The Z30 should be used for performance comparisons. I agree.
    01-20-14 06:05 AM
    Of course it matters for the people working there and for the investors. But we are comparing the products, not the balance sheets. There is no connection between sales and quality and that is why I mentioned Beiber and Jagger. Let's discuss features and hardware and leave sales out of it.
    You can't be taken seriously.

What's the point about features and sales if nobody buys it.
    01-20-14 06:27 AM
    You can't be taken seriously.

What's the point about features and sales if nobody buys it.
    Saab 9-3 was extremely reliable car, rich of features. but somehow, people were not buying it.
    01-20-14 07:20 AM
    Who cares how much money Apple makes? We are talking about their products, not the performance of the 2 companies. By your logic, Justin Beiber is a better artist than Mick Jagger because he sells more and has more followers on Twitter.
    I don't think the Stones have done anything of much more since Goats Head Soup. Don't know about Beiber, never listened to him.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-20-14 07:24 AM
    Saab 9-3 was extremely reliable car, rich of features. but somehow, people were not buying it.
    Really? Perhaps before gm bought it.
    However, you seem to be proving my point, didn't Saab go bankrupt?

"Bought a Saab Recently? You�re Screwed"

"Should you worry about this? It�s not like Saabs are unreliable cars. Actually it is . "

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2011/b...youre-screwed/

And

As much as if feel comparing Saab to blackberry is an apt comparison; Cars CANNOT be compared to smartphones.
    01-20-14 07:35 AM

"Bought a Saab Recently? You’re Screwed"

"Should you worry about this? It’s not like Saabs are unreliable cars. Actually it is . "

Bought a Saab Recently? You're Screwed. | The Smoking Tire

And
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/3a9a2ere.jpg

As much as if feel comparing Saab to blackberry is an apt comparison; Cars CANNOT be compared to smartphones.
    This is probably the first time in my life that I have seen Saabs described as "reliable". Perhaps not surprising given some of the stuff I read here.
    01-20-14 07:39 AM
    strange enough. I had my saab for 5 years and had NO issues with the car :/
    01-20-14 07:52 AM
    This is probably the first time in my life that I have seen Saabs described as "reliable". Perhaps not surprising given some of the stuff I read here.
    I lol'ed. .

Don't forget this whopper.

"sales has nothing to do with quality"
    Acidwire likes this.
    01-20-14 07:53 AM
    strange enough. I had my saab for 5 years and had NO issues with the car :/
    Was it a Saab or a re-skinned caddy?

The company didn't go under for **** 's and giggles.
    01-20-14 07:54 AM
    I lol'ed. .

I can name you tons of stuff that sells like crazy and is terrible in quality. IE most things made for cheap export by China, and the entire inventory of stores such as the DollarStore.
    Last edited by Karan Mohal; 01-20-14 at 08:29 AM. Reason: spelling
    01-20-14 08:20 AM
    iPhone fan logic: "It sells the best, and makes Apple a lot of money on it, therefore its clearly the best phone ever made"

I used to argue this asinine line of thought... but some people refuse to get it. You would think these guys somehow benefit from Apple's sales lol... Who knows maybe they have Apple stock.
    01-20-14 08:28 AM
    I can name you tons of stuff that sells like crazy and is terrible in quality. IE most things make for cheap export by China, and the entire inventory of stores such as the DollarStore.
    I'm sure you can because their cheap.
    Are you comparing that to blackberry devices?
    Are you calling blackberry devices cheap?
    Are you advocating for blackberry to sell bb10 in dollar stores?

Because that was the discussion quality, sales and blackberry 10.
    01-20-14 08:33 AM
    iPhone fan logic: "It sells the best, and makes Apple a lot of money on it, therefore its clearly the best phone ever made"

I used to argue this asinine line of thought... but some people refuse to get it. You would think these guys somehow benefit from Apple's sales lol... Who knows maybe they have Apple stock.
    Unfortunately no Apple stock. I think the pro Apple argument is at least better than the one; "no one buys BBs and their market share keeps dropping every quarter since BB10 came out because they're the best and everyone is too stupid to figure it out".
    01-20-14 08:47 AM
    I lol'ed. .

I drive an Acura TL so I guess it is all relative. Although years ago I remember my cousin describing his Saab and I kept imagining some sort of quantum catastrophe enveloping it at any moment he was driving it in which all it's atoms suddenly randomly dissociated from one another.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    01-20-14 09:02 AM
    iPhone fan logic: "It sells the best, and makes Apple a lot of money on it, therefore its clearly the best phone ever made" ...snip
    Is there somewhere in the this tread a post that actually says this?
    01-20-14 09:07 AM
    BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-photo.jpg
    I don't know how reliable Saab was as a brand, but I do know a wheel fell off my wife's 2003 9-5. You read that right; a wheel fell off. She didn't hit a pothole, she wasn't in a collision, and the car was regularly maintained. And yet, a wheel fell off.

(Sorry about the rotated photo, not sure how to fix.)
    01-20-14 09:10 AM
    "no one buys BBs and their market share keeps dropping every quarter since BB10 came out because they're the best and everyone is too stupid to figure it out".

Well, I guess I must be nobody then because I bought one. As for people being stupid, I would suggest that they are subject to marketing and PR, two areas in which BlackBerry could use a lot of help. Technologically, BlackBerry is way ahead at this point. Most people don't see this because they haven't tried it and believe the hogwash the media has been spewing for a couple of years now. There's a big difference between stupidity and ignorance.

Back to the subject at hand...

I recently had an experience in which I asked a team member to record a meeting and send the recording and a PowerPoint deck to other employees who were engaged in other activities and unable to attend. Silly me, I thought this person had a smartphone since they're so proud of their iPhone 5S.

Lo and behold, we had to wait until the person got back to their desk hours later to get the slides, and we never did get the recording. I would have been able to send both instantly from my Z10 the minute the meeting ended.

This is not a one-off. There have been many times in which productivity is hampered because people are using children's toys as their work phones. IPhone users are the worst in this regard. They don't even respond quickly to emails.

I am now officially lobbying at the C level to issue BB10 devices, at least to VPs and directors. I believe that any company whose employees are on the go would be wise to make the switch.
    01-20-14 09:12 AM
    Yes, iOS is a more popular choice. This only says that Apple as a company has better marketing and a wider audience. It says absolutely nothing about the quality or efficiency of their products, which is what we were discussing here in this thread.
    Marketing. The knee jerk response commonly used on this thread as to why BB10 flopped and Apple is a success.

Marketing is only a part of why Apple's mobile is a success.

When you buy Apple, you are generally not left high and dry when it comes to support.
    01-20-14 09:13 AM
    Who cares how long it takes to set an alarm. Who cares the BB finished that task 3 seconds faster. Who cares it took the iPhone an extra 5 seconds to type an email. No one cares. That's why the iPhone is number one.
    In real life use they both do it in the same amount of time. Everyone uses an iPhone theses days. It's the standard like Kleenex is to tissue paper. Just accept it. It's done and nothing is gonna change that.
    01-20-14 09:13 AM
    Yes, iOS is a more popular choice. This only says that Apple as a company has better marketing and a wider audience. It says absolutely nothing about the quality or efficiency of their products, which is what we were discussing here in this thread.
    If you want to point to marketing as a contributing factor, fine. But to say that the success of a product says "nothing" about its quality is the silliest thing you've ever written on this forum, which is no small feat.
    Acidwire likes this.
    01-20-14 09:18 AM

"Bought a Saab Recently? You�re Screwed"

"Should you worry about this? It�s not like Saabs are unreliable cars. Actually it is . "

http://www.thesmokingtire.com/2011/b...youre-screwed/

And
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/01/20/3a9a2ere.jpg

My parents owned a Saab back in the day and that car was the worst. It constantly broke down and had nothing but problems. The worst part was trying to find someone to fix it. My dad bought it as an extra car to be used if someone needed it (family of 8 kids). He eventually junked it because it was such an awful car.

Doesn't really have to do with anything but the name Saab sends chills up my spine. That car was the worst.
    01-20-14 09:22 AM
    If you want to point to marketing as a contributing factor, fine. But to say that the success of a product says "nothing" about its quality is the silliest thing you've ever written on this forum, which is no small feat.
    McDonalds.

The defense rests.

BlackBerry vs iPhone Challenge 2-3cb7bd59c7a5.gif
    kbz1960, Karan Mohal and Toodeurep like this.
    01-20-14 09:28 AM
    "no one buys BBs and their market share keeps dropping every quarter since BB10 came out because they're the best and everyone is too stupid to figure it out".

Well, I guess I must be nobody then because I bought one. As for people being stupid, I would suggest that they are subject to marketing and PR, two areas in which BlackBerry could use a lot of help.
    Another marketing excuse.
    Technologically, BlackBerry is way ahead at this point. [
    Apparently, for Blackberry, that's not enough. An iPhone is more than just the phone. Blackberry didn't get it. Apparently you don't either.
    Most people don't see this because they haven't tried it and believe the hogwash the media has been spewing for a couple of years now. There's a big difference between stupidity and ignorance. [
    There certainly is.
    Back to the subject at hand...

I recently had an experience in which I asked a team member to record a meeting and send the recording and a PowerPoint deck to other employees who were engaged in other activities and unable to attend. Silly me, I thought this person had a smartphone since they're so proud of their iPhone 5S.

Lo and behold, we had to wait until the person got back to their desk hours later to get the slides, and we never did get the recording. I would have been able to send both instantly from my Z10 the minute the meeting ended.

This is not a one-off. There have been many times in which productivity is hampered because people are using children's toys as their work phones. IPhone users are the worst in this regard. They don't even respond quickly to emails.

I am now officially lobbying at the C level to issue BB10 devices, at least to VPs and directors. I believe that any company whose employees are on the go would be wise to make the switch.
    Anecdotal, therefore meaningless outside of your context.
    01-20-14 09:28 AM
    McDonalds.

The defense rests.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3cb7bd59c7a5.gif 
Views:	410 
Size:	12.8 KB 
ID:	240153
    What, are you not getting hamburger?
    01-20-14 09:30 AM
    McDonalds.

The defense rests.
    Swing-and-a-miss. Say what you want about McDonalds, but there are people out there that genuinely like it. If there weren't, it never would be able to boast "billions and billions served."
    01-20-14 09:35 AM
415 ... 56789 ...