors and Intensities, and Viewing Angles?

Or perhaps you also assumed that the iPhone 4 and the iPhone 5/s's displays are identical because they both share the same ppi and LCD type.

You would be wrong.
    I agree, but he used the word "Retina" which is Apple's marketing term for a display with a high pixel density. This led me to belive that he was referring to the DPI and not things like viewing angles or colour accuracy.

Also, what do you know about the Z10's screen in terms of screen reflection, brightness and contrast, colours and intensities, and viewing angles?
    01-21-14 10:16 AM
    I agree, but he used the word "Retina" which is Apple's marketing term for a display with a high pixel density. This led me to belive that he was referring to the DPI and not things like viewing angles or colour accuracy.

Also, what do you know about the Z10's screen in terms of screen reflection, brightness and contrast, colours and intensities, and viewing angles?
    He said the iPhones screen was better than the Z10's. Not a lot of interpretation to be made out of that statement.
    01-21-14 10:21 AM
    He said the iPhones screen was better than the Z10's. Not a lot of interpretation to be made out of that statement.
    In that case he would be wrong too. Brightness, contrast and colour temperature are all better on the Z10's display. The iPhone's display only wins in the colour accuracy category.

http://www.phonearena.com/phones/Bla...599/benchmarks
    01-21-14 10:36 AM
    Just to be clear, I am not criticizing McDonald's. I actually like McDonald's. In fact I would kill right now for a quarter pounder with cheese. I was simply using it to illustrate the point that popularity and huge sales numbers do not equate to high quality. Yes, it tastes good, it's cheap, and it's convenient. But I defy anyone to look at any restaurant here on Federal Hill, for example, and then tell me that McDonald's is quality food. Consistent? Yes. Good value? Yes. Sells billions? Yes. High quality? Nnnnnno.

I also love unique-to-RI New York System wieners. They sell like crazy here, especially after the bars close. Absolutely NOT quality food, but no one outside of RI would get the reference.
    01-21-14 10:44 AM
    Just to be clear, I am not criticizing McDonald's. I actually like McDonald's. In fact I would kill right now for a quarter pounder with cheese. I was simply using it to illustrate the point that popularity and huge sales numbers do not equate to high quality. Yes, it tastes good, it's cheap, and it's convenient. But I defy anyone to look at any restaurant here on Federal Hill, for example, and then tell me that McDonald's is quality food. Consistent? Yes. Good value? Yes. Sells billions? Yes. High quality? Nnnnnno.

I also love unique-to-RI New York System wieners. They sell like crazy here, especially after the bars close. Absolutely NOT quality food, but no one outside of RI would get the reference.
    I want some French fries and two fish filets and I can't go out... :-(

Posted from my awesome Q10 via CB10.
    01-21-14 11:55 AM
    In that case he would be wrong too. Brightness, contrast and colour temperature are all better on the Z10's display. The iPhone's display only wins in the colour accuracy category.

BlackBerry Z10 Benchmarks
    The Z10s screen outscores the iPhone 5 screen in 3 categories (brightness, contrast and color temp). It ties in 1 (minimum brightness). It loses in 7 (basically the entire viewing angles chart).

The link you posted proves the iPhones screen is better overall.
    01-21-14 12:01 PM

Sorry, all I got's a Milky Way!
    01-21-14 12:01 PM

Damn. Now I do too!
    sleepngbear likes this.
    01-21-14 12:07 PM
    The Z10s screen outscores the iPhone 5 screen in 3 categories (brightness, contrast and color temp). It ties in 1 (minimum brightness). It loses in 7 (basically the entire viewing angles chart).

The link you posted proves the iPhones screen is better overall.
    Viewing angles is just one category, there's no point in splitting it into 7 separate ones. So is brightness. Think of viewing angles as another column in the first table. Also, they don't really matter on a 4 inch display. You are the only one looking at it, so there will be no angle.
    01-21-14 12:26 PM
    Viewing angles is just one category, there's no point in splitting it into 7 separate ones. Think of it as another column in the first table. Also, they don't really matter on a 4 inch display. You are the only one looking at it, so there will be no angle.
    That doesn't change the fact that the iPhones screen only lost (still counting the other table as not one category) in 3 categories out of 12 (can't count two of them because no data is given).

Even if you count it as 1 category, the iPhone still wins 4-3-1. So according to the tables you posted, the claims that the iPhones screen is better are true.
    01-21-14 12:34 PM
415 ... 1112131415 ...